[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

making cash while /trv/ing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

File: cash.jpg (23KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
cash.jpg
23KB, 450x300px
So, is there an actual way to make money out of travelling alone? I mean being on the move, not finding jobs in different countries. I'm actually considering some kind of youtube/kickstarter/blog/microfunding stuff and would very much appreciate if shared some actual experiences with. Is it even possible? How much attention does it need? What types of such activity bring best profits?
Many people used to really enjoy my writing style, so let's just assume I am able to gather interest and entertain people.

I need only enough money for food and a bath once or twice per week. No hostels, no public transport (I hitchhike), no bullshit.
>>
>>1213890
Smuggling drugs.
>>
>>1213890
Move heroin around SEA, I did it and one run paid $3000 AUD, which is basically 3 months of travel in SEA.
>>
>>1213891
>>1213893
no drugs/ no moving any stuff anywhere involved. I want to make money from telling people over the internet what I did, be it in blog or film or any other form
>>
>>1213890
there are too many blogs already. try microjobbing with your notebook. if you're good at writing stupid advertisement texts with 500 words, you can make 20$ an hour. Do it 5 hours per week and you have 400$/month to spend.
>>
>>1213899
um, wouldn't you mind pointing me some exact place I could apply for such a job? Also, does it matter I'm not American??
>>
>>1213900
where do you live? i know that they have an english and german site. i live in austria and it works for me.

To apply, you just have to send a certain text. You then get ranked (1-5). I'm on 3, wrote 12 texts for 22€. Short texts about desks, birds, celebrities,... I even wrote a text about language travel, brought me 3€. The site is called textbroker.com. Just ask me if you want to know anything about it.
>>
File: text.jpg (78KB, 884x407px) Image search: [Google]
text.jpg
78KB, 884x407px
>>
File: text2.jpg (146KB, 1083x537px) Image search: [Google]
text2.jpg
146KB, 1083x537px
>>
>>1213903
Neat, they do my native language too.
How long did it take to get your submission rated? How much work is there up for grabs? Any problems paying out your account balance?
>>
>>1213903
I live in Poland

man, I really don't want to flood you with questions, but after checking the site I have tons of them
first, do you wait for the assignments, or can you do it non-stop?
is there any catch hidden? stuff you were not infromed about?
how long does it actually take you to write such text? I know it's subjective and stuff, but still
how do they make payments and is it actually reliable?

also, thank you, you may be just making my life possible to go through
>>
>>1213910
O kurwa, konkurencja.

And yeah, thanks from me as well, Austrianbro.
>>
>>1213912
wydaje się, że strona jest wystarczająco duża, żebyśmy nie musieli obawiać się o siebie nawzajem. Jak znalazłeś rejestrację dla polaków?
>>1213903
one minute, why does it say they only hire US citizens now?
>>
>>1213914
nevermind, I got it all
>>
>>1213914
textbroker.pl
>>1213903
Oh yeah, and about personal data. Did you fill it all with legit information, or just bullshit? Any potential problems from doing the latter, for example with payments? I'd rather avoid having my address floating around in someone's private database if it isn't absolutely necessary.
>>
>>1213909
>How long did it take to get your submission rated?
I honestly can't remember, but it didn't take too long.

>How much work is there up for grabs?
A lot. Right now there are over 400 jobs for german 3 star writer.

>Any problems paying out your account balance?
No, worked perfect. They pay every friday.

>man, I really don't want to flood you with questions, but after checking the site I have tons of them
Just let it all out lol

>first, do you wait for the assignments, or can you do it non-stop?
Non stop. If you're good, you can join a group. They get constantly specific orders about a toppic you like. And you can get requested, then you can decide how much the customer has to pay.

>is there any catch hidden?
I didn't find one yet. It's a good business for textbroker and their customers. We writer don't get much money, but hey, better earn some money instead of lurking on 4chan.

>stuff you were not infromed about?
It's important to know that you sell your texts, you have no right to publish them and your name won't show up.

>how long does it actually take you to write such text?
Between 5 and 20 minutes. I had to do some research before I could write, for example the texts about canary birds and flagpoles (yes, I wrote a text about fucking flagpoles).

>how do they make payments and is it actually reliable?
I get the money to my bank account. It's reliable.

>thank you, you may be just making my life possible to go through
I hope so!

>Did you fill it all with legit information, or just bullshit?
Legit, I think it's necessary. But I didn't have any problems yet.

Do you want to know something else?
>>
>>1213926
oh, and you get feedback from textbroker and the customers and free writing lections from textbroker academy.
>>
>>1213927
Can you write in multiple languages?
Are the pay rates different for different languages?
>>
>>1213926
now, that seems cool.
so you tell me you did your research *and* wrote that stuff in 20 minutes? So how exactly does it work with the sources you're using? Do they provide/specify them? How do they check what you write is actually legit?
And what does the part about expertise mean? what kind of knowledge should I have to claim I'm the right person to write on a subject?
Also, did you check other such sites?
>>
>>1213926
Thanks a lot
>>
>>1213929
>>1213931
No, just german in my case. I can't even log in to the english page.

They don't check if it's legit, if the customer accepts your work, you get your money. You don't even have to say which source you got the information from. Only thing is, you're not allowed to copy and paste anything. Everything has to be unique content.

To get the job you like you have just to click the 'accept' button. Then you have between 1 and 10 days to write. You can cancel the job without bad rating or penalty.
>>
>>1213931
>Also, did you check other such sites?
There is a german microjobbing page, called machdudas.de. I bet there's something similar in poland too. There you can find big and small jobs from your pc like proofreading, graphic design, online marketing and such things. But I don't like it because you have to buy tokens to apply for a job.
>>
>>1213937
so... so I can basically just shitpost on regular basis and be paid for? It's almost as if you were working for them not as a writer, but as a headhunter

Anyway, thank you very much.

By the way - I wasn't thinking about a blog as such, but rather about some kind of interactive stuff. You know, I'd take requests, going wherever my reader please, reporting some adventures. You think it wouldn't work?
>>
>>1213940
The customer won't accept your work if it's really bad of course.

It's worth a try, but I would do it more like a hobby in the beginning. Unless you do crazy things like smoking a joint in Manila, read a bible in North Korea or attending a public hanging in Iran. That's how you get clicks.
>>
>>1213890
most people sell drugs, either smuggling or street dealing if they are traveling over land
it's very foolish, and usually makes less than you would selling drugs at home
people end up risking their lives for a few grand which back home they could make in a fortnight

some people shill for bars, and run "bar crawls" that bar/club owners pay them for

the digital nomads work online, probably the best option

some people just sell things, usually the legal transfer of exise goods "for personal use" across a border
liquor into turkey, cigarettes into germany or france

some people market their english skills, usually technically illegal but almost impossible to catch someone
"your website says 'big smell room nice' I can help you with that"
>>
>>1213961
what's wrong with offering my english to anyone again?
And again - I don't want to sell drugs, I don't want to sell anything. I don't want to work while travelling, I want the travel to *be* my job, however tedious, bad-paying or dangerous that would be
>>
>>1213972
teaching English is a good way to go, and there's nothing wrong with it

however it ties you down o places for long periods of time; often boring middle citties
they pay is bad, but employment conditions can be a far bigger issue (underpayment, late payment, being pushed to do unpaid work etc)

you have to be conscious too about not offending people, many spend years in hard (and often fruitless) study

local laws often require a working visa for anything, the cost and burden of which can often be disproportionate to what you would make in the short-medium term, and many countries now require a college education to get a working visa.
working without visas is common, but there are clear risks involved
>>
>>1213893
>Risking the death penalty for $3000 AUD

Fucking idiot.
>>
>>1214002
>Risking the death penalty for $3000 AUD

That relief of not getting caught must be a stronger hit than the heroin, goddamn.
>>
>>1214002
>>1214053
I guess what amuses me the most would be the metod I'd need to employ. I mean, I'm pretty good at regular english, but know nothing of the slang stuff. Now think of asians linguistical barriers. It might become some of the funniest/most awkward converstaions ever to be had
>>
>>1213893
Mind if I ask how that all happened?
>>
OP here, I'd still would like some more answers if anybody has them
>>
>>1213890
I met a girl in Mexico city that made a few hundred a month off youtube views. Maybe you could hit that global roaming hobo nitch? You will need a cheap one hand vid cam and a 8 gb ultrabook for editing I imagine. You record your journey, interview people , etc.. upload it on youtube. Advertize here, on reddit, etc.
>>
>>1215198
Me again. If you don't want to "work", this option is probably the best. You will need to be on top of social media however, which can be an hour a day thing.
>>
>>1215199
so can you tell me what exactly did she do? How many views did she have? What advertisementswould she allow the youtube tu put there?
>>
>>1215239
No I can't. Here is her youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-jeysc9SM81n6fWoCiLxtg
>>
>>1215245
thank you
>>
>>1215360
But as I (the textbroker guy) mentioned before, there are so many vlogs and blogs out there. And they have money. For example, take a look at "fun for louis" on youtube. That's a full time traveller/vlogger. You need money to create content and you need content to make money.
>>
>>1215381
not necesserily. I think I may find a way, because my strong sides are bravery (especially willfulness to risk my own life in order to gain something of worth) and scientific and unusual approach. And, as I said before, I think of making it interactive, so that people would actually feel that their decisions matter here. It's very empowering, just like pressing an important button. I'm really desperate to try and I'll use any opportunity. I can survive on very little, most of the cash would be for visas.
I know there are much better jobs - easier, available and reasonably paid. But I want to earn via travelling.
>>
I'm in Korea right now and met with a guy who's doing editing and translation. He basically has few customers that keep sending him work and he only works 4hr a day while traveling
>>
>>1215385
what kind of job is he doing?
>>
>>1215388
He works as an editor. People email him their papers, he corrects the mistakes and w/e and then he gets paid.

He's using workaway so for a minimal work, he doesn't have pay for accommodation.
>>
>text broker is us only
hahaha, fuck me in the ass
>>
>>1217033
>fuck me in the ass
That's only not us so deal
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.