[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trip to Germany

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8

File: Germany.png (2KB, 800x480px) Image search: [Google]
Germany.png
2KB, 800x480px
Please recommend some good places to visit in Germany.

- no time limit
- ~10k

How long do you think I can stay in Germany with ~10k? I don't mind cheap hotels, hostels,dormitory, etc.

Please don't recommend other countries. I don't care how beautiful other countries (e.g., Switzerland, France, Iceland) are.

Thanks!
>>
>>1215019
Depends on what you're interested in. Big cities have the night and city life in general, while smaller cities manged to preserve a more authentic experience of German culture.
>>
>>1215019
I recommend the Wilmersdorfer mosque in Berlin
>>
These are the big cities worth visiting
>Berlin
>München
>Dresden
>Leipzig
>Stuttgart
>Frankfurt
>Köln

Smaller cities worth noting are
>Görlitz
>Garmisch-Partenkirchen
>Potsdam
>Schwerin
>Würzburg
>Bamberg
>Kiel
>Passau
>Heidelberg und Freiburg

Of course there are many more cities worth visiting but those are some that I really enjoyed. There are also quite a few national parks worth visiting. One thing people don't really realize is that almost all cities were heavily bombed in the second world war so not many city centers are old and original. I know you said not to include other countries but Austria was somewhat spared from the destruction so you could look into that too.
>>
>>1215019
Düsseldorf, Köln Altstadt and rheinufer.
Berlin is great.
Borkum
>>
File: IMG_0546.jpg (29KB, 266x190px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0546.jpg
29KB, 266x190px
Quedlinburg!! 2 hours from Berlin. One of the oldest fully intact mid-evil cities !
>>
>>1215154
>Leipzig
>Frankfurt
>Kiel

Lmao those are trash. Kiel especially. Pretty much the ugliest shithole in the North.

Lübeck, Flensburg, heck even Rostock is better than Kiel. Smaller coastal towns worth visiting include Greifswald, Stralsund and Eckernförde.

Kiel is utter dogshit though.
>>
>>1215190
>mid-evil
https://www.autismspeaks.org/family-services/resource-guide
>>
>>1215190

>intact

That is, until """"refugees"""" move in
>>
>>1215193
>Kiel
I meant Lübeck. Dunno why I said Kiel. Must have switched them up in my head. I was thinking of the Hanseatic League and a map at the same time and Kiel popped up.

And Leipzig is quite nice. It's 90% original and wasn't bombed like Dresden was so it's worth seeing. Everyone has their own opinions about Frankfurt. Yes, it's an immigrant shit hole but it's not worth skipping over imo. It does have its sights to see.
>>
>>1215283
>And Leipzig is quite nice.

I agree actually. Meant to type Stuttgart instead Leipzig. Leipzig is fine.
>>
Thank you guys!
I'm interested in historical places and some places that are not well known to tourists but worth visiting.
>>
Why don't you take daytrips to surrounding countries when you're close to the border? There's so much to see in middle europe.
>>
I highly recommend going to cologne. Climb dom, if you have a student ID it's discounted. Eat at früh am dom. Then take the train to Bonn and see where gummy bears are made.
>>
>>1215402
Köln is quite ugly and lame. Aside from the dome there isn't much to give a damn about. It's 99% reconstruction and 70% Turkish and Arab.
>>
>>1215366
Try Weimar + Buchenwald concentration camp nearby.
>>
>>1215595
Cologne was my favorite city in Germany. Their beer is delicious (I recommend reisdorf) and they have great bars. There is a shots bar called "shorty shooter bar" that was amazing. They have museums that display Roman aqueducts, and once a year they have a festival rivaling Munich's Oktoberfest called carnival. It's not "lame"
>>
>>1215606
I would know. I'm from Köln
>>
Just avoid Nordrhein-Westfalen.
>>
"Please don't recommend other countries. I don't care how beautiful other countries (e.g., Switzerland, France, Iceland) are"

Just out of curiosity, can i ask why? 10k can last you a really long time if you live on the cheap, so i'm wondering why you don't want to explore other countries? Enjoy your trip either way, just intrigued!
>>
>>1215366
Münster is really beautiful in summer and has some very impressive cathedrals and an historical city center where you can visit the city hall where they signed the Westphalian treaties.
>>
>>1216119
That's not true. It's basically one street and the rest is super ugly 50ies architecture. Again, it's best to avoid NRW altogether.
>>
File: 14871101245320.jpg (10KB, 269x277px) Image search: [Google]
14871101245320.jpg
10KB, 269x277px
>Dresden

one of the few bigger cities without a shitload of sandniggers.
And ... the city is well known of museums, culture, castles etc etc.
>>
>>1215019
accommodation will be between 20-50 eur per night the cheapest. streetfood is like 3-7 euro. public transportation is a little difficult: if i take the trainn to frankfurt (40km from my home) i pay 12 euro. if i take the bus to cologne (250 km from my home) i pay about the same. now you can count how long 10 k will last
>>
>>1216337
>accomodation will be between 20-50 eur per night
I would say to just get a flatshare but it's literally impossible to find an available apartment because of the influx of southern Europeans and ficki-fickies pouring in. I remember I went to a casting for a 10m bedroom for 450€ in Berlin and about 50 people showed up for it. The line went down the stairwell and out the front of the building. Probably 10 were Germans though
>>
>>1216342
well, in berlin this might be true. but if you are german and the owners prefered a ficki-ficki or whatever, something must be wrong with you i guess. also the problem is that to many people move to berlin, because they think its cool. nice for the owners of the houses.. but however, i dont think op wants to rent an apartement if his stay is limited. by the way the owners want somebody who stays longer. i recommend any other city than berlin and munich. hamburg, cologne and frankfurt are cool imho
>>
File: werksbad.jpg (242KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
werksbad.jpg
242KB, 1200x800px
>>1215834
>>1216183
u mad?

Münster
Cologne
Duesseldorf
Aachen
Ruhr Area,: eg Essen, Dortmund
>>
>>1215019
>no time limit
Unless you have a EU passport, you will be limited to 3 months.
>>
>>1215019
>Please recommend some good places to visit in Germany.
Well, what are you interested in?
The cliches would be Nazis, (bavarian) traditional drinking and cars.

>How long do you think I can stay in Germany with ~10k?
I don't know about cheap hotels and hostels, but assuming you find accomodation at normal prices (i.e. 300-600€/month) and can cook some stuff yourself, you can easily live pretty good on 1000€ per month. So your visa will probably end it sooner than your wallet.

>Please don't recommend other countries.
Why? You can certainly spend months in Germany without getting bored, but depending on your interests, hopping over some borders might be worth it. E.g. if you are interested in (german) history, you might want to also check out some former german parts that are now in neighboring countries or if you are into nature or mountains you probably also should add Austria.

Some random things in Germany I would reccomend:

Stuttgart area. Daimler and Porsche have cool museums and you can also tour their plants. The city itself is nothing too special, but should you be in the area, definitely check it out, especially the Schloss in Ludwigsburg. And the sourroundings. The Schwäbische Alb makes for some nice hikes.

Rügen. Island in the baltic sea with nice chalk cliffs (albeit not as impressive as Dover). The national park next to it is also nice. Mecklenburg Vorpommern not so much though. Empty, flat land with only old people and Nazis.

Harz Mountains. Singular "high" mountain range in the middle of flat northern Germany. some interesting cold war history, some nice historic towns and bizzarre granite rocks in the Oker valley.

Bavarian (+Austria, maybe) alps. So many nice spots. But you have to go hiking.
>>
>>1215154

Don't bother with Cologne if you have a car there is no parking there. Also it's infested with muslims.
>>
>>1216186
But don't go there on mondays. That's when the Nazis come out.
>>
>>1215019
If you happen to come across northern germany, visit Bremen, I was there recently for half a day and it has a pretty nice inner city

Other than that, frankfurt is boring af, leipzig is okay, lived in both cities for about a year
>>
File: hamburgcanal245b15d.jpg (135KB, 608x480px) Image search: [Google]
hamburgcanal245b15d.jpg
135KB, 608x480px
>Ctrl+F "Hamburg"
>1 brief mention
wtf
This is the only city I've visited in Germany, but I had a great time there.
It's very beautiful, their modern buildings fit nicely with all the old ones made with red bricks alongside the canals.
It also has a lively nightlife, lots of concerts and cultural events. Alcohol is cheap and you can get a Club Mate with vodka in kiosks at almost any hours of the night.
Everyone was really nice, when people asked me something in the streets, I didn't have the time to utter "entschuldigung, ich sprachen kind Deutsch" before they switched to English. It's pretty safe, even though you should be careful around the Reeperbahn.
I wish I would be able to speak German and afford to rent a flat in St. Pauli or Sternschanze, it's exactly the kind of city I want to live in.

I've heard Bremen, which isn't very far from Hamburg, is also nice.
>>
>>1216852
>Harz Mountains.
also a must for train spotters
>>
Anyone have experience with the Berlin theatre?
>>
File: 1485681026626.jpg (49KB, 575x672px) Image search: [Google]
1485681026626.jpg
49KB, 575x672px
>>1215040

>mosque

Kill. Yourself.

Stop supporting the invasion of europe by savages.
>>
File: 1485023642313.jpg (2MB, 2048x1499px) Image search: [Google]
1485023642313.jpg
2MB, 2048x1499px
>>1215190
Looks like that place needs some islamic enrichment!!!
>>
>>1215154
>Bamberg
my nigga! This is the place to be
>>
Bavaria is a great place to visit some old cities and go hiking, if you're into that stuff. For example the nature around Oberammergau is very beautiful. If you want to visit cities, I would definitely recommend Munster, Cologne and Berlin.
The Islands in the North of germany are very beautiful, especially Sylt. You can go to the beach and have some night and city life at the same time, it is really worth a visit.
>>
>>1215019
Generally you can follow this advice:
Western Germany:
Bombed to the shitters. There are some monuments like the Cologne dome, which are great but except for one two things there isnt much to see that would make me go there.
Some smaller cities along the rivers are really nice but most arent big enough to be worth visiting. I heard people saying Münster is nice.
Northern Germany:
Hamburg is a must see of course. Avoid Bremen at all cost. Lübeck is nice. A few other cities but I would stay in Hamburg and plan a day trip to Lübeck and the coast.
Eastern Germany:
Communism. So the small cities were neglected and they concentrated on Dresden, Leipzig and Berlin. Berlin is a shithole for 50% of people and quite nice and lively for the other 50%. Go there with an open mind but dont be surprised if you dont like it. Potsdam also worth a day or two. Schwerin maybe.
Southern Germany:
Lots of smaller cities like Heidelberg, Freiburg, etc.
Also Stuttgart.
Bavaria:
Well, yeah. Wasnt bombed to shit and has kept a lot of its culture intact.
So you have Munich, Nuremberg, Bamberg, Würzburg, Passau (quite small but incredibly beautiful, so stop there if you travel through but I wouldnt spend the night), etc. all with their own flair, feeling, architecture, people and dialect. Pic related.

Just pick out the ones youre interested in after looking what they have to offer. And I would only roughly plan the trip and stay in the cities I like. Some like Berlin, some love Hamburg and want to stay a few days longer.

Nature:
Eastern Germany has mountains and several nice spots. Northern Germany has the coast. Southern Germany has the black forest. Western Germany is fairly packed and I dont know much about the region. Bavaria has the Franconian region, which has a lot of forests, hills and small streams. There is not a more beautiful place in the summer.
Southern Bavaria has the mountains and the Bavarian forest, if you like hiking.

Also go during summer.
>>
>>1218142
back to /pol/ child. the adults are talking about sites to see.
>>
>>1219974
He has a legitimate point.

Who goes to Germany for Islamic and foreign cultures? Who goes to London for Indian culture? Who goes to America for the Chinese buffetts? Who goes to Australia for Thai culture? Who goes the Netherlands for the shisha bars? It's okay when you have one or two of the foreign cultural locations but when you have so much foreign culture/religion that it starts to drown out the host country's culture it can fuck right off back to where it came from, especially when it's unwanted. If I want to see mosques I'll go to the Middle East, not fucking Germany.
>>
>>1216892
that's why you go monday you idiiot
>>
Holy shit dude, why not check out some neighboring countries?

Germany is cool, I stayed in the south for a couple weeks. Munich is a nice city and alot of little bavarian cities are cool too.

Garmisch partenkirchen was a nice place. I'd recommend going there and checking out the Zugspite.

Triberg was cool but also kind of boring.
>>
>>1219974
idiot
>>
>>1215019
Why the fuck would you want to go there. Guaranteed that you will get mugged (if you're lucky) by refugees/migrants. Below is the website for all crimes that they have committed just this year. https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1_rNT3k2ZXB-f9z-2nSFMIBQKXCs&ll=50.23315234926406%2C11.12930405873442&z=6
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.