[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I will be here for a week in the next month. Anyone have some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: Doha view_1.jpg (78KB, 550x326px) Image search: [Google]
Doha view_1.jpg
78KB, 550x326px
I will be here for a week in the next month. Anyone have some experiences? What to see and what to expect?
What about alcohol? I know they're quite strict when it comes to that, but what is the easiest way to obtain it? Thank you.
>>
>>1215742
It's been almost a decade and half since I have been to Qatar, but I have been in other GCC countries since.

As far as alcohol, the Duty Free is the easiest way to obtain it.Especially for as short of a time you will be there
>>
>>1215742
There are a ton of gays there. Incredible really given the region
>>
You can get alcohol in hotel bars. There isn't that much to see other than what you can read on wikitravel. Like the museum of islamic art.
>>
>>1215742
>What about alcohol?
Many hotels have licenses to run a bar.
>>
File: Dune-bashing-1-1024x684.jpg (113KB, 1024x684px) Image search: [Google]
Dune-bashing-1-1024x684.jpg
113KB, 1024x684px
>>1215742
If you have not been in that part of the world before, go dune bashing.

If you are at all prone to motion sickness, take your Bonine in advance.
>>
>>1215872
I am >>1215744 I did this while in Qatar, dune bashed then had a little picnic/cookout on a beach in the Gulf and such. Swimming in 90 degrees in December.

>>1215854
>>1215870
I didn't mention the hotel bars, though I reckon they do qualify as easiest, are also the most expensive. One great drink to try is a bullfrog/bluefrog. Often you can get it by the pitcher for a special price on certain nights. It's filled with alcohol so will fuck you up quick:
This video says it from Serbia, but it was actually invented in Dubai and is popular in all GCC bars

BLUE FROG COCKTAIL
1/2 oz. (15ml) Vodka
1/2 oz. (15ml) Rum
1/2 oz. (15ml) Gin
1/2 oz. (15ml) Tequila
1/2 oz. (15ml) Triple Sec
1/2 oz. (15ml) Blue Curacao
Top with Red Bull

Some recipes/bars drop the triple sec, which is kind of overkill with blue curacao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpVzFBrIufk
>>
File: brunei.gif (365B, 16x11px) Image search: [Google]
brunei.gif
365B, 16x11px
why do people always need to drink wherever they go? Can't you go a week without the need for mind-altering substances?
>>
>>1215919
Well, a week is about my limit.
>>
>>1215742
I would be interested I working there as a European. How real is that.
>>
OP here, thanks for the replies!
I'm a beer enthusiast, I'm not drinking because of mind-altering effect. Guess I'll have to try to hold out a week without it.
>>
>>1215989
>have to hold out for a week...

Did you read the thread?
>>
>>1215742
modern day slavery, backwards views on the world and women and strict islamic code...whats not to like?
>>
File: Extra_Edge_Sharpener.jpg (45KB, 448x242px) Image search: [Google]
Extra_Edge_Sharpener.jpg
45KB, 448x242px
>>1216862
>>
>>1216862
>strict islamic code
Wow, where did you get your PHD in Islamic studies? I can tell you've been to Gulf many times
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.