[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thessaloniki and shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: Thessalonikiii.png (307KB, 537x357px) Image search: [Google]
Thessalonikiii.png
307KB, 537x357px
Alright so I am on business trip to Greece but flights are such that I will get 4-5 full days in town.

What do?

>inb4 white tower

Anything else? Maybe cool day trips?

I heard that the town has a cool food scene, awesome gyros and kebabs and stuff.
>>
Day trip to Meteora, it's a beautiful place.
>>
>>1215772
Me again, I'm just gonna elaborate a bit.

If you are going there anytime soon then I suppose it's not gonna be suitable beach weather (Chalkidiki which is near Thessaloniki would have been great for that).

I'd suggest staying in the city and going out to different hangouts for food and drink at night. Nightlife is quite pleasant there and if you like kebab/gyros you are set. If you are into it you can score some less than legal stuff near the univeristy.

Again if you are looking to make a day trip I wholeheartedly suggest going to Meteora which is relatively close. This is the site through which I arranged my own visit:
www.visitmeteora.travel/en/

Most other famous sites of Greece (that I'm aware of) are located in the south or even worse on islands.
>>
>>1215772
>>1215776
Are you Greek by any chance?
>>
>>1215783

Half Greek, but I've mostly lived around Athens and the south, so Thessaloniki is not my specialty.
>>
>>1215788
Is it easy/worthwhile to go on a day trip to Bulgaria?
Have you done it before?
>>
>>1215808

Never been to Bulgaria myself, but it's very easy to go there, given you are from the EU or a country where visa is not an issue.

By car it's less than two hours from Thessaloniki to the border, and I think a day trip as far as Sofia is possible. I have no idea what sights and places to be there are once you get there though.

In general it's easier and less expensive (due to toll roads) to go to Bulgaria than it is to drive to Athens from Thessaloniki. People living near the border even cross over to refuel their cars since gasoline is much cheaper there.
>>
File: IMG_0162.jpg (37KB, 600x327px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0162.jpg
37KB, 600x327px
>>1215754
I wanted to go there to see Mount ATHIS. Found a tour company that said they could take me there for 3 days for a few hundred £, so I'm waiting for my chance. The only way in is by boat and women aren't allowed.

Look into it, OP! Let us know how it goes if you do, or even take photos of the border, it's its own country.
>>
>>1215845
Mt Athos, not used to having automatic autocorrect on an iPhone, this is garbage
>>
>>1215845

Have you come to contact with the proper authorities within Athos?

I'm sure you can figure your way around; just that knowing how some people in the tourist industry operate, there is a chance that scammers may promise access to the mountain etc.
>>
>>1215850
The contact I had was from a facebook page of a tourist group. I've heard plenty of people have done it, I'd give it a shot. This was a while ago but it was one of the more popular agencies on google.
>>
Thessalonikios here,

Everywhere you go around the centre of town is pretty great, especially by the central squares. Oh and the old town with the walls and stuff.

There's shittons of old archaelogical stuff to visit all around in and out of Thessaloniki, especially Vergina of old Macedon.

Meteora can be pretty far (I think it's a 3 hour drive) but it's breathtaking.
>>
>>1216248
ρε μεγάλε πού να παω να φάω γυρο kαι kαλαμαkια?
>>
>>1216522
Πλατείες ή kεντριkά όπου kαι να πας kαλά είναι, μην kάνεις kαμιά μαλαkία kαι φας σε kανά kωλοστενό
>>
>>1216522
Oh and for tavernas (proper restoraunts for traditionally Greek food), Ladadika is the #1 choice.
>>
File: Ladadika_Area_A.jpg (145KB, 800x449px) Image search: [Google]
Ladadika_Area_A.jpg
145KB, 800x449px
>>1216953
forgot pic
>>
Spent 3 days there this summer, the nightlife is one of the best i have experienced. The gals are really pretty, lots of students. Lots of street art on apartment blocks, a very hip city i would say. If you have time, go to either Meteora or drive down to Mount Olympus.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.