[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thinking of moving to London.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: londonA6.jpg (777KB, 2500x1406px) Image search: [Google]
londonA6.jpg
777KB, 2500x1406px
Would appreciate any thoughts or advice because I'm moving from a country which is smaller than only London.
>>
>>1215568

Expect it to cost a fuckload, even in the outer London areas.

If you're expecting to live in Greater London, I hope you have £400k
>>
Not that much. It's just that there's nobody to work with in my home country. Everybody I knew already moved wherever.
>>
>>1215568
not really sure why you would want to t bh

its not particularly inspiring or romantic or evocative. out of all of the supposed top tier cities its probably the least interesting.

t. i live there
>>
>>1215568
why would you wat to live in london?

i constantly read that london has so much to do. let me tell you,, 90% of that is bars/pubs which are all the same, 5% are art gallerys featuring contemporary art which is largely shit, 3% is museums and historical monuments which arent that interesting the first time and certainly not interesting the second time, 1% is those "influential, worth seeing points of interest" such as south bank, the borough market, the london eye-frankly boring endeavours you might enjoy if your chinese and enjoy taking selfies, and the last 1% is goivng o london "clubs" -ie, pay extortionate prices to listen to 90's garage/modern trash in over crowded dingy pits where the music is likely to give you tinnitus in a few years time.
Oh, and dont forget, pay 50%-70% of your salary/savings to inhabit a living space roughly 2x2m's with a landlord who doesnt give a toss about the damp, or the faulty front door lock.
And enjoy visiting all them culturally significant tescos, starbucks, prets, and waitroses - because i guarantee you, that is what you'll see for the bulk of your time there.

I am being particularly harsh here, but as someone who has lived and worked in london for 8 years, that was mostly my experience there. It is such an overated city. Every Friday night your swarmed by pissheads, and every other day of the wee, your packed into sardine can trains where nobody wants to know anything about you. Im not saying that they would want to, my point is the city is lifeless. And for the price you pay (one of the priciest places on the planet) so not worth it.
This is obviously a very subjective post and all my opinion. I'd also like to state i think london is a very ugly city. There is no place in public i can think of that i'd like to spend time at, nowhere to relax, and most nights everyone is pissed out their brains.
>>
>>1215568
Fuck off we're full
>>
Hey I'm going to give a more balanced response than the other people here. Most people I've met from other countries who have moved to London have loved it

There's art, culture, festivals, music, architecture and people from all over the world to meet and learn more about

The downside being that the city is hugely over subscribed with tourists, migrants and graduates flocking to the capital constantly. That means everything is expensive, the city is polluted and there's no real sense of community. Plus the weather is appalling but you knew that

Personally I think if you don't mind being a bit poor and living in a shoebox, you'll have a great time for a couple of years but personally I'm moving in search of cleaner air and a more chilled out vibe. I'll be here for Summer (Lovebox and Field Day BOI)

t. 25 year old Londoner born and raised moving to NZ
>>
Thanks for the responses. The funny thing is that even with all said. The place I live in Riga is even worse. There are just no peaple to work with = no friends and no work.

Not gonna stay in London for my whole life but London seems like a good place to start living unlike a shithole that nobody in the world even knows exists.

I didn't wanna go to London for the same reasons some you've told me but just the amount of people gives me more chances to actually do something.
>>
>>1215587
It's because you live there, just like I would say Stockholm is the shit hole of Europe because that's where I live. I personally LOVE London. I lived there a few months and it's totally worth it if one can afford it I tell you.
>>
I lived in London for 3 years. It was a good time overall - the first year especially was a lot of fun.
London can be an exciting city, I remember the buzz I would feel riding the tube on a Friday night to go out somewhere. That was honestly the best part sometimes.
I say go for it. Live cheap and have fun on the weekends. Wear the kind of clothes you've always wanted to - you can get away with it in London. Be open with people and make friends fast. Meet up as often as possible. Don't go for the fucking attractions and pubs, go for the friendships. Don't live in Hounslow.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.