[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wnats the must dos' in New York?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: 1415301612475.jpg (284KB, 683x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1415301612475.jpg
284KB, 683x1024px
M'lady &I are going to be in New York for our 4 year anniversary. Ive never been so i dont have any idea what to do there. Whats a good fancy italian restaurant I can take her to? Where are some romantic spots? Who /NY/ here??
>>
Why don't you go to Italy if you want italian food?
>>
Lots of cool museums in NYC, look into one about a topic you and your gf are into. Italian food in Brooklyn is world famous, and the bridge is beautiful to walk across.
>>
>>1215623
dont have a passport.
>>
>>1215627
anything that catches the eye and isnt too pricey. know of any that a must go to?
>>
Jazz clubs.
>>
>>1215642
I personally hate the Met, but others seem to like it, and admission is pay what you want (don't be jew tho, give them at least a couple of bucks).
The Frick Collection is snobby as hell, but beautiful.
I love the Intrepid, but it's not really near anything too cool.
Been meaning to check out the Museum of Organized Crime, but have never been.

Go through https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g60763-Activities-c49-New_York_City_New_York.html with your gf, see what you two like.
>>
>>1215667
Grew up on the Upper East Side, well, spent a lot of time there anyways since my Grandparents lived there. Loved the Met, Washington Crossing the Delaware is so fucking GOAT

Frick Collection agreed on 100%, very beautiful but they've got a stick shoved way up their ass.

Intrepid is cool but overpriced.

Moma is a meme. There's a few pieces in there that are must sees but most of it looks like shit my third grade students do.
>>
>>1215618
Sorry double posting here but as for romantic spots try Central Park. Absolutely gorgeous to walk through. Get her lunch at the Boathouse Cafe, it's pretty, it's not that expensive, and it's good af.

You can also take her to the top of the Empire State Building. It's hella expensive but it's a once in a lifetime experience.

Most Italian food in the city is good, just stay away from Little Italy. Overpriced and aggressive restaurants.
>>
>>1215679
No problem brotha, I appreciate the input !
>>
>>1215655
What's a good one ?
>>
Sup OP, NYC resident here. Some of my favorite things:
-Bar65 is on top of 30 Rockefeller. Rather than pay $30 to go up the empire state, just go to this bar, buy a $12 beer, and take in a really amazing view. Try to show up at 5pm when it opens, and don't dress too schlubby.
-Take the staten island ferry. It's free, gives you a great view of the statue of liberty, and you can bring and drink beer.
- Levain cookies are as good as the hype, if your gf is into sweets.
- Best fancy itailian i've been to was Sfoglia in the upper east side. I haven't done a ton of fine italian dining though.
-NYC has really excellent Ramen, I recommend.
>>
>>1216204
Thanks!
>>
bring her to olio e piu in greenwich village. a bit pricey but fancy and excellent
>>
>>1215618
Gotham bar and grill in manhattan is Michelin starred and delicious, they do set price lunches. Cocktails are as good as the food.

Staten island ferry is free sure, but I found the Ellis Island immigration museum to be one of the most interesting museums I visited in 6 months of travelling the us and entry is included on a trip to the statue of liberty.
>>
>>1216422
Make sure to buy the tickets at the museum. Ignore the touts.
>>
>>1215774
Smalls jazz in Greenwich Village
>>
>>1215774
The blue note
>>
>>1215618
>restaurant questions
Might want to ask over in /ck, anon.

I do have some ideas:
Would she enjoy doing a Mario Batali restaurant? Gives you guys something you know about beforehand.
http://www.mariobatali.com/restaurants/
Or the Mario + Lidia Bastianich, plus masterchef sons' joint venture Del Posto.
http://delposto.com/
It goes without saying that you need to make reservations for good things in NYC.
>>
>>1215679
if your looking for views do rochefeller center instead of empire state building, rent a citi bike and have a day of dodging traffic.
>>
>>1216204
ippudo for ramen, i know its over hyped but it is still amazing, if you want cheap drinks which is hard to come by in central mah i would recommend kang suh for happy hour, beers for 3 dollars
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.