[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How easy is it to claim travel insurance?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: samurai-champloo-9.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
samurai-champloo-9.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
For example if I lose my laptop it says I'm covered for up to $3000, but what do I actually have to do in order to get that?

I'm going to be in Japan.
>>
>>1217104
You have to file a police claim typically. I only claimed once. Work obligation canc'ed my trip. I attached an email showing I had to work during those dates, and a LES proving my employment, and my claim was settled.
>>
In SEA you just pay the police to say your shit was stolen in a report. A new MacBook Pro every time I visit Thailand pays for itself
>>
>>1217134
Ok... but if I'm in Japan, and I call a local police station they likely won't speak english. Im not sure i can explain and if i need a report it would also be in japanese
>>
Generally its not that easy to claim insurance back and trust me they will make it as difficult and as long as possible, but it varies. You need to make sure you have an insurance policy before you go (i used trailfinders) and mainly how it works is that if you need to go to hospital or you lose something, basically you pay out of your own money and the insurance will reimburse you after but if you lose something you need to prove you lost it, file a police report ect. So it's not as easy as you think and honestly if you get caught (and you will) for fraud you will be heavily fined/probably jail.
>>
>>1217104
depends on a lot of variables.
i literally burst out crying after a month of chasing the french police and talking with embassies, too, cause i couldn't get shit done with the french police, let alone get a report from them... i ended up phoning my insurance company with zero proof that my stuff was stolen in france (happened to be true, unlike >>1217134), they paid without any questions. i was a bit surprised, but happy obviously.
>>
>>1217104
Lost my phone in Peru, went to Bolivia cause fucking Peruvian polcie couldn't do anything, said at Bolivian police that I was robbed at 3am coming from the club. Sent the report to insurance company. Refunded 50% of my 1.5 half year old phone.
>>
>>1217134
You don't even need to pay for a police report faggot
>>
>>1217104
Travel insurance is a scam, actually getting any money out of them is like getting blood from a stone.
>>
>>1217386
How could you not get a report from the French police? You only have to get into any police station, tell them what happened, sign the documents they print and keep one for yourself. That's your report.
>>
>>1217386
>>1217577
I saw a police station in Nice where you don't even have to talk to anyone. There's a touch-screen machine (in multiple languages) where you file your report. Then you just press a button and it prints your report.

but in general getting any money out of travel insurance is a pain. I had some cash stolen from my hotel room in the Philippines. Then I recalled that I read on my insurance policy that it covers stolen cash too. Went to the police station, spent a whole day getting the rerport from them. Got it. Back home, read the insuarence terms again:
- only covers cash withdrawn from the same credit card insurance comes with, in the last 48 hours.
- only concerns robberies (not theft from hotel)

Besides, tripadvisor rejected my report on that hotel - I guess since it was my first review. But fuck it, this was the first time it was worth writing an actual fukcing review.
>>
File: 918598192581.png (35KB, 475x122px) Image search: [Google]
918598192581.png
35KB, 475x122px
>>1217134
>>
>>1217577
Short version: I had no chance.
I lost my phone during the security check at CDG at an early morning flight after a long-haul one.
Security check people messed with everyone's belongings, including mine, and I only realized that they not only messed with the stuff of the people around me, but that they also reorganized mine, while we were taking off with the next flight already.
Being the nice person I am, I assumed maybe someone handed my phone to lost and found, maybe they didn't steal it in the middle of the security check.
As soon as I landed, I reported the case with every single detail to CDG. I have repeatedly phoned them, mailed them, phoned the police there, made multiple friends go to lost and found at CDG over the course of months.
After over a dozen of attempts to get my phone back, or to get any written response from CDG (I can write a novel on their blatant lies over the phone, including customer service managers lying), I phoned my insurance company. They told me it would be nice to file a report.
I found out that I can also make a report via mail (not e-mail, but regular mail) from abroad, but by that time I had asked for so many favors from my French friends, that I didn't want to ask for a favor again with revising my translation for the report.
The French police told me that I can also make a report via the French embassy at my country. The French embassy was laughing at me, but told me that my local police was in good contact with the French police, and that I can check with the local police. This I knew was bs, but I pass by a police station every day anyway, so I did chat with a police officer, and he confirmed this was complete bullcrap, and told me to go to France to file a report.
By this time my insurance company sent me the money already without a report, so I gave up. I want to sue the hell out of CDG at one point, those lies from costumer service were bad, and I lost one unsynched contact that was important.
>>
>>1217594
Well, if you're there, please file a report on my behalf.
I don't want to ask more favours from my French friends anymore, I made them talk with CDG people many times already, and I got the money back anyway.
I for one do not want to set foot on French soil in the near future, but if I have to, I won't only go to the police, I'll also take time off to discuss the issue with local lawyers.
>>
>>1217723
>>1217725
the problem with French officials is their incompetence. If they don't know something, they won't tell you that they don't know, but they will tell you some bullshit to send you away - the farther away the better. So you need to know exactly what you want from them. In that case they'll do the thing you ask.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience. But anyway, you got your money back.

Oh and if you do sue the shit out of CDG (whatever that can mean - there are many legal entities operating there) I'll be greatful to you. I have quite some hatred for the french administration in general.
>>
>>1217723
If you're abroad, you have to make the report in the local police station. If you want to sue the airport or anyone, you can do in in your country.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.