[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Native Canada Tour

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 6

File: canadian totem.jpg (1MB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
canadian totem.jpg
1MB, 800x1200px
I want to make a tour in Canada with a theme of its native populations, what are some goods spots to look into?
>>
File: reserve.gif (161KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
reserve.gif
161KB, 620x349px
where are you from?

you probably don't
while there's some nice art work and cultural preservation, there's a lot more poverty

this is a good list though
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:First_Nations_museums_in_Canada

in general the places with later white settlement have more stuff
>>
>>1216152
i'm from Europe, and I've been asked to organize a tour with that theme
>>
File: xbox ix hueg.jpg (37KB, 400x282px) Image search: [Google]
xbox ix hueg.jpg
37KB, 400x282px
>>1216164
Canadia is hueg. What part are you looking at?
>>
File: IMG_0425.jpg (352KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0425.jpg
352KB, 2048x1536px
>>1216144
I wanted to go to Unistoten camp, but work interfered with that. Half way up BC and in the middle of nowhere, it's been around for a while and looks like it'll be the next Standing Rock. A branch of the local Indian tribe is living off the land and set up checkpoints along the bridge to stop a planned pipeline, they've even run off helicopters and they're probably armed but not likely to use guns unless you hit and run. Contact the Unistoten Solidarity Brigade or the camps facebook page, but be willing to volunteer - they generally see visitors as undercover land surveyors.

Other than that I remember visiting Stanley Park in Vancouver, it's cool for its volcanic pillar that sort of looks like a person, legend being he was turned to stone for loyalty and steadfastness. But it's not exactly cultural, it's got the city in the background and all totem poles are new.

If you're fucking crazy ride the Dempster Highway to Inuvik.
>>
File: ojib.jpg (38KB, 346x520px) Image search: [Google]
ojib.jpg
38KB, 346x520px
>>1216164
could really say more, like the composition of the group, time frame and budget

don't really know eastern canada, but the natives there aren't even very native, pic related is a hereditary cheif

royal museums of bc, alberta and saskatchewan and ubc museum of anthropology in vancouver all have good collections of native stuff

there's a reserve with a museum in alert bay

the native university is in regina, should have a art exhibit, might be a good way to see multiple cultures at once

haida gwai/queen charlottes has some of the best perserved native societies

osoyoos might be the most functioning tribe, they have a resort on band land that caters to outsiders

in southern alberta there's head smashed in buffalo jump, it's a site where natives would herd a stampede of buffalo over a cliff to kill them easily

there's inuit in the far north, but you would need a big budget to go there

i'd ether head west from regina or east from victoria/vancouver

the way the american reserve system works means they're more tourist friendly
>>
>>1216144
>I want to make a tour in Canada with a theme of its native populations, what are some goods spots to look into?
http://www.novascotia.com/explore/road-trips/aboriginal-road-trip
There ya go.
>>
>>1216255
forgot these links

https://www.aboriginalbc.com/
https://www.travelalberta.com/ca/things-to-do/cultural-heritage-arts/aboriginal/
>>
Most are drunks and drug abusers who blame what happened 3 generations ago on their current conditions. They're only after handouts. You will not be pleasantly welcomed into their reserves and shown their culture. Just go to a museum or two to get some info on their cultures. Otherwise avoid them...
>>
File: 1473483708140.jpg (56KB, 350x519px) Image search: [Google]
1473483708140.jpg
56KB, 350x519px
>>1216291
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.