[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Singapore to Copenhagen overland

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: map.png (1MB, 953x547px) Image search: [Google]
map.png
1MB, 953x547px
I'm planning a fairly ambitious trip going from Singapore to Copenhagen without taking a plane, hopefully mostly by train. Looking to start mid-May next year.

How much can I play it by ear and buy tickets on the day or a few days beforehand, especially in China and Russia? I want to stay flexible in case I like a particular city and want to stay longer.

I want to see a few World Cup games in Russia and take advantage of the visa-free entry, but am worried about price surges and overcrowding during the tournament. Any advice and experiences from anons who have traveled to countries during major sporting events?

Anyone else done a long trip like this have any other advice?

Attached is a rough map of the route I want to take
>>
For the chinese visa, you need to book all you hostels and hotel ahead of time. So you wont be very flexible while in china. Same goes for russia, but you said something about visa free, so that shouldn't be a problem

However, trans siberian rail to mosow, you need to book ahead of time, so again not much flexibility.

Id say songapore to hanoi, you can pretty much book a day ahead, and from helsinki to denmark. The russia china mongolia thing needs to be booked ahead because of visas, transport and visa

Good trip though, looks very fun
>>
For the chinese visa, you need to book all you hostels and hotel ahead of time. So you wont be very flexible while in china. Same goes for russia, but you said something about visa free, so that shouldn't be a problem

However, trans siberian rail to mosow, you need to book ahead of time, so again not much flexibility.

Id say songapore to hanoi, you can pretty much book a day ahead, and from helsinki to denmark. The russia china mongolia thing needs to be booked ahead because of visas, transport and visa

Good trip though, looks very fun!
>>
>>1216873
>Beijing to Xian to Shanghai to Yunan to Guangzhou to Vietnam

WTF?!?
China has a very extensive High Speed Rail network.
Beijing to Xian is 6 hours.
Beijing to Shanghai is 5.5 hours.
Beijing to Guangzhou is 8 hours.
Shanghai to Chengdu has 3 fast trains 11 hours each.

The rest are mostly slow sleeper trains.

Yunnan is fucking awesome.
I personally recommend you see the far north. Go to a town call Feilaisi then hike into Yubeng. (you won't regret this)

Guangzhou is honestly boring.
Naning has a sleeper train to Hanoi, kinda annoying since you cross the border at 2am in the morning. But it works. Hanoi is honest kinda boring. You can ride the unification express all the way south. It is slow as snails. Haivan pass is rediculously beautiful. I wished I had stopped by there.

Chaodoc to Pheno Penn has a ferry service, the Veitnam side is super scenic as you get to see the locals doing their water things in the mekong delta.

Cambodia suck balls.
Thailand is cool.
Thailand to Singapore is another long journey.

Cheers, and bon voyage.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.