[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

noko

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: South Am.png (283KB, 1540x658px) Image search: [Google]
South Am.png
283KB, 1540x658px
I'm leaving for South america in a couple of days, will spend 1 month there.
I'm flying into Rio then out from Lima.
Planning to spend a couple of days in rio during Carnival.
Im thinking of hitchhiking and taking a couple of buses is it possible to make it over land or should I book a flight to shorten the distance?
>>
>>1216883
By bus it'll take you probably like a week or so.
And it won't be a pleasant ride.
And it won't be a cheap ride either.
Catch a plane, it's cheaper, faster and way more comfortable.
>>
>>1216883
Would suggest you take a piano.
>>
>>1216883
Ok fuck it, if you are crazy enough to try it.
OrmeƱo (major bus company in Peru) offers a bus from Lima to Sao Paulo. It is THE LONGEST BUS IN THE WORLD.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1agWg41Oq2c

As far as I know, it is not a sleeper bus (cama suite) so expect for an extremely unpleasant 4 days.

If you actually are crazy enogh to try this.
At least stop by Cusco to shave off a day and to see Manchu Pichu. (it is Pikia good)
>>
>>1217173
how much is this ?
if i flew to Lima then took it would i actually save any money ? flight to sao paulo being about 800 and to lima 400
>>
>>1217189
800 and 400 what you dense?
Soles? Reais? Mosquitoes?

Apparently they started a new line that goes from Rio de Janeiro to Lima and it costs 830 reais. That would be about US$300.
In other words, you pay US300 to spend 5 miserable days in a bus surrounded by Peruvians and, hopefully, no crying child.
I think to Sao Paulo is a bit cheaper, but not that much.
And I heard you can get a discount if you pay on cash (if you're crazy enough to be carrying that much money on you in a third world country, which I wouldn't recommend).
>>
>>1216883
I don't know about Peru-Bolivia border, but do take care with Bolivia-Brazil one. It's a smuggling (including guns and drugs) zone
>>
>>1217211
>800 and 400 what you dense?
dollars mate
also bus sounds horrible wouldn't take that
>>
Op here
so its now looking like im flying from sao paolo too La Paz then im gonna try to get across lake titticaca and then go on from there, anything i should try too see on the way other then machu pichu? is it worth staying in rio/surrounding are for longer than 1 week?
>>
>>1217735
No.
There're other states that are worth visiting for that long, but not rio. Rio is infested with criminals that carry army-grade weapons and will kill anyone that enters their territory. It's not unheard of and even not that uncommon to hear tourists being killed because they entered a favela.
The "safe" places to visit in rio are just the damn expensive touristic areas so don't bother. It'll be crowded and you'll waste tons of money.

State of minas gerais is awesome, just besides rio and its border with sao paulo also has lots of mountains, which are great if you like hiking.
>>
>>1217735
>>1217840
i stayed in rio fror 5 weeks didn't have any problems didn't even stay in touristy area, i was in centro
but if you are tall and white (i'm not) you will stand out and that is not good but with all the tourist for carnival they will probably just think you are an argie if you can speak Spanish
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.