[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Planning a trip to Europe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: mapa-europa.jpg (59KB, 677x578px) Image search: [Google]
mapa-europa.jpg
59KB, 677x578px
Hey fellow /trv/elers, I'm starting to plan a trip to Europe with my friends, It'll take place on August or October, we didn't decide yet. We are planning on visiting several countries .I'll give you the list
>Spain:Madrid, Barcelona and Valencia
>France:Paris, Nize, Cannes and Marselle.
>England: London and Liverpool.
>Belgium: Brussels, Gante, Amberes and Brujas.
>Netherlands: Rotterdam and Amsterdam.
>Germany: Dortmund, Dusseldorf, Berlin and Koln.
>Czech Republic: Prague.
>Slovakia: Bratislava:
>Hungary: Budapest.
>Austria: Viena (I wanted to visit Salzburg, Inssbruck or Hallstat instead)
>Croatia: Zagreb.
>Slovenia: Ljubliana.
>Italy: Venice, Rome, Firenze, Pisa, Bologne, Milan and Turin.

I want to maybe skip one of the italian cities and visit Belgrade instead though.

We´re going for about a month, perhaps more. Are we including all the musts? Is there something we are skipping, or that is worth skipping? How much money and time would we need in order to accomplish this journey? What would be the best routes to take? Bus/ Train Schedules? Hostels/ Hotels?

Any tips and info is welcome.
>>
File: 1389210403293.jpg (13KB, 244x209px) Image search: [Google]
1389210403293.jpg
13KB, 244x209px
>i want to visit 32 cities across europe in one month
>>
>>1216608
This

You have less than one day for each city, not including travel.

Split the trip up, and dedicate it to a few places - you'll see the cities better and it'll be a memorable and fun trip, not "how the fuck can we get to the airport/train station/bus depot on time?!?!?!?!"
>>
>>1216657
Thanks for the advice, what cities/places do you reccomend?
>>
>>1216685
Depends on your budget and if there's any places in particular you wanted to visit.

There's a few you can take out immediately (unless you really want to go there)
>England
Boring as shit, nothing to see here. Maybe London, but definitely not Liverpool.
>Slovakia
I don't know much about it, but it doesn't strike me as much of an interesting place to go; probably why I don't know much about it.
>Slovenia
ditto with Slovakia

What I might suggest is go to a few countries that are close to each other, in order to minimise travel time and expenses.
For example, in the following order:
>Spain - Barcelona
>France - Nice, Paris
>Belgium - Brussels
>Netherlands - Amsterdam
>Germany - Dusseldorf, Berlin
>Czech Republic - Prague
>Austria - Salzburg
>Italy - Venice, Firenze, Rome
And spend, say, 2 days in each.

That's just a rough guideline - you can alter the locations and timings if you want. Maybe you want to visit a country/city more than others. But here's the thing - these are all fantastic places to go and it should be split up into several different trips, for example, a Mediterranean trip, Central European Trip, Eastern European/Balkan trip etc. otherwise you end up rushing to get from city to city in order to stick to schedule and not fall behind, and then you miss out on the city and don't really get to enjoy them properly.
>>
>>1216685
>>1216969
Also - keep in mind that travelling, especially airports, eat up a lot of time when travelling, so you'll want to set a few days' worth of time to accommodate for this. Think of the time you have to spend getting to the airport, checking in, going through security, waiting for your flight, getting off at the airport, getting your bags etc. and then do this x10. If you can, look into overnight trains or overnight busses - potentially cheaper, you don't lose out on time due to travel (time you spend sleeping you can spend travelling), and not to mention if you pick overnight train then you can chill with your friends, drink beers, play cards, see cool sights along the way etc. and you get some rest as well. Look into locations where you travel; if you pick a sensible route that's sequential and close to each other, you can plan your travel well and maximise your time. Amsterdam and Prague offer an overnight train that goes through Germany, so there's something to think about.

Hope this helps anon, best of luck with your trip.
>>
skip Dusseldorf, Dortmund, and make sure you hit Salzburg
>>
>>1216601
Don't listen to the neysayers England has plenty of great stuff to see but it's all in the countryside so get a rental car.
>>
You'll likely waste at least a couple of hours in every airport you go so if you're planning in doing everything flying, you'll spend more time in airports than seeing the city.
Also, cheaper airports tend to be far away so you'll have to allocate even more time to go to and from the airport which means you'll have even less time to see the cities.
With your planned schedule of 32 cities in 30 days, you'd pretty much wasting your time just hopping around cities without doing anything in them.
More reasonable would be to allocate 2 or 3 days for each city, depending on the time of the day you arrive and have to leave.
Moving around IS tiring so don't expect you'll be with full energy after hopping through 5 cities in 5 days. You won't.
>>
yeah this does not make any fucking sense. calm down, stay in a region, take your time to experience it. it's a lot better to slow things down, and come back for the rest later. believe me I’ve tried to cram a lot into a tight time frame and it's no fun.
>>
one thing about going in say October is that could probably go pretty much wherever you want to and still easily find a place to stay. so why not plan you trip when you are here? rent a car and go wherever you want.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.