[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Balkans Advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: Balkans_Map1.jpg (141KB, 690x476px) Image search: [Google]
Balkans_Map1.jpg
141KB, 690x476px
Hey /trv/!
I'm flying to Sofia next Tuesday and will travel around the Balkans for ~3 weeks. So far I only know I want to visit Dubrovnik at some point and maybe end the trip in Slovenia.
Do you have any advice on other places that are a must-see or boring cities I should avoid?
I'd like to visit some smaller more "authentic" towns, too (as long as they're easily accessible by bus). Will it be hard to get by with English there?
Do you have any recommendations for beaches and beautiful lakes (Lake Bled is nice, right?)? I really like swimming and I don't care if the water's a little cold.

Thanks in advance, guys!
>>
Dubrovnik is definitely a must-see imo. Hike to the top of mount Srd at sunset for an unforgettable view. And always use tripadvisor before eating at a restaurant, this way you will not get scammed. I Really enjoyed lake Ohrid (Macedonia), Skopje was not really worth it. Try to avoid Pristina!
>>
Bosnia you should also visit.
The forests above Sarajevo are breathtaking, like going up to Bjelasnica for some burek and kefir, looking at the nature, so good.

The water in Bosnia is so clean, makes you speechless.

Like even under the bridge in Mostar you can see the bottom of the river clearly. People are nice, it's also a good irl reminder of how wars fuck up everything and anything (talking about architecture in Sarajevo, too). It was also interesting to be in a country with a lot of Muslims that is not Muslim in its organization or rules at all.
>>
>>1214892

Bulgaria:
Sofia and Plovdiv are a must.
Veliko Tarnovo would be very, very nice.
Varna is alright for beaches, but not really the season (starts May).

You can keep it central by visiting Strelcha or Velingrad - spa towns for locals.

If you plan on moving down to Greece/Macedonia, I'd recommend the following:

Rila Monastery is definitely a sight to behold, visit Gotse Delchev.
It doesn't get any more authentic than that lol. There is a nearby Delchevo which is actually a nice underrated hill village.

Sandanski and Bansko are also down south, you can catch some skiing.

Wildcard: Ruse
>>
>>1214892

You should definitely go to Belgrade. One of the best capitals in the region, if not the best.

Sarajevo is also very interesting and as the other Anon mentioned, Bosnia has stunning nature.

Don't visit Podgorica or Pristina, as they both are boring with absolutely nothing to do. Montenegro has great coastline however.

Skopje is also worth checking out for two days, and Ohrid is supposed to be beautiful. Plus it's possible to swim there.
>>
The absolute musts are

What another anon already said about Bosnia

Serbia mainly Belgrade and Novi Sad

Kosovo is meh

Albanian coast is nice ..Croatian is better though

Slovenian are absolute cunts. Legit cunts. Not even Lake bled is worth how big of a cunt an average Slovenian is.

Oh and ohrid in Macedonia is nice too.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.