[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NYC question thread #59573682345674

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1447472750188.jpg (599KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1447472750188.jpg
599KB, 1366x768px
I have a few questions about a couple day trip I'm taking to NYC as part of a round-country adventure.

>If I only pay a couple bucks to get in to the Met and Nat History museums will I be looked at as a shit-bag by ticket counter workers?

>My train gets into Penn at around 2am, what is there to do between 2-6am? I was probably just gonna walk around midtown and time square since it will probably be less crowded but still walked as such as to make it relatively safe. Not to interested in bars but if it's my only option, I do like Jazz and blues.

>What are some cool neighborhoods to check out and bike in and around Brooklyn? I'm pretty interested in architecture and like brown stone rowhouses.

>What are some decent places I can get a bite for cheap, mainly mexican and italian places. I'm on a serious budget so nothing fancy.

>What are some good bookstores and other little shops to take a look at while I'm there?
>>
The Met and Natural History museum are more than a few bucks. This is New York not DC Nothing much going on in Midtown at those hours except stare at the homeless. It's not as sketchy as it once was but still watch yourself.
Bed-Stuy and Bushwick for brownstones. Borough Park for a shetel like Jewish neighborhood. Go to Yelp for cheap eats.
Bookstores:Rizzouli,Kinokuniya,Barnes & Noble.
Record stores:Rock & Soul
>>
>>1214972

>If I only pay a couple bucks to get in to the Met and Nat History museums will I be looked at as a shit-bag by ticket counter workers?

Who cares? It's not like they'll follow you around. You'll never see them again most likely so pay whatever you want. Ignore >>1215119 since you can pay $1 at both places and enjoy the museum as if you paid $20. In fact, that poster is a moron so ignore everything he said.

>My train gets into Penn at around 2am, what is there to do between 2-6am? I was probably just gonna walk around midtown and time square since it will probably be less crowded but still walked as such as to make it relatively safe. Not to interested in bars but if it's my only option, I do like Jazz and blues.

That's probably the only time I would recommend Times Square. Enjoy the bright lights without all the shitty tourists and people hustling the streets. Take a walk all the way west and walk along the water. Make your way downtown and look out for a diner. They're open 24/7 and are pretty standard across the board. Grab yourself some pancakes, eggs, and bacon.

>What are some cool neighborhoods to check out and bike in and around Brooklyn? I'm pretty interested in architecture and like brown stone rowhouses.

To be honest, I'm not well versed on BK. Grew up in Manhattan and never really made it down there. However, biking along the bridge into BK is a nice way to start and you can grab some good pizza underneath the bridge.
>>
>>1214972
>What are some decent places I can get a bite for cheap, mainly mexican and italian places. I'm on a serious budget so nothing fancy.

I'd recommend keeping an eye out for taco trucks. They're a lot more prevalent in Queens and BK. Give Halal Guys a shot since it's a NYC staple and costs $5 for plenty of food, although prices may have gone up slightly. I always recommend Kati Roll Company since it's great as a snack or a meal. Basically an Indian burrito for about $5.

>What are some good bookstores and other little shops to take a look at while I'm there?

Definitely check out Strand. Enormous selection and just fun to walk around. Kinokuniya is fun if you're into Japanese culture. I would talk a walk down St. Marks place. It definitely not the same place it used to be, but there are a few little neat shops to browse. Lower East Side in general has a lot of cool shops so give that area a walk around.
>>
>>1215137
Yeah there are plenty of authentic Mexican places in Brooklyn and Queens, but also Manhattan for that matter.

Los Tacos 1 and Los Mariscos 1 in the Chelsea Market are critically accaimed. I've been to the latter and it was amazing.
>>
>>1215598
Awesome. Always looking for good Mexican food. I'll add those places to the list
>>
>>1215644
Yeah man, the fish tacos I had at Los Mariscos 1 were fucking amazing.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.