[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Traveling to Kissimmee, Orlando.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: kissimmee_map1.jpg (21KB, 450x283px) Image search: [Google]
kissimmee_map1.jpg
21KB, 450x283px
Hello guys, I'm traveling to the US for first time in my life. I have never traveled abroad and this is a really nice opportunity to grow up as a person.

I was wondering if here was someone who had been in Kissimme, I would like to know more about that places and hear recommendations.

I will stay in a house in Marcello Boulevard with my classmates from college.
>>
You're going to Central Florida, so of course the theme parks are a must. You're an uber ride away from a bunch of bars and clubs in downtown Orlando. Orlando Science Center is a great place to check out too, if you're into museums. I think (although I could be mistaken) you're about 40 minutes from the space coast, which is home to Kennedy Space Center. That's always a great daytrip.
>>
>>1215847
Yeah!! We are going to the space center! A couple of theme parks and we are visiting Valencia College (after all it's a scholar trip). What do you think are the best places for shopping? Any recommendation about it?
>>
>>1215856
There is an outlet mall where you can get good name brand stuff at prices lower than retail. Of course, there are also malls if you want to pay full retail as well.
>>
File: saturn 5.jpg (328KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
saturn 5.jpg
328KB, 720x480px
>>1215856
>Yeah!! We are going to the space center!

Definitely do that.
>>
>>1215878
Awesome!!!

And tell me something.... Does it worth it to go to the flea market? I am curious about visiting that place since here in Costa Rica, a place like that doesn't exist.
>>
>>1215965
It depends on what you want from it, if you want a place where you can buy a lot of junk-quality goods for pennies on the dollar look no further
>>
>>1216147
Is the food expensive? What do you recommend for eating (let's say something popular there).
>>
>>1215823
Costa Rican dude, you simply need to go with the flow with your buddies. You need a car to sightsee in and Orlando, which has terrible traffic. It is a big city and even bigger suburban area that has over and hour or two to cross through it during rush hour, especially near the theme parks. It has excellent restaurants in every neighborhood, of all nationalities. It is a tourist town, primarily, where there are all the big chain restuarants of the world, all the food trends, whether craft beers, hipster bars, live music, you name it.
What I would do: theme parks that you wish to do. This is expensive, so you might make a choice on just one or two days, and max out your time with sneakers and seriousness. I would look for a concert that intersts you, from House of Blues events to downtown. And, add some dining to the evening, or post show clubbing.
A day trip to cocoa beach can have you do NASA stuff, the waves. You have gorgeous rafting in the CR, but there are cold fresh springs popular with Floridians for tubing down lazily, and you crazy college kids can sip your beer and snacks as you go.
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/travel/springs/os-closest-springs-orlando-photogallery.html
>>
>>1216346
Different guy, but never buy food from a flea market.
When you go there, youll know why.
Like the other anon said the flea market is great for buying stupid crap or antiques. You can get cheap knives or 100 lighters for $10, just dont eat the food. And if the flea market is the pinnacle of your consumerism, its pretty meh.
Space center is neat, definitely check out the various aquariums, especially SeaWorld (duh), if thats your thing.
Tons of great water parks, thrill ride parks like Universal and Adventure islands, Busch Gardens.
Make sure to get your residency cleared ASAP, Floridians get YEAR LONG theme park tickets for the price of a single day ticket, a local perk.
Even when admission is free, food and drink is expensive as fuck, but the rides are free too.
I grew up in Oviedo, a few minutes from Kissimme, in Seminole County.
Kissimme, like Oviedo isnt anything special unless youre from Africa or something.
The UCF (university of Florida) area has lots of great bars and restaurants.
You can use Uber to get anywhere, its popular around this area for college kids.

So basically get wasted, go see some titties, and eat some good food.

t. raised 5 minutes from UCF campus on Alafaya and lived there for 15 years

also the strip clubs in Daytona let you feel dem titties and theyll HJ you for a little extra.
you can fuck them too for a bit more but lets be serious
>>
>>1216379
Also, i dunno how old you are OP, but downtown Orlando has some good bars and clubs too. Tons of places for younger places, wasted a lot of time there.
Great area for shows too, if one of your favorite bands is touring the US right now, VERY likely chance theyll be in Orlando at some point.
Also go to a beach (Cocoa was my fav) and if theres more than 1 foot waves, rent a surfboard and just chill.
If youre old enough, of course, get some fruity drinks.
God, reminiscing on FL is almost making me want to go back. But i dont, because i love working outside and i fucking hate the humidity and 9 months of 90 degree shittery.
In AL now, its not much cooler temp-wise but god damn, i can literally ride my four wheeler out of my garage and rip up muddy ponds and no one gives a fuck.
Im too old to party so i have no interest in the Orlando area now.
I just want to fish and drink and die in relatively decent weather.
>>
>>1216362
Wow those places are just beautiful. I don't think we're renting a car but we will have a bus and a driver that is going to take us to some different places. Uber it's a good option I think because when we have some free time from schedule I could go to explore with my friends and not the entire group. Thanks for the information, we are visiting la Nasa and I will try to go to Cocoa beach!

>>1216379
We'll stay in a house and I've been told that we will have a cook, so about the food it's more like for going out to visit a place and try something new.
Seaworld!!! We are going there! Actually we are visiting 3 or four different parks (or 3 + Nasa). We'll stay for 9 days so I guess it's enough time to go to several places... The thing is that we have to visit Valencia College and also we have to do some comunitary work at "give the kids the world" because it is a scholar trip, but after all I think we'll go to a lot of different places.
I am 24 years old and all my classmates are old enough for drinking alcohol (well, in my country one can do it being 18). I've never been to a strip club before, but well I will see what happens.

>>1216381
Here in Costa Rica we have some beautiful beaches and they're pretty close from everything. For that reason I'm not sure if our professors are taking us there (remember it's a scholar trip), but I will remember your recommendation in the case we had the chance to go.

Thanks to all of you! However, is it true that it is not a good idea drinking water from faucet?
>>
>>1216523
Tap water in Florida is safe to drink but might taste gross from all the minerals. Limestone aquifers and such.
>>
>>1216546
Thanks. I asked that because some americans, when come to my country prefer buying bottles of water than drinking it from faucet and some of then can't believe it's totally clean.

Thanks to all of you
>>
>>1216811
Please be aware that the water in the Orlando specifically causes 'euphoria' as there is quite the large and growing homosexual population there.

You will notice how obvious it is once you see how many rainbow colored flags that are hung around the city.
>>
>>1217056
Haha well, if there are many homosexual men it means that they are not gonna be interesting in my classmates girls, which is good since we are sharing house and perhaps rooms.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.