[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Facebook worth it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: dicks.png (1KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
dicks.png
1KB, 225x225px
Am I at a disadvantage as a traveler by not having Facebook?

>Do you use facebook?
>Does it make travel/meeting people easier?

It seems like facebook in general is the nexus for connection services these days. Tinder requires a facebook, and you see it across many services like couch surfers.
It seems like a potentially useful tool for making a network of people with similar interests who you can travel with.

Yet its hard for me to get passed how much of a burden it is to maintain a public image. Especially when its through a service that I feel like I have to force myself to use.
>>
>>1216187
Just have one as a way to keep in touch with people you meet on your journeys. You don't have to update it, nobody cares if you don't post every day or change your profile at all. You can literally just ignore it after making it.
>>
>>1216187
I've just used whatsapp. Been fine without FB. After all, you only need to latch on to someone with FB and you're in the clear anyho'.
>>
>>1216187
I personally think it makes a huge difference. I'm in Melbourne now and literally every single person I became friends with here I met on facebook or through people I met on facebook.

There are meetup groups and traveler groups on facebook that make it really easy to find other travelers in the area. Pretty much every event has a page created for it so you can click that you're going to a particular event and ask if anyone wants to join you or if you can join them. It's actually a great tool when it comes to finding things to do and people to do those things with.

As for how much you have to use it, you really don't have to do much. When I travel I update it quite often with new photos but when I'm at home sometimes I don't post at all for a month or two.
>>
It's like having an online ID card.
Scrubbed it clean of all my non-normie shit ages ago. It's purely to register for services, keep an image current. Announce "milestones" and birthdays.

I mean you have to be aware that the only reason anyone is going through a Facebook/instagram is to find something damaging about you. It's like preliminary gattacca.
>>
>>1216187
Only reasons for me to have one were
>keeping track of events
>only way for me to contact certain people
>very occasionally keeping track of birthdays

That said, mine was recently deleted for reasons, and other than the events, it hasn't bothered me - there's plenty of means to stay in touch with people easily.
>>
You can still keep in contact with people without having an account. You can deactivate your account and still access the messenger app either through the phone or the messenger website.

Don't know how to add people as friends though, dont think you can.
>>
>>1216294
This. I don't have instagram, twitter, snapchat, etc. But I do have Fb because it's the bare minimum. I had it deactivated when I first started traveling and honestly, whoever wants to keep in touch, will (ie I had a chick that would email me every night to make plans). But in the end, it's easier to have everyone on one platform where you can just search them up when you're headed there.

It's also nice to see how they're doing from time to time.
>>
Okay I just installed facebook.
So far I've friended no one and done no personalization to my account.

In a few months ill be taking a big trip, and I might be taking it solo. What can I start doing with Facebook to anticipate this?
>>
>>1217938
Post some photos add some friends.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.