[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ask a northern france guy anything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 11

File: F.-Canon-OT-Reims-021.jpg (122KB, 729x550px) Image search: [Google]
F.-Canon-OT-Reims-021.jpg
122KB, 729x550px
Ask a northern france guy anything
>>
>>1214880
Why are most Nothern French towns so ugly. I'm talking about Picardie, Nord-Pas-de-Calais, Champagne, etc. Only the churches and palaces are nice
>>
>>1214888
Because it's flat, it also have to do with the fact that northern France is """poor""" because it's a worker/farmer region. (Northern France feed Paris)
>>
>>1214888
Because lots of them were destroyed during WWII.
Most cities have a gorgeous old town.
>>
Why are your people so much weaker then they use to be?
>>
>>1214880
At what age did you marry your cousin?
>>
>>1214880
It's Hauts-de-France now Anon
>>
>>1215036
Fleming here. Can you explain this meme?
>>
how to approach parisian salopes?
>>
>>1215564
Stereotype in France says that people from the North region are all inbred.

Don't know why though.
>>
>>1214880
Is your name ahmet or mohammad?
>>
Is it worth a visit? Or will I be scolded for being a non-french speaker?

Lille?
>>
>>1216043
Lille is a very nice city, most of the <45 will speak SOME English. The 2 most interesting Cities in the Hauts de France are Lille and Arras. Then depending on your hobbies there are many interesting places in the region. Now the big thing is the WWI centenary, brace yourself for Commonwealth citizens all over the place.
>>
>>1214880
How do you feel about people with really shit French trying to speak it? How do others around you feel about it?
>>
>>1216077
Shit French is better than no French at all.
With you speaking shit French and them speaking shit English, you'll manage to get the message across. I wouldn't worry too much about that
>>
>>1216043
>Is it worth a visit?

All French regions are worth a visit tbf, depends what you like
Do go to the North if you want interesting nature
>>
>>1214959

Those double quotation marks were really uncalled for
>>
Northern france is ugly..smelly people, social cases, girls are fat and ugly..they eat lot of cheese and french fries with belgian sauces.
>>
>>1215636
Medhi
>>
>>1214959
I disagree with that explanation. During the Industrial Revolution it was on the contrary the richest French area.

>>1214987
This commentary is more correct if you think of towns like Calais or Dunkerque.
>>
>>1215625
You mean guys from Corsica I think.
>>
File: 1462017138575.jpg (878KB, 2000x2845px) Image search: [Google]
1462017138575.jpg
878KB, 2000x2845px
>>1217003
You're right. That girl is an ugly pig.
>>
>>1217013
Sorry, I thought we were talking about France.

t. corsicanfag
>>
File: delahousse-barbe.jpg (67KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
delahousse-barbe.jpg
67KB, 600x337px
>>1217015
And that guy...
>>
Why is Lille the prettiest city in France. What do you think about it?
>>
File: lille.jpg (119KB, 970x450px) Image search: [Google]
lille.jpg
119KB, 970x450px
>>1217020
>>
>>1214888
this >>1214987
and it's a different aesthetic I like it personally
>>
>>1215036
it's legal to marry your consin in France though
>>
>>1215183
fuck this appellation
>>
>>1216043
>>1216047
you can go for the grande braderie, beginning of september that's a cool festival
>>
>>1216077
french speak shitty english so they wont be mad about you speaking shitty french as long as you try
>>
How dangerous is Roubaix? I'm probably going to visit the art gallery in the old swimming pool there, but I only hear bad, very bad things about the town.

And bonus question: do you know the films of Bruno Dumont, and do you think he gives a fair portrayal of northern France in them?
>>
>>1217069
>How dangerous is Roubaix?
from not dangerous to dangerous Roubaix is not dangerous

>do you know the films of Bruno Dumont
no

>the art gallery in the old swimming pool
great place
>>
>>1217069
I said not dangerous but think a bit, if you go out wearing anything but gold you're going to have some problems
>>
Op you only post a model woman picture and a photoshop of Lille..not a good reference
>>
File: 1471796308-1935598055-small-1.jpg (20KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1471796308-1935598055-small-1.jpg
20KB, 400x300px
Every corner in northern france
>>
>>1217365
REEEEEEE REMOVEZ LES KEBABS
>>
>>1217362
I'm not OP, I was born and have spent the first 21 years of my life in "The North".
Not all women are ugly but as in most regions where you need to wear a few layers of clothes 8 months+ a year, it's true there isn't the same body cult than in "Cote d'azur), or California or Australia. Lots of slightly overweight, pale girls, but most of them would instantly look 50% better if they worked out and got a tan.
So it's true I'm not overwhelmed with cuties when I visit family, especially considering I now live in a tropical Island with pretty sporty tanned short dressed women everywhere. But there are occasional beauties in north tho, tons of blue eyes and natural blondes up there. Last 2 miss France (and current Miss Universe) are from the region.
As for architecture many towns really have a gorgeous old town. Google images Centre ville D'Arras, Centre ville de Boulogne sur mer or Laon for instance. The region was prominent in the middle age and you have some wonderful architecture feats. But some regions do have even nicer architecture (think Loire Valley), that was also more preserved there. As I said in a previous post, France was more or less cut in 2 during WWII and the northern half underwent severe bombing and German/ally destruction.
>>
>>1217083

>>1217457 here
I'm not the guy you quoted either btw
>>
File: corsica-in-a-nutshell.jpg (61KB, 450x301px) Image search: [Google]
corsica-in-a-nutshell.jpg
61KB, 450x301px
I'm from the south-east, currently living near the Alps. I never went there yet, but I'm pretty sure I would enjoy Lille and the North more than the French Riviera. Lyon and Britanny > all, though.

>>1216077
I don't really care. We know French is hard to learn, and if you make a effort to speak it and can carry a basic conversation, I will be more impressed than anything else.
If you have too much trouble, I will gladly switch to English so I can practice it. Just take two minutes to learn how to say "bonjour/bonsoir/salut", "merci", "au revoir", "excuse(z) moi/pardon" and you are good.
And yeah, French people are notoriously shit at English and foreign languages, so don't feel bad.

>>1217013
No, they meant the North. When people talk about this meme, I think of Charleville-Mézières for some reason, even though I never went there once in my life.
The stereotype about Corsicans is that they are all chauvinistic terrorists / mafiosi, hiding a AK47 under their bed. Pic related.

>>1215009
With Brexit weakening the UK economy and Trump being retarded, I think it's a good time for us to restore our influence across the world
VIVE LA FRANCE ! VIVE LA RÉPUBLIQUE ! LIBERTÉ, ÉGALITÉ, FRATERNITÉ ! ET SUS A L'ÉTERNEL ANGLO !
>>
>>1214880
Do you speak "chti" usually?
>>
File: 1365136611299.jpg (91KB, 693x586px) Image search: [Google]
1365136611299.jpg
91KB, 693x586px
Bonjour, I'm currently planning on studying abroad in France for my fall semester (August to December ) of this year. I have two options: Lyon and Bordeaux. I really wanted to go to the south of France but I know Marseilles is no good and there are no programs offered at my university for Nice/Aix/Montpelier.

Could I get some advice? I really wish I didn't have to worry about feeling safe from immigrants/thugs but I know that where I'm from, Los Angeles, is probably just as or more dangerous. I want to make sure there is a lot to do in the city and that there are young people/hot girls.

Right now I'm leaning towards Bordeaux since it is a smaller city and seems more away from it all. I also think the weather is better? Really sucks that I'm going when it will get cold as fuck, I hate cold weather.
>>
>>1217740
>I really wish I didn't have to worry about feeling safe from immigrants/thugs but I know that where I'm from, Los Angeles, is probably just as or more dangerous.
Yeah, don't worry, I'm pretty sure Lyon and Bordeaux are safer than LA. The sketchiest parts of France are the poor suburbias of Paris like Saint-Denis or the Val-d'Oise and the northern parts of Marseille, maybe Nîmes.
Don't forget that we can't buy guns at Carrefour or Lidl there.
I've never visited Bordeaux, but in Lyon, there are some parts where there is more criminality than in others, like Vaulx-en-Velin, Vénissieux, Mermoz, Guilliotière, but even though I've drank a lot of beer cans with weird people at 2 A.M. on the banks of the Saône and Rhône, I've never got beat up or something. Just be careful as you would in L.A.
Bordeaux has the reputation of being kinda bourgeois (and right-wing), so I'm pretty sure it's even safer than Lyon.

>I want to make sure there is a lot to do in the city and that there are young people/hot girls.
I'm sure there is enough of that stuff both in Lyon and Bordeaux for you. Lyon is bigger so there might be more choices for you.

>I also think the weather is better?
It's on the Atlantic coast, so yeah, I'm pretty sure it's sunnier.

>I really wanted to go to the south of France
From where you will settled, you will be either near from the south-west or south-east. They are kinda different in terms of the mentality of the inhabitants (and I guess the south-west is better and less snobby), but yeah, if you go to Bordeaux, you will be able to go to Toulouse and near Spain easily, and in Lyon, you will able to go to the Mediterranean Sea after a few hours of train or car (and also Italy, Turin is a few hours away).

I would recommend you Lyon because I lived 3 years there and I miss it, I'm about to go to a party there actually, and it's bigger and more diverse, but I don't know, I've never lived in Bordeaux. Anyway, don't worry, you will be good either way.
>>
>>1214880
How bad is the refugee issue with all the fuckin moolie mooslems thinking you owe the a living? Do you hate your politicians as much as we think you should?
>>
>>1216043
The rule in France is to never start a conversation in English. Start in French or they'll basically hate you. This is doubly true when you're in an area close to the channel coast.
>>
>>1217917
Lol dumb dumb.
They're all gone now, split across the country you wont meet a single one. Neither did 99,9999% of the population.
>>
>>1214880
Ever stepped on a landmine>?
>>
>>1217917
French here, I've never ever seen any refugee. We didn't even take in that much, the problems we have today is the birthrate of the muslims already living in France since several generations and born here. The big cities were fucked before all this refugee crisis took form
I'm pretty fucking angry with the politicians and many of my fellow citizens, but also with foreigners who think France is suddenly as unsafe as travelling to Syria because they gorged on /pol/ memes
>>
>>1217925
This is true
We don't hate English speakers, but we hate when people assume we speak it and doesn't even bother trying to start in French
Obviously we wouldn't be one of the most visited country in the world if we told every English speakers to fuck off from the start, but many French people think it's normal courtesy to try and learn the basics of a language before you go there. Just know how to greet and thank, and to say you can't speak French and would like to switch to English if possible
Also we are legitimately shit at speaking English, if you speak someone in English and he doesn't answer chances are he didn't understand a word. I'm working in a huge ski ressort in the French Alps were I expected to find many of my French colleagues to speak English because they work in tourism and there are people from all over the world, turns out I'm one of the only ones who speaks a decent English
>>
File: IMG_20170227_005855.jpg (2MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170227_005855.jpg
2MB, 5312x2988px
Hi, I'm just passing by to say that Nantes is a very underrated city with quite a lot to do/visit and many places to chill.
People are nice and in the summer you can take a train to the beach (La Baule) for about 10€ and less then an hour.
So if you're willing to go to Western France you may want to stop there (as well as Bordeaux)

Feel free to ask if you have any questions
>>
>>1218508
What is there to do? Places to chill?
>>
File: Nantes_passage_pommeraye.jpg (3MB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Nantes_passage_pommeraye.jpg
3MB, 2000x1500px
>>1218628
I don't know what you like, but I'd recommend visiting Les machines de l'île, Anne de Bretagne Castle, Passage Pommeray (pic related) etc. But there is plenty more. Also go to concerts, art gallery, follow le voyage à Nantes etc.. Be more specific or look up on Google, you're gonna miss on cool stuff.

Parc de procé, le jardin des plantes, le miroir d'eau are what I was thinking about when talking about chill places
>>
>>1215572
Grab them by the pussy and whisper sweet nasheeds in their ears
>>
>>1214888
Lille is really really nice
>>
>>1217020
It really is
>>
>>1217069
Not dangerous at all in daytime. Maybe more during the night, depending on the neightborhood
You definitely won't get killed or beaten but there is still some chances of some retards trying to steal you shit
>>
>>1217365
Is this a gun ? Never saw any things like that and I live in northern france. Most kebabs are bro tier to be honest
>>
>>1217566
Pic is so fucking right. They literally shot every french sign
>>
>>1217740
>Marseille is no good
According to ?

Bordeaux and Lyon both seems to be really good cities for studying. Lyon is bigger so more shit to do but Bordeaux is smaller, with slightly better weather and the sea. Some goods spots south of it if you like surf
>>
>>1217917
I never saw a single refugee. Or maybe one or two at the train station, at least they were Middle East-looking guys and they didn't speak french but they could be on vacation. They seemed pretty ok people and I never felt threatened
The only shithole was Calais because that's where they thought they could reach UK
>>
>>1218508
Nantes is really underrated yes. I went here last year and it seemed a really comfy city with nice parks and shit
Would love to study here
>>
File: 20150826_144955.jpg (5MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20150826_144955.jpg
5MB, 3264x2448px
>>1218628
Pretty nice parks
And yeah "Les machines de l'île" is really nice
>>
>>1217917
The only time I saw refugees was in Paris around New Year's Eve, in the metro, begging between all the fast-moving people catching their transports.
The most criminal population is the kids of the post-colonial immigrants that live far from the city centers desu, or in Barbès maybe.
France isn't Germany, Hollande didn't say he wanted more immigrants, unlike Merkel, because her country has a way lower birth-rate.

>>1218628
If you like alternative music, check this : http://pullrouge.fr/
>>
>>1214880
What's your favorite railway station?
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.