[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Airlines

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0063.jpg (163KB, 1365x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0063.jpg
163KB, 1365x768px
Opinions on SAS? I'm looking at a long haul flight to Tokyo and I don't wanna use Turkish Airlines or Air France.

Also airline general I guess
>>
They have recently upgraded the interior of all their long distance aircraft.
>>
Why don't you want to use Air France?

I'm also checking to book a flight to Tokyo on September, and the best options are Air France, Lufthansa or KLM.

Waiting for my holidays to be confirmed to know the exact dates though.

Any recommendations about those 3 airlines?
>>
File: tumblr_n7qfieWJ2U1qduw8yo1_500.jpg (48KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n7qfieWJ2U1qduw8yo1_500.jpg
48KB, 500x500px
I just flew Avianca for the first time and I was really impressed. Even my hour and a half connector flight had in-seat entertainment, hot food and qt 3.14 attendants that actually, you know, attended.

Sure beats a bag of almonds and a sky-mall tossed in your lap by Gladys the former cosmetologist.

Also, damn I dig those uniforms.
>>
>>1217278
Too cramped (3-4-3) and weren't anything special on my trip to Hongkong
>>
>>1217278
the flights themselves are about the same on all three, but you probably want to pick klm just cause of schiphol.
the weather probably varies the most there, but at least there is some structure at schiphol, and the people working there really know what their job is.
cdg is hell, i mean not moscow levels of hell, but it's really fucking bad.
>>
Opinions on air europa?
>>
>>1217382
>when you know who posted this
And I can fully agree with it.

And for OP, try finnair.
A350 to tokyo in a 3-3-3 configuration. probably the best you can get.
>>
>>1217428
hi!
>>
>>1217428
>when you know who posted this

Seems like we recognize each other easily in airline threads.
>>
I've been going with them to Tokyo a few times and they're good. The food is okay, and it's a pretty basic non-budget airline. Entertainment has more Scandinavian movies than usually but they always have English subtitle, and they will have some Asian movies as well.
>>
>>1217377
>>1217382

Thanks guys.

Also, has any of you booked a flight through gotogate.com? I never book on those kind of sites, I always buy the tickets through the official airlines websites, but somehow the ones I'm looking are quite cheaper there (and I can even choose my seat and stuff).

I'm reading good opinions but since it is an important amount of money (+600€) I don't want to take any risks.
>>
>>1217809
>I always buy the tickets through the official airlines websites

are you fucking kidding me

It's always hundreds if not thousands of dollars cheaper to book the same flight through another site
>>
>>1217811
Every time I've done it, it was the same price in the official websites. Or maybe like 5€ more expensive.
>>
>>1217811
>It's always hundreds if not thousands of dollars cheaper to book the same flight through another site
I usually notice it's the same price. And, you check in through the official airline anyway. I don't see the difference. EVER. Maybe we fly different airlines. If you fly often, like more than 2 or 3 times a year, you start to notice that your airline perks are worth more than airfare differences anyway. There are times you want priority boarding on connections, free seat assignments/upgrades to sit near the front, a free checked bag for your heavy shopping. I'm pretty loyal to about 10 airlines, 5 domestic, and rest okay for international, and the rest I wouldn't get on, prices or not.
>>
Idk I normally only see a difference that is less than 3%.
I always go for the official airline sites, my friends don't. I never had any problem with my bookings, and when I had to re-book due to missed connections, etc, it went smooth as a breeze. My friends had issues...
>>
>>1217811
It's almost always the same price.
Just search through Google flights
>>
Turkish airlines is great, why would you not want to use it ?
>>
>>1217811
>>1217845
>>1217862
>It's always hundreds if not thousands of dollars cheaper to book the same flight through another site
It must vary quite a bit by airline. I used to fly a fair amount (spent around a third of my time abroad for work, mostly chopped up in lots of little 1-3 week trips), and while I eventually stopped booking my own tickets, I can count at least a dozen occasions when I got a better deal by booking through the airlines' own websites. I always shop around nowadays, and will frequently book through third-party sites, but I always cross-reference with the airline.
>>
>>1217070
>Airlines general
Anyone used Volotea, a discount carrier out of Spain? I assume they're going to be medium-lousy to absolutely-awful, but they were the cheapest deal I could find on some domestic tickets within Italy.

Are they worse than, say, Easyjet? Will I regret these ninety minutes of my life enough to wish I'd paid three times as much on Alitalia?
>>
>>1217070
They have nice long haul flights. Comparable to any other respected airline. Flew SAS from Oslo to HK, and it was easily comparable t my Qatar airlines flight from Oslo to Sri Lanka (Via qatar)
>>
>>1217811
Confirmed for never having booked his own flight tickets.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.