[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the worst experience you've had on an airplane?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 329
Thread images: 21

File: Delta-One-London-3.jpg (111KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
Delta-One-London-3.jpg
111KB, 700x525px
What's the worst experience you've had on an airplane?
>>
>>1213878
4 hour layover
>>
sitting next to someone who clearly should have bought 2 seats for her fat arse.
>>
People shouting 'fucking announce the shit in Hungarian, dickhead!' (in Hungarian) every time the cockpit would say stuff like 'prepare for landing' (in English as usual). Others cheering for the idiot.

Budapest to Brussels on Ryanair. Never again did I set foot on Ryanair, no Bose headphones or earplugs can filter this out.
>>
Having to deplane because the kid behind me shit himself. Talking full explosive diarrhea out of probably a 7 year old kid.
>>
Made the mistake of buying airport food just before a flight from the US to the Netherlands and spent the entire turbulent flight trying and very nearly failing not to shit myself. Landing was also terrifying as it was windy and cloudy as fuck and I'm scared of flying at the best of times.
>>
>>1213878
20h layover
cancelled flight
food poisoning on plane
transatlantic turbulence when you fly against the fukin roof
>>
>>1213878
worst was probably an 8 hour flight with three screaming babies
not crying, they were literally screaming
the parents didn't even give a shit and the flight crew couldn't really do much

on a separate occasion, I saw the infamous chinese "air rage"
at that point I was unaware of the phenomena, all I knew was an extended chinese family boxed in ground staff and just started yelling at them, crying, sitting on the ground etc

once I was on a plane that had to abort a landing on approach because another plane was on the tarmac
a lot of G's were felt

once flying into europe the plane landed and people started clapping and calling "bravo"
>>
>>1213952
>transatlantic turbulence when you fly against the fukin roof
W-what
>>
>>1213955
if you're ever in serious turbulence the plane gets lifted up and down because of the changing air pressure/wind

it feels like a rolercoaster, like the plane is free-falling (against the fucking roof) or sucking you to your seat
>>
8 hour flight, had to fart but didn't want to be rude

8 hours holding in a fart man, it was fucking hell and a half
>>
>>1214009
What's your problem?
Fart in the bathroom.
>>
>>1214009
>>1214011
I like to eat disgusting food that inknow disagrees with the morning before a flight. Then i become the silent but deadly terrorist in the sky.
Usually people dont say anything but sometimes they get fucking mad!!!
I fly quite a bit and it keeps things interesting for me.
>>
>>1213878
>Flight from London Heathrow to San Francisco
>Fat guy in front of me leaning as far back as he can
>Guy across the row puking
>>
I've got an almost 9 hour flight from DC to Vienna in 6 months.

I've flown all over mainland United States before, but usually after 3 hours i get antsy and anxiety.

How do i deal with this without getting wasted? Flying on into Montenegro and and I'd like to be sober until i get to where I'm going.
>>
>sleep time on China Air
>finally getting to sleep
>chinese grandpa pulls out tape player
>holds it up to my ear between the seats
>presses down the play button
>begins to blast chinese folk music in my ear
>I start freaking out and asking him to stop in mandarin
>flight attendant comes over and asks him to stop
>grandma wakes up, starts shouting at flight attendant
>flight attendant, old man, old woman all shouting in chinese
>louder than the damn music
>I just wanted to sleep
>goes on for 15 minutes
>old man calms down and begins to play with the touch screen in the headrest
>jabs at the back of my seat for the next 2 hours
>never go to sleep
>>
>>1213878
They ran out of my favorit booze mid flight
>>
>>1213878

it didn't melt anything
>>
Making an emergency landing, shortly after take off, after it emerged that the plane was leaking fuel, or oil, or something. We were directed to a remote corner of the airport where tea, biscuits, and if we wanted it, counselling (!) was available - in the event the landing went smoothly and all was well.

Two things I was really glad for: it was in Copenhagen, a well-managed, efficient place. And the plane was largely full of fellow English people - the national sense of humour and "sense all will be well with a cup of tea" really came out. It was the second stage of a two-flight journey for me, and the first flight had been full of Germans, behaving in stereotypically German manners. It would have been less tolerable to make an emergency landing with them; or indeed at the original departure airport, in early 2000s Vilnius.
>>
was sat next to a qt on a 7hr flight. i went to the toilet, sat back down and some piss leaked out of my dick
>>
>>1214036

I'm flying from Paris to Santiago soon and I'm going to be zonked on xanax or valium
>>
>>1213920
hahaha that sounds terrible
>>
>>1213878
I've had two flights turn around and go back to original airport after more than an hour in the air, resulting in long delays, and on one occasion, 24 hours stranded in Hanoi without a passport. But thone were just inconveniences.

Single worst thing that ever happened would be boarding a plane from Tokyo to Detroit with horrible gastroenteritis--I puked in three barf bags before we had even left the runway, and basically just sat there wishing I were dead for twelve hours, when I wasn't running to the toilets to shit and/or vomit.

>On the plus side, after I barfed all over the customs terminal in Detroit, they let me cut right through the long line.
>>
Literally shit myself on a plane from Prague to London after a heavy night of drinking

Had a panic attack and the whole plane got stunk out. They had these special emergency boxers and trousers for me to wear and they plasticed over the seat lmao

For the people on the flight I am a once in a lifetime anecdote, for me it was just a Tuesday
>>
I was flying Southwest, and was late to the airport so the only seat left was between the fattest couple I had ever seen. Both of them were literally spilling over into my seat. I got stuck in 2/3 of a seat for almost five hours. On top of that, neither of them were good fliers, and were nervous as shit. They were sweaty, and jumpy, and would not shut the fuck up. We hit a small patch of turbulence and the wife spilled her soda all over me. Not because the turbulence was that bad, but because she freaked out and sort of jumped in her seat, which caused the tray table that was resting on her gut to pop up.

Never before or since have I ever wished so hard for a mid-air collision.
>>
>>1214155
Let me guess, you and your mates all went over for a stag do
>>
All the new fears I realized I had flying from San Francisco to New Zealand.
Also not sleeping because I was in coach
>>
I don't think I've ever had a very bad experience in an airplane. Most of my flights have been pretty uneventful aside from turbulence and occasionally rude cabin staff.

Some of my worst airline-related experiences include a 36-hour layover in Almaty International Airport and a flight from Bogota, Colombia, to Atlanta, Georgia, which was delayed by over a day. Thankfully Delta provided me with nearly $1,200 in travel vouchers between that and a voluntary bump from Atlanta to Detroit. I would have stuck around all week if they'd kept tossing free fares my way.

I do remember one time when I flying back into Detroit from New York. We had trouble getting clearance to land and had to circle around for half an hour. All of the other passengers were talking shit about the flight attendants and acting like it was there fault. One of the guys in the aisle across from me was noisily whining and berating an attendant, while several other passengers joined in.

That was a Spirit flight, though, so I guess I couldn't have expected much else.

I always know I'm on my way back to Michigan when the airplane is full of fat, obnoxious fucks.
>>
>>1213920
>>1214069
Yeah, I normally am very patient with first-time fliers, esp. if they actively ask for tips about flying... But that crew was something else, made me want to die.

>>1214155
Ugh I hope we don't cross paths irl

>>1214233
That Spirit experience sounds similar to mine... I don't even have problems with low-cost carriers themselves, but sometimes they attract this crowd, and I want to run away from them.
>>
When me and a mate flew to Sarajevo I'm pretty sure were scammed by some crocked customs guy, he told us there were a special fee for using the airport and we didn't see any other way out than paying him. Got two weird ass cards and when we told the story to a local friend he looked at us like if we had told him we'd seen a ghost. Was only like 16€ each, but still.
>>
>>1214155
Behold, a walking stereotype.
>>
>>1214039
Why did he do that?
>>
>>1214314
Fucking with the foreigner if I had to guess
>>
>>1214314
Chinese people dread silence.
There is noise 24/7 wherever you go there. They're uncomfortable if there is no music and whatnot in the background.

Ever wondered why fireworks and firecrackers are that fucking popular there ?
>>
>>1214047
>mfw German manners
>plane delayed for 15 minutes
>its full of boche

unreal, the faces on them like they COULD NOT BELIEVE we weren't on time
>>
>>1214155
>for me it was just a Tuesday

lad shitting yourself every Tuesday isn't normal
>>
Strangely enough both happened on flights to and from Istanbul, although they weren't from the same trip

>fly with Onur Air to Istanbul
>leg room is so ridiculously small that I literally can not put my legs anywhere while sitting straight
>have to sit sideways with my back twisted and my legs in the aisle
>flight attendants and other passengers constantly give me dirty looks or say I have to put my legs behind the seats
>3 hours of torture

>fly back from Istanbul
>some drunk Turk or Kurd or whatever starts shouting things 2 seats next from me
>all the Turks on the plane get butthurt as fuck from the things he's shouting, clearly something offensive
>flight attendants come to try calm things down
>things only get more heated
>some guys want to fight to dude
>half ass brawl
>guy gets handcuffed and moved forward to the plane

Would have been fun to watch if I wasn't almost next to the guy
>>
>>1214203
Why the fuck didn't they sit next to each other?
>>
>>1214375
They never do when that big.
They cant fit that way.
Those types get really annoyed when you take the middle seat because they were hoping it would stay empty.
>>
>>1214036
Flew from Minneapolis to Norway (about 11 hours flight including layover). I just got drunk because I can't sleep on planes, ever.
>>
>>1214379
Wew, I'd expect them to move and sit next to each other, especially if they want to talk to each other.

But why the hell didn't you have assigned seats on a flight?
>>
>>1213878
Haven't had a terrible experience. One time some drunken idiot kept yelling stuff before takeoff and harassing all the women on the plane. He got kicked off but delayed the flight by a good hour with his childlike 40 year old bullshit. Yelling and screaming and then pretending to be asleep when attendants confronted him (x5).
>>
>>1213878

>Flying to Oman from Bahrain on a four-day weekend
>gonna hit up Wadi Shab and hike until my legs fall off
>the patrons to my left and right are fucking gigantic
>the man in the aisle seat needs a seatbelt extender
>neither of them use deodorant, opting instead for heavy doses of Arabic colognes
>I'm nauseous the entire flight due to the cramped conditions and putrid smells

Thank God it was only an hour long. I'm never flying Gulf Air again. They suck ass
>>
>>1214388
You are not understanding me.
The literally cannot fit side by side.
Physically impossible
>>
Turbulence over the Venetian lagoon, plane was shaking and the lights flickered a few times. I was with a group of other high schoolers (~15 people) back from a study vacation in England, and our caretakers made us sing Lemon Tree by Lunapop to keep us quiet. I wish I was making this up
>>
>>1214388
Southwest doesn't have assigned seats. It's a pain sometimes but the tickets are cheap. Normally I make sure I board early enough to avoid such disasters, but there was a giant pile up on the freeway to the airport. I was literally the last person to get on the plane. Hence being stuck between the Tubbies.
>>
Plane ran out of beer.
>>
File: 1477114578079.jpg (60KB, 511x511px) Image search: [Google]
1477114578079.jpg
60KB, 511x511px
>>1214009
>be me
>same situation
>fall asleep
>start farting in sleep
>each time had cute girl sitting next to me
>>
>>1214588
Some girls fart also anon so not a huge deal
>>
>>1214533
Studying English in Cambridge, right? I've seen a lot of kids doing that.
>>
I was a Deportation Officer for a long time. We were taking a guy back to Ghana. Had a layover in Atlanta. I had to pee, so I went to do that. While I did that my partner let the guy use the phone. The guy called 9-1-1 and said he was being kidnapped. When I got back from the restroom the guy was screaming and foaming at the mouth to the assembled police men. We didn't catch that next flight.
>>
File: 1429741015677.png (368KB, 945x574px) Image search: [Google]
1429741015677.png
368KB, 945x574px
>on flight from Toronto to Montreal coming back from San Francisco with family
>was already tired as fuck even before I took benzos
>seated beside someone I don't know
>start nodding off hard
>autism forbids me to fall asleep on a stranger
>force myself awake the whole flight
>massive chills and twitching every time I start falling asleep
>one hour feels like two lifetimes of suffering
>haven't been able to sleep while seated since then, on purpose or not
>>
>>1214590
London actually
>>
>>1214616

Kek. What's so bad about this though? Makes for an interesting story IMO.
>>
>>1214653
The part that sucks is that we are now in Atlanta, and we're from California. The guy is not going to fly anywhere else. Even though there is Immigration in Atlanta. It's an issue of them taking the guy from us and keeping him for a month while we hire a doctor to drug the guy.

The flight with the doctor we had to put the guy on the plane in a wheel chair. We spent a night in Ghana and at the airport the guy showed back up and make the claim to a police guy that we drugged him, and brought him back to Ghana.
>>
Not really as intense as most of the stories posted here but the first time I ever flew by plane in my life I was sitting next to some autistic sperglord who wouldn't shut up and stop explaining every little process the plane was going through at the exact moment it happened. We were sitting right next to the wing too, and I think I must have heared the world "flap" over a thousand times. I know he meant well, but shit. I was anxious as hell too so it didn't really help. Luckily it was only a 2.5 hour flight.
>>
>>1213878
flying SICK
>>
Flight got cancelled. Wasnt aware of the quality 5 star hotel we were put up in and had shitty 3hr stay in said hotel because i booked us on the earliest flight out.
>>
I once took flying lessons on a tiny little Piper Cherokee. I never had a problem with flying (as a passenger), but being in the pilot's seat was abso-fucking-lutely terrifying.

Just as I thought everything was going to be alright, my dickhead instructor took over and the plane ended up doing a very convincing nosedive.

I was already terrified of the complex controls, being in the air, and looking down at the ground (VFR rules), and then the fucking plane was rapidly dropping in altitude at a reasonably sharp angle.

That is literally the worst experience I've had on an airplane.

As for my worst experience from a traveler's point of view, well, I flew with Air Canada a few times.
>>
>>1213904

wow thats it? try 8-9 hours because i fly rinky-dink airlines lol. i dont even own a laptop... ;o....

My worst experience was probably flying back home to Miami, after having had a 1-hour delay in the flight because of "engine problems".

Fast forward 8ish hours in and we are almost over Miami, but have to go in a half-hour holding pattern. This couple in front of me starts talking about how last they heard of a plane with engine problems everyone died, they kept asking the flight attendant what the hell the problem was with the plane, are we going to die, etc.

tl:dr

>plane 1-hour delay due to engine problems
>get stuck after 8 hours of flight on a holding pattern
>over the BERMUDA TRIANGLE fml
>couple in front of me keeps talking about we are all going to die
>>
File: 1217160924.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
1217160924.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
>just flew from Eugene to Sea/Tac
>waiting for connecting flight to Dallas where I'll then fly to Monroe, Louisiana
>departure is in an hour
>plane arrives at gate and suddenly my flight status changes to Cancelled
>in all the confusion I'm like the 20th person to get in line to talk to the ticket agent
>it's literally taking each person 20 minutes to rearrange their itinerary
>while I'm waiting in line I look outside at the plane I was supposed to take and see this
>pilot clipped something while taxiing in

I don't feel like green texting anymore but it took me 40 hours from that point to make it to my destination because of American Airlines' incompetence.
>>
Was coming back to Australia from Norway after travelling for a month. The way there took 24 hours and suck but was nothing compared to my flight back. I usually have no problems with my ears flying but during my last couple of days in Oslo I got the flu sick from the low temperatures.

>Get on plane in oslo, head is all stuffy from the flu but otherwise fine
>As we take off an ascend, my ears start getting blocked
>Try everything from chewing gum, swallowing excessively, trying to pop ears by holding nose and blowing hard, nothing works.
>Spend next 8 hours practically deaf and in slight pain till we get to dubai.
>Land in Dubai, expected ears to return to normal but they remain blocked.
>Spend two hours in Dubai before the next 8 hour flight to Singapore
>Once we leave Dubai and start ascending again my ears are now starting to experience some ringing pain.
>By the time we reached 30,000 feet I was in some severe pain. I was trying everything to no avail and by two hours into the flight I was rocking back and forth in agony. The guy next to me tapped me on the shoulder, I assumed he was asking if I was ok, but by this time I was pretty much deaf.
>He gets the flight attendant and she tries to help but there's not much they can do as we were over the indian ocean at this point.
>Spend the remainder of the flight being silently tortured, I was literally in tears.
>Finally land in Singapore and some of the pain has subsided. Some of my hearing also returns. I finally hear the guy next to me asking if I was alright, stewardesses also come and check on me.
>Decided not to catch the next connecting flight, stayed in Singapore for a week until I recovered from the flu and the ear pain which lasted another 5 days.
>Flight back home without issue

Worst experience of my life.
>>
>>1215058
I'm also an Ausfag and I fly a lot for work and I've somehow avoided being sick on any long-haul flights.

I had the flu once flying Sydney to Brisbane (~1 hr) and it felt like satan was fucking my skull via by ears for the entire time; I can't imagine what it would be like to do long haul like that.
>>
>>1215058
Jesus man. Where in Norway did you stay?
>>
>>1215058
This happened to me from NY, to Paris, and then to Joburg. Caught the flew from a hostel in NYC and my ears were fucked the entire way to SA. I know your pain and it fucking sucks
>>
>>1215084
>>1215111

Whoever said hell was underground had obviously never been in a plane with the flu before

>>1215085
Travelled to oslo, geilo, bergen, trondheim, flåm and tromso. Was fun as fuck but expensive
>>
>>1214416

>the patrons to my left and right are fucking gigantic

What the fuck is up with fat Middle Easterners? I've seen a ton of obese Arab folk (men, mostly) in my visits to the GCC area. They also smoke like chimneys. What's up with that?
>>
>>1215144
They're amoung the most obese people in the world...in the countries that aren't war torn of course.

It because they got some awesome but fatty as fuck food. Have you ever been to a turkish restaurant, or even a kabab shop? I remember trying this weird honey peanut pastry from my turkish friends restaurant and it was greasy as fuck. Thing is it tasted awesome but I could only mange to eat one while he ate a whole bunch.

No suprise that hes a fat fuck.
>>
>>1213920
Same thing but in French, I live in Montreal. Also, only place in the world where I saw people applauding a landing. Stupid hicks.

On a trans-Pacific flight, I got a sandwich thrown in my face by a attendant when I was FINALLY able to fall asleep. On that same flight, the guy next to me clearly didn't had a shower in ages and kept chewing tobacco and spitting in a bottle.

I was mostly lucky on all my flights.
>>
>>1213878
Thought I was going to die on a flight from New York to Las Vegas
There was a huge storm going on, the flight had a 3h delay and when we thought it wouldn't leave the airport at all before the end of the storm we eventually boarded and left.
Biggest turbulences I've ever experienced, like several seconds of free fall when it felt like zero gravity and you could see the plane going down from the window, everybody looked legit frightened even some stewards, several people where praying and crying
The worst part lasted like 30mn and we were out unscathed tho, my sister never step foot on a plane ever since, luckily I didn't catch a fear of flights and still like plane travel since
>>
>american airlines trans-atlantic flight
>sandwiched between two fatfuck american tourists
>they eat practically the whole journey
>>
Got drunk on Guiness before flight. Turns out Guinness is bubbled with Nitrogen in the factory. Got the bends.
>>
>>1213878

Crying baby for sure, without a doubt.

Other notable ones include
>9hr flight with no meal service, only snacks could be bought
>sitting next to someone who is 350lbs, and basically half of my seat is their volume spilling over into it
>>
>>1213920

Ryan Air is fucking cray cray, it's like a city bus in a 3rd world country

And to think, flying used to be something classy that people dressed up for.
>>
>>1214036

Excercise, get plenty of rest.

Then those long flights will go easier.
>>
>Entered the plane and showed my ticket with my seat to the stewardess, accomodated my bags and sat next to the window.
>A bird enters the plane, flies all the way to the back and then flies back and exits the plane, everyone is either screaming or laughing.
>Then a russian couple board the plane, the guy looks like jean reno with tattoos and the girl looks like a tall, blonde version of negasonic teenage warhead from the deadpool movie, skinhead and clothes
>the stewardess asks them to show her the ticket in english, jean reno asks with a heavy russian accent what's the door nearest to the exit, she says in the front and asks for the ticket again, to which he replies 'our seats are here' pointing besides my seat and both sit beside me without showing the ticket. It was a lie as I knew I had the only seat on the row
>Stewardess leaves, then Jean reno takes out a plastic bag and takes a cow's head skeleton out of it, it smells bad and has traces of blood on it. Then puts it away below his seat.
>Not a word has been said by any of them after sitting
>Plane takes off and about 20 minutes later he says 'Let's go', both quickly take their bags and walk to the front of the plane.

At that point I wasn't sure if they were going to hijack the plane or take the front seats.
>>
>>1215179

Sounds like Ryan Air is the overseas equivalent to JetBlue

>decide to take JetBlue to NYC because it's cheap
>cheap flights attract lower-income """"people""""
>noisy, inconsiderate, rude passengers treat stewardesses like shit for, god forbid, not having regular Coke
>'groids having loud conversations in the back that prevent sleep

Never again.
>>
>>1215254
Hey, if I can fly from England to Africa for the price of one night at a pub, I'm not going to complain about comfort.
>>
I used to fly on a fairly short hop on Spirit airlines every few months back and forth to college. They'd lose my luggage literally half the time that I flew.

Apart from that, I've flown a ton all around the world but I've never really had a bad experience in-flight. Delays, lost luggage, hassles before the flight, sure. But even the shittiest low-cost carrier has been fine in-flight.
>>
Got stuck in Hong Kong airport due to a flight delay for almost 24 hours.

Mainlander chinks were angry and about to start a fight with the Hongkee chink airport staff. Apparently it was a combination of the weather and the Shanghai airport's fault for not giving them the go-ahead to leave, or that was the excuse I heard. Not sure if true.
>>
nothing too bad, just once i was stuck between a fighting couple
they refused to sit next to each other so i just sat between them while they argued back and forth

it was only detroit to seattle, 4-5 hours so it wasnt so bad
>>
>>1215254
Shitty passengers exist in normal airlines too.

>Cathay Pacific
>suddenly hear a loud, booming yell
>"GET ME YOUR SUPERVISOR, NOW!"
>"I AM VERY UNHAPPY. YOU DELAYED MY FLIGHT BY THREE HOURS!"
>"I MISSED MY SON'S SOCCER GAME BECAUSE OF YOUR INCOMPETENCE! YOU SHOULD HAVE MADE ALTERNATE MEASURES!"
>"SORRY? YOU'RE SORRY? IS AN APOLOGY GOING TO BRING ME TO MY SON'S SOCCER GAME?"
>this was the entire context I got
>maybe they did wrong him, maybe he did suffer a great injustice, but goddamn dude, chill the fuck out
I always knew soccer moms were a thing, but apparently soccer dads exist, too.
>>
Flying in Romania on EasyfuckingJet or some shit airline like that, a fat woman sat next to me and farted the whole fucking trip and she didn't speak a word of English so I couldn't even tell her she was disgusting.

Imagine the fat woman from Daria that's always sweating, she looked exactly like that, barely fit in the seat.
>>
>>1215254
Jetblue ain't shit. Ryanair's US equivalent is the Fung-Wah bus that goes Chinatown, BOS->Chinatown, NYC for like $1.
>>
My worst experience I never even knew happened till three days after the fact.

I flew LAX to Hong Kong, then to The Philippines and Puerta Princesa. I was at my hotel and reading a newspaper when I read of a Cathay Pacific flight that had a near collision with a North Western flight off of Japan. I did the calculations and determined that that was the flight I was on.
http://m.scmp.com/article/75380/air-traffic-error-led-near-miss
>>
I was so drunk it wasn't really bad, for me, but maybe from an outsiders perspective, or the poor ducks sitting next to us. A friend and I bought a bottle of rum and started smashing it in the terminal, and continued once we got into the plane. He even went to the galley and helped himself to a few coke cans to keep the party going (Spring Airlines, staff were dumb as shit). I remember we were putting on airs and pretending to be stewards to each other. It's a wonder we didn't spark up a cigarette. At some stage I puked into the little bag and he passed out, but we made it to our destination, no harm no foul

>>1215304
Topkek did you try to mediate? Or bang the wife?
>>
Old Indian woman kept putting her hands over the back of her seat and all over my screen while i was eating. Her hands were disgusting and looked like they had necrosis. I had to keep jabbing my knees into the back of her seat every time she did it until she got the message.

Still i'm sure it's not as bad as flying with mainland Chinese. They are just the worst to be surrounded by.
>>
Had 40 minutes in Belgium to get a connection flight, which became 30 when they wouldn't let us off the first plane for ten minutes. I had to run across the whole place to get to my terminal. I managed to get on the plane but I couldn't stop by to buy Belgian chocolate from the numerous stands inside the airport. Such sadness.
>>
>>1213921

Better that then 300 people getting norovirus
>>
>>1215157

>Also, only place in the world where I saw people applauding a landing

I've been on a few of these. Why the fuck does this happen?

In my experience there's a correlation between the price of the seat and the likelihood to clap. Only seems to happen on cheap ass short haul flights.
>>
>plane late
>didn't want to lose more time so they made no effort to go around or above turbulence so had a couple of hours of shaking and dips, paranoid it could plummet at any moment.
>American woman across the isle playing a game on her phone with the volume turned up (was making bath noises)
>stewards asked her to turn it down or put headphones on
>ignores them
>heavy fog at Gatwick meant the flight was put in a queue
>"this is your captain, we're going to have to do an instruments only landing, all electronic devices must be turned off"
>woman is still playing that fucking game on full volume
>stewardesses try to get her to turn it off until they have to get to their own seats.

One of the worst flights I've ever had, 11 hours of misery.

Landing in zero visibility is trippy as fuck though, you watch out of the window, see nothing but white then suddenly your on the ground with the runway beneath you.
>>
>>1215597

People who don't fly often.

Sometimes you get insanely smooth flights with landings you don't even feel that are worth clapping, sometimes you land in insane conditions.

I've landed in very high winds before with the plane rocking from side to side to a scary degree and when it touched down it touched down hard as fuck. Can only imagine what it was like in the cockpit.
>>
>>1214039

Whoever decided it was a good idea to put touch screens in the headrest of airplane seats deserves to die a most painful death.

Every time I'm on a long haul overnight flight the kid behind me decides he wants to play one of the games on his touch screen.
>>
File: 1384752387259.gif (993KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1384752387259.gif
993KB, 250x250px
>>1214155
>They had these special emergency boxers and trousers for me to wear

laughed out loud
>>
>>1215597
They do it all over Latin America and Africa.

If you look around during takeoff people will also be praying and doing the catholic cross thing on themselves.
>>
>>1215215
Did they take their cow head?
>>
File: fucksalt.gif (240KB, 160x120px) Image search: [Google]
fucksalt.gif
240KB, 160x120px
>entire plane smells of leftover curry
>2 hour delay because of "electricity problems"
>we finally start to take off
>woman next to me sharts herself
never again will i fly fucking United.
>>
>>1215441
You should have licked her fingers
>>
>>1214203
I had the same thing from Charlotte, NC to Cancun for spring break. I'm 6'3 and was 95Kg, and was tiny compared to them. The woman couldn't put the arm rest down and needed a seatbelt extender. Halfway through she started to talk to me about how there were too many Mexican's in Texas (on a flight to mexico), and then about terrorists hi-jacking planes. Wasn't fun.

Also a 6am flight home from Brisbane to Melbourne, the day after uni games. We headed straight from a nightclub to the airport and had the first 6 seats for our group, and were all dead as soon as we got on the plane.
>>
>Went to Santorini with family
>Booked a different flight than they did, so they had their flight back 9 hours earlier than I did
>Waited at the tiny airport for 9 hours doing pretty much nothing other than walking around and just sitting there
>After that, had two layovers to get to New York which took about 24 hours total
>Waited around for another 8 hours for next flight
>Finally get home after another 6 hours
>End up getting a sinus infection right after which lasted for a month
>>
Loading really fucking heavy luggage inside the cargo department and sweating as fuck due to warm weather.

I've mostly been fine when I've actually been flying.
>>
>>1215810
cargo compartment*
>>
>Flight from New York to London
>Sick as fuck, but had to get home
>My seat was in the middle, with a orthodox Jew on my right and an obese black lady on my left
>I feel like dying, just wanna try and sleep and get this trip over with
>The Jew has kosher meal made for him, which seriously smells like puke and the smell stayed after
>1 hour into the flight the black lady went crazy because her TV didn't work.
>The flight attendee told her after 20 minutes of arguing that she would try and restart the entire entertainment system on the plane, in hopes that it would fix the black lady's TV
>The restart causes the entire entertainment system to crash
>everyone is shouting and moaning and i'm sitting there considering jumping out of the plane to end my suffering.
>>
>>1215824
Did the jewish guy complain about having to sit next to gentile goyim?
>>
>>1215897
Goym is a gentile. You silly "goym "
>>
>>1214980
>plane ended up doing a very convincing nosedive.

was that a stall recovery? or was he just fucking with you?

I stopped flying years ago, but if I remember the regs correctly you cant do a change in pitch over 30 degrees (dive) unless youre wearing parachutes.
>>
>>1214989
If you were having engine problems you would not be stuck in a holding pattern.

For the most part passengers are fucking retards. (not you, the people in front of you)
>>
File: tfw.gif (301KB, 192x256px) Image search: [Google]
tfw.gif
301KB, 192x256px
>>1213878
>I would love to travel and see the world
>Lurk /trv/ everyday and wonder how anons are doing there and there
>tfw absolute fear of plane
Last time I tried to embark I literally had a panic attack and passed out right before getting on.
Lurking through this thread ain't helping
>>
>>1214016
>>Fat guy in front of me leaning as far back as he can
That's why the seat reclines.

>>1214980
>As for my worst experience from a traveler's point of view, well, I flew with Air Canada a few times.
They seem to have 2 flight crews, the english speaking which is friendly, and the french speaking which ignores the rest of the plane with a frown.

>>1214989
>Fast forward 8ish hours in and we are almost over Miami, but have to go in a half-hour holding pattern.
This only means Obama was on the tarmac, no other delays ever happen at MIA or the flight is diverted to FTL instead. He did it 25x during his administration, closing expressways, runways and sections of the airport. Why he didn't land elsewhere, and not at rush hour in Miami always blew my mind. Arrogance + golf vacations + fundraisers.
>>
>>1215988
I'm 99% certain he was fucking with me, because he was smiling throughout the whole flight, that fucker.
>>
>>1216235
Just go to a xanex prescription. My fear of flying probbaly isn't as strong as yours, but it's bad enough that I cold sweat and can't sleep even if I've been awake for 24+ hours.

Pop a xanny, and boom, we could be heading for a mountain at full speed and I couldn't care less.

It has actually helped so much that I no longer have nightmares the nights before flying, in fact I only start to get nervous when I get to the gate. Then I just pop the pill and it all goes away. I think I will slowly be able to wean myself off it based on the fact it doesn't bother me as much anymore
>>
>>1213878
Business Class flight, LAX-AUH (Abu Dhabi)-Kathmandu on Etihad a year and a half ago.
This is from the LAX-AUH part:
Delayed flight
Crying kids even in Business Class
Smelly people
Insane turbulence
Steward/esses were rude as hell
Pretty sure the couple in front of me were lowkey giving oral to each other
Monitor/personal tv in front of me didn't work for most of the flight
Food literally tasted like shit

Abu Dhabi-Kathmandu part: (I didn't fly Business for this flight)
Even before I boarded, there was a 12 hour layover
Loud brown people
Smelly brown people
Personal TV didn't work again
Turbulence again
Couldn't understand the pilot/stewards due to heavy accent
Food poisoning
Stewards still did not give a fuck

Since then I have avoided Etihad like a plague and I don't fly business or in general that much. Emirates and Qatar are infinitely times better.
>>
>>1216315
same
taking xanny before flying eventually leads you to associate flying with a good experience
so much so that you many one day eventually fly without even needing drugs
>>
>>1213878
got stuck in the middle seat between a loud snorer and a guy who would NOT STOP COUGHING. Gross, phlegmy, loud coughing the entire fucking slight, it was unbelievable. I managed to get sleep but Mister Coughypants coughed me to sleep and coughed me awake.

this was during a ~5 hour red eye flight from Calgary to Montreal
>>
>people shitting on RyanAir

They will fly you to a foreign country for like £30, what the fuck are you people expecting?

It's a textbook example of getting what you paid for. It's like buying the cheapest possible lunch from a filthy food stall and then whining about having stomach pains later.

>How did this happen?!?!
>>
>>1215597
Its only happened to me once, I am murrican and you would think it would happen on domestic flights however on a flight from Moscow to Rome the plane was full of Russians and they all erupted into applauds and cheering when we landed, also the flight was one of the most uneventful ever.
>>
>>1216320
Weird, I have flown with ethiad and it was one of the better flights i have been on. The pilot did seem to just ignore the turbulence we were hitting, although it was very mild. Also stewardesses were nice even the one time I ordered the Kosher meal kek
>>
>>1214147
Stop saying 'barf'
>>
>>1213878

Every airplane ride fucking ever, ever, ever, ever, that I have been on has me getting to my seat, unlocking the overhead compartment, and someone else's bag is there.

"Sorry, is this your bag?"
"Hey is this your bag"

Followed by flight attendants telling me I can place my bookbag fucking 10 seats ahead, because that one is taken.

Always some ridiculous dude who speaks up after I take it out and leave it on the floor, though they don't say shit as I'm blasting my flight attendant.

Really, how hard is it? Use the overhead space above your seat.

that is my greatest pet peeve.
>>
Today I flew 6 hours from Doha to Frankfurt and sat next to a guy who was constantly smacking his lips and clearing his throat.

No kidding. For 6 hours straight that thin lipped blond haired motherfucker who wore gold sneakers smacked his lips in the most annoying way possible. It was clearly a tick, but this made it so much worse.

One of the most terrible flights Ive ever had.
>>
>>1215430
jeez, man. glad you're still here
>>
>>1215675
+1
>>
>>1215430
>25th May, 1994

Good one.
>>
>>1216940
This used to be easy, but now that nobody checks their bags anymore the overhead bins get full, especially when accounting for fire extinguishers that cut into space.
>>
>>1217126
>before start of trip
>bag was about one-third the size of acceptable limits, and half the weight limit
>end of trip
>ended up buying so many souvenirs that my bag couldn't even fit inside the measuring station
>ended up going 2kg over the weight limit
>thankfully, my airlines didn't give a shit
>didn't cause any trouble in the airplane
Thank fuck
>come back home
>my family doesn't even like the souvenirs
>they're the ones who told me to bring some
>they wouldn't tell me what they specifically want
>"oh, anything's fine anon, haha"
>I actually ruined my back for these damn things
>some of the seam stitches have loosened up, and one of the straps actually came off
Fuck this shit, I am never buying souvenirs for anybody again.
>>
>>1217136
*I ruined my BAG

My back is fine; I can handle 9kg of baggage because I'm a big boy.
>>
>>1217137
>>1217136
Get better taste
>>
File: 20160527_150747.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20160527_150747.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>1217126
I've heard this is a uniquely American problem, I remember reading on a frequent flyer forum that priority boarding is always very useful in the states because it means you can actually fit your bag in the overhand compartment
I know every premium carrier in Australia includes luggage standard with every ticket, but apparently even American flagship carriers like Delta and AA don't include luggage on all tickets
Can an American confirm?
>>
>>1216322
That's why I take Xanax three times a day
>>
>>1217204
You are correct. Most airlines don't give you a free bag check unless you're going internationally.

And even then, I recently flew with United internationally and they made us pay to recheck our bags on the way back to the states because our layover was too long. They said it was a safety concern.
>>
>>1217204
6 flights in the last month in Europe and 5 of them had the same shit going on. It happens way more than it used to, even a few years ago I don't remember it being this frequent.

The worst thing is when the stewardesses ask who some bag belongs to and no one answers. Every single time. And then the plane leaves late.
>>
>>1215441
>Still i'm sure it's not as bad as flying with mainland Chinese. They are just the worst to be surrounded by.

I'm about to fly to China, what should I watch out for? How do I prepare?
>>
>>1217316
It's not a big deal, they're just loud and can be a little rude. Bring some headphones, watch a movie, and it doesn't matter who you're surrounded by.

Also, if you can get on one of their new bullet trains, especially the business class, it's pretty amazing. Way better than flying.
>>
>>1213878
going from buenos aires to madrid on iberia, the plane literally smelled like shit for the last few hours of the flight.
don't know what happened, don't wanna know.
>>
>>1214047
>>1214351
what are german manners?
>>
>>1215399
hot
>>
>>1215438
i want to glass you

do that shit in the privacy of your own home or in a pub but don't take it into a public setting
>>
>>1215597
Applauding is very common on tourist destinations, like the spanish/french/italian/greek islands for example. When 95% of people in the plane are tourists going on a trip, you'll get the claps.
>>
>>1217399
Just because it is common doesn't make it less retarded. Do you clap when exiting the bus? The pilot is just doing his job.
>>
>>1217172
What the fuck does that even mean?
>>
>>1217419
he's saying there wouldn't be a problem if you picked better souvenirs
>>
>>1217204
>I've heard this is a uniquely American problem, I remember reading on a frequent flyer forum that priority boarding is always very useful in the states because it means you can actually fit your bag in the overhand compartment
Overhead luggage is not the same thing as checked.
Airlines vary. There is not most or clear answer at all. Some airlines charge nothing for what you carry onboard, but that during the holidays, winter with bulkier clothing and overseas flights, people tend to pack quite a bit, and there are in fact not as many overheads to let 100% of passengers bring an overhead and an underseat bag both. Add some coats, umbrellas and people putting underseat bags above to keep their legs clear (who wouldn't really)...then you can run out of room. Some airlines have redesigned overheads to hold bags deeper, wheels out, and not just sideways, to accommodate more bags. Even then, priority boarding (someone anyone can get through frequent flyer status, credit cards, or a simple fee) is helpful if having your legroom and no bags checked are important to you. It is very important to some people. It's crucial to people who sit in bulkhead rows like in your picture, where both bags go up.

As far as checked bags go...it varies by airline. Some charge for 2nd bag but nothing for first bag (Delta). Have any kind of status at all, or fly business or first and get 2 or 3 bags for free. It varies.
>>
>>1213878
>flew a lot from Joburg to Cape Town as a kid
>bomb scares every other week

>standard Wellington turbulence

>8 hour flight from Auckland to Honolulu
>dickhead in front of me has the seat reclined all the way back
>getting a little antsy and claustrophobic
>little over 4 hours in, juuust drifting off to sleep
>old man three rows in front has a heart attack
>"anyone here a doctor?"
>half the plane now traipsing up and down the aisle next to me
>please God, don't turn this plane around now
>he stabilizes and we continue, but any hope of sleep is now shattered forever
>claustrophobia it is

>flight back from Honolulu
>two girls behind me taking turns to sniff continuously through the entire flight

And the worst of all
>flight from Brisbane to Auckland
>delayed over two hours because pilot is sick
>they rustle up some trainee pilot to take over
>everything is fine until the last half hour of the flight
>we're hitting constant turbulence, getting increasingly bumpy
>flying a really weird route in to the airport
>start descending, plane is bouncing like crazy
>hit runway with a huge jolt
>bounce right off runway and start skidding on the grass next to it
>miss hitting one of the control towers by a hair
>you can hear a pin drop inside the cabin
>finally the breaks kick in
>manage to stop the plane and taxi gently back onto the runway
>even the cabin crew are pale and exhaling in relief

I've landed at Wellington a hundred times and even on bad days, it will never come close to that landing.
>>
>>1217470
Sounds like you had quite a bit of a scare with that last one, Anon.

Is it safe to assume that it's extremely unlikely you'll ever visit Bhutan?
>>
>>1213878
>ryanair to london
>dipshit kid sits in the wrong seat
>takes the seat of an angry scot
>"oy lad, where the fuck is your social worker?"
>tfw i think he's talking to me while i'm next to dipshit kid
>tfw plane wont takeoff because dipshit kid wont move to the proper seat
>>
>>1217473
I can't think of any reason I ever would, no. Why?
>>
>>1217482
Paro Airport is quite possibly THE most difficult airport to land in.
>>
>>1217483
>google Paro airport

At that point, why even bother having an airport there at all
>>
>>1214036

xanax
>>
>>1217483
I've been to Bhutan. Landing at Paro airport is fun. It is exactly like you see in those youtube videos.

Landing at Lukla, Nepal, is also fun.
>>
When flying to Venice from London I was sitting next to this blonde, teenage girl who was wearing flip-flops. Let's just say she had really smelly feet.
>>
>>1218038
shoulda licked her soles
>>
>>1217527
>I've been to Bhutan.
Which tour operator did you use?

This is literally the biggest thing on my mind right now.
>>
>>1214389
Sounds like a right ashole. Fuckin pretending to fall asleep. Aint that the worst
>>
>>1215824
Half the food you eat in New York is Kosher mate
>>
>>1216320
>Pretty sure the couple in front of me were lowkey giving oral to each other

>Not watching
>Not masturbating

I was in a flight once were this couple next to me were fiercely making out
I just had my eyes locked on them, and put my hands under the blanket, pretending to jack off until they looked at me and stopped
>>
>>1214233
Wait a minute, Bogota to Atlanta....via Almaty?
>>
not much of a flyer here, I went on one a couple years ago and they said I couldn't get on the plane with my wheelchair

wtf.jpg

needed family help to go into plane and sit down. I was OK, knowing that my wheelchair was just in the cargo bay or w/e

Nope. They took it apart. These fuckwits took apart my wheelchair. Apparently it's standard policy. I think it's standard fucking bullshit.
>>
>>1217328
>Bring some headphones
Should I bring my own on a China East Airline flight?
>>
>>1218125
Wheelchair bombs?

That does sound seriously bullshit though, I'm sorry.
>>
>>1217489
Will the TSA bust me if I bring non prescription xanax through security?
>>
>>1218058
Don't remember it offhand, but I don't think it matters. They all offer the same things at same prices.
>>
Flying Air India.

I don't know where to start. The stewards and hostesses are fucking rude and don't give a shit. They're nice to white people (I'm white) but, by being 'nice' is that they're responsive.

The plane was only a year old at this point. Some old Punjabi lady had shit herself and continued to shit herself in the bathroom, literally stinking out the whole plane. The food was fucking awful. My IFE didn't work, asked to move, didn't work on my new seat.

I couldn't sleep the whole flight as there was too much turbulence and the whole plane fucking stunk.

I would fly with them again as they paid for my hotel in Delhi where I had a 22 hours stopover (and my food).
>>
>>1218169
She was probably in a designated shitting seat.
>>
Living in Asia, I have to say Mainland Chinese have never actually been as problematic on flights as Indian families have.
It's never just like 2 or 3 people it's always a family. They always travel in no-less-than 6 people groups and there are always children.
I've had Mainland chinese onboard a flight with children and it wasn't as bad as the Indian people.
Kids just crying, running up and down the aisles on Red-eyes. Constant use of the bathrooms, I'm talking every 1-2 minutes, spilled food on the floor and in the aisles.
Mainland Chinese may be the worst tourists but Indians are the worst fliers.
>>
Came down with a stomach virus while visiting family in Thailand. I felt better after a day of being bedridden but had to do the flight back to NY the day after. I still felt like shit and the entire flight was me getting up to go to the bathroom or trying to fall asleep. Once back in NY I had to stay in bed for another week or so.
>>
File: 1476289576900.png (10KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
1476289576900.png
10KB, 259x194px
>>1218315
>indians
>using bathrooms
>>
>>1214204
LADSLADSLADSLADSLADS
>>
>>1215400
That's quite an exaggeration... Apart from the sub-standard seats I can't complain about Ryanair one bit
>>
>>1218075
My nigga. I wish I had the balls(autism?) to do shit like this.
>>
>>1213904
20 hours here between Istanbul and Tokyo. I made sure to take advantage of Air Turkeys free tours offer though.
>>
>>1218075
>this couple next to me were fiercely making out
I don't understand this. Why do they do this?

Maybe I'm just a virgin autist, but I don't know how people think such raunchy displays of affection is considered acceptable. A light innocent kiss, sure why not, but full-on making out? Seriously?

I saw this shit when I was in Hong Kong. The scene was incredibly unfitting. I would understand if it was at Victoria Harbour or somewhere scenic, but it happened in Tai O. Not even by the water, it was right in the dirty-ass village with decrepit buildings and disease-carrying dogs.
>>
>>1216940
>I take it out and leave it on the floor
>>
>>1215597
>Only seems to happen on cheap ass short haul flights.
quite the opposite from my experience

I'm Portuguese and I fly a lot domestically or within Europe and it never happens. On long intercontinental flights though, it's a given 100% of the time.

Usually it's old people who have gained that habit, don't know why
>>
>>1215215
can you guess what was the business with that head? A superstition or something? Also, why didn't attendants do anything about it?
>>
>>1219649
you don't get it. It does not have to be acceptable, because you are not obliged to give the tiniest fuck about any single person around you. You won't even see them ever again in your life.
>>
>>1216940
>t I have been on has me getting to my seat, unlocking the overhead compartment, and someone else's bag is there.
Newsflash, there actually isn't enough overhead space for every passenger that has a seat. From the crew bags up there, to the blocked out bins for safety gear, like a raft, or the demo lifevest for the presentations. Add in the people who was their legroom free who put their underseat bag up there. They didn't install enough bins up there. Fact.
This is why people pay for priority boarding or for a particular seat selection...so they get to the bin first.

The thing to do is indeed take whatever bin you want, ideally not behind you so you can see if and when someone goes into that compartment. No, it doesn't need to be over your own damn head. That's you just trying to logical, but remember there isn't enough bins.
>>
12 hour night flight on the way, old dude next to me gets a heartattack or something. Wife screaming nothing happens and everybody go's back to sleep. Can not go back to sleep thinking this guy is going to die sitting next to me.

The way back there was this autistic swedish fucker getting drunk and who was the only one watching movies and blasting the sound up while rest is sleeping. Again no sleep.
>>
>>1218123

No. Those were two separate flights. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

It was New Delhi - Almaty - Istanbul in 2013 and Bogotá - Atlanta - Detroit in 2015.
>>
never had a terrible flight at the fault of an airline, actually, and i fly a lot. worst flight i ever had was simply when i got air sickness.
>>
On a shitty e175 from Cardiff to Berlin a few weeks ago I was sat behind a fucking rancid couple who kept making out. They both looked like they hadn't washed in days, the girl had huge lips and an underbite so the kissing was slobbery and gross and the guy had acne and a bad case of patchy pube stubble. It was fucking disgusting. It was only a 2hr flight, but it felt like I'd watched them kiss and giggle about kissing for about 15 years by the time we landed.
>>
>>1217316

I had a 12 hour flight sitting next to an old chink couple. I got stuck next to the old chink man (would've preferred the woman desu) who kept fidgeting around literally the entire flight and touching my arm or poking me in the ribs, or touching my leg.

I tried to switch seats at the beginning of the flight and the chinky stewardess rudely told me "NO."

On the same flight, Indians kept walking up and down the aisle. Chinese and Indians, a very scary combination.
>>
>>1219789
Did the guy die or what?
>>
Just saw some guy almost have a breakdown because our delayed flight ruined his chance at getting a job for a CEO position.

Our flight was supposed to be an hour long and it had an added delay before our takeoff, and when we made it to the layover airport (an hour late and the exact time our next flight's boarding began) everyone was sprinting to get to the next terminal. It was on the other side of the airport and they didn't hold the second flight, so everyone on the previous flight missed the boarding by five minutes.
>>
I've been lucky. Longest tarmac delay I've ever had was 2.5 hours at Narita on an ANA 787 due to severe weather. Actually happened on President's Day in Feb. Fortunately, I was in business class so I just sat there watching The Martian while drinking complementary champagne. When we finally got to Sea-Tac 2 hours late, I still had 2 hours before my flight home to ATL while a lot of people missed their flights.
>>
FTL to LGA in March nine or ten years back. First flight (midafternoon) cancelled due to inclement weather at LGA and I got rebooked on a nighttime flight. Was mostly uneventful until we hit the north MD/south NJ area, and then we spent the last hour of the flight flying in the dark through fucking dense-ass thundersnow, which I had not until that point in my life known was 'a thing.' Lots and lots of that turbulence where the plane just drops, zero visibility, and to this day the only point in my life where I honestly thought I might die, and this from someone who watched 9/11 happen from a few blocks away out my school's windows. If I had not been clenching my entire body in mortal terror I would 100% have shit myself.

Fuck LGA.
>>
File: Kirkenes.jpg (144KB, 1024x769px) Image search: [Google]
Kirkenes.jpg
144KB, 1024x769px
>grew up in Northern Norway so I'm used to windy flights with small ass planes.
>experienced a few flights where the plane had to abandon the landing procedure two or three times before succeeding, but usually no biggie
>Fast forward to when I was like 10 years old I was flying a regular flight from Alta to Tromso
>Weather is shit as usual, and we can barely see anything
>Plane literally doesn't touch the ground until at least half way through the landing strip
>no chance of stopping before hitting the snowy ground at the end of the airport
>plane almost falls over to the side before stopping in a bunch of snow
>most people were calm but one of the flight attendants was freaking out the whole time
>at least I got to try the slide when exiting the plane.
>>
>>1213878
Having 1 delay and 2 cancellations on the same trip, the weather wasn't even bad either.

Also sitting next to a big ass 7ft nigga on an overnight flight. I mean there was nothing wrong with the guy, but I had no room.
>>
File: wonder.jpg (44KB, 640x519px) Image search: [Google]
wonder.jpg
44KB, 640x519px
>>1214057
the image I got was a 60-year-old man next to an unaccompanied minor
>>
>>1220310

You'd think the company would cut him some slack and factor in plane delays and things that are out of his control
>>
>>1213955
yeah it happens

had fun times watching the cabing crew trying to cope with the wine bottles when we encountered the kind of turbulence that made me glad I had buckled up

Stockholm-Beijing flight a couple of years ago
>>
>>1214155
lad im autistic as fuck but not even i am this autistic...
>>
>>1215988
kek yes you can without a parachute what kind of fucking communist country do you live in that you need a fucking parachute to even practice spins

t. pilot
>>
>>1215162
likely nothing

most airline flights never exceed 1g force (normal force of grav) so anytime it goes outside that it feels INSANE

if pilots of a reputable airline decide to fly a trip despite weather you'll be fine

do some flight training and you'll shit yourself lol
>>
>>1220310

>CEO position
>not arriving a day early or flying private

lol what was this CEO of Joe Blows ice cream shack?
>>
>>1220549
they deployed slides just cause it went off the runway? wot
>>
All of them. Flying is the fucking worst.
>>
>>1220847
>they deployed slides just cause it went off the runway? wot
Typical procedure. Planes doors are too high off the ground not to have some jetway or stairs and exit the plane safely. Sometimes a truck wouldn't get there quickly to bring stairs, and when you have a crash landing, you want to get off the plane ASAP in case of fire forming.
>>
>>1220846
>>>1220310
>>CEO position
>>not arriving a day early or flying private
>lol what was this CEO of Joe Blows ice cream shack?
I was thinking things too, like if someone was truly qualified for such a permanent high responsibility position, would a flight cancellation put their resume in the trash? Not likely. He'd have already gone through quite a few vetting steps and would have simply been rescheduled.
>>
>>1218075
this is my man
>>
>>1220853
interesting

i'm not an airline pilot but am a pilot and wouldn't have thunk this

but you don't always want to get people off ASAP after emergency landing, sometimes its more dangerous outside than inside (see qantas a380 in Singapore)

i know for cabin fires you get people off fucking faster than ASAP but would've assumed they'd bring the stairs for simple overrun if you're not leaking fuel as there is high risk of unnecessary passenger injury with use of slides
>>
>>1218148
If you don't know how to hide a couple pills on your person you are beyond help.
>>
>>1218073
Not anymore. You only find kosher in religous or ethnic Jewish neighborhoods.
>>
>>1213878
shitskin mom with 2 babies behind me lhr-jfk, my seat was kicked the whole time despite the fact the mom + 2 small bodies had two seats to themselves.

Only saving grace was the fact I had an exit row and xanax.

runner up - for my own stupidity - was nearly shitting myself on an intra africa flight due to some bad food
>>
>>1218148
no, I keep all my different pills in one bottle, and have never been stopped ever. you're fine

Take .5 mg xanax plus one or two mixed drinks and you'll sleep like a baby
>>
San Francisco to Auckland in coach. 13 hours. No sleep.
I'm 6'3".
>>
>>1214015
You are my hero
>>
>>1214630
>11 hours flight from Bangkok to Vienna
>1 hour into the flight I realise I started snoring
>the remaining 10 hours is a copypasta of your experience
>>
File: COazmRFWcAAmeyM.jpg (6KB, 249x249px) Image search: [Google]
COazmRFWcAAmeyM.jpg
6KB, 249x249px
>On Malaysian Airline jet
>Take off
>Fucking hate take off
>Looking out of window at the tiny tiny boats
>Pilot turns a little too early
>Boats get bigger
>Fuck shit fuck balls
>Plane stabilizes, boats get smaller again
>Pilot finally on intercom
>Sounds like he's high on adrenaline, voice shaky
>>
File: chinese_man.jpg (60KB, 420x400px) Image search: [Google]
chinese_man.jpg
60KB, 420x400px
>>1217316
Imagine sitting between two mainlanders, they take out a bag of what looks like chips or candy. To your horror you notice that the bag is filled with oily slimy flesh colored chicken feet. Crunch crunch crunch chew chew shout shout. You try to look away to relieve your eyes and stomach, but to the other side is an overweight chinese auntie yelling at her kids or husband about god knows what, eating sunflower seeds, throwing the shells on the ground. You want to shut them out so you close your eyes, suddenly the amazing training Chinese pilots get kicks in and the plane feels like its being torn in all directions at once from turbulence. Thoughts keep flashing through your mind of all the shady Chinese infrastructure and products. But at least they wouldnt cheap out on airplane parts right? Right?!?
>>
>>1222196
you have my kek sir.
Do they actually like those chicken feet? Or is it just food for the poorest?
>>
>>1214009

Wait, you guys don't fart on the plane?
The constant buzzing noise should cover up the farts, right? Please say it does.

In have done a lot of travelling and after about the second ~12 hour flight I just came into farting aways as much as I want. I didn't count, but since I have a high protein diet I usually fart around 20 times per hour after a meal.
I mean I could hardly hear it and nobody ever said anything, so it should be fine. Right?
>>
>>1217316
Late to the thread, but I think it's a meme.
Especially the kids -- I take 6 mainland Chinese over any Western Euro baby on a flight.
I mean it sucks for the kid to not be allowed to do what they want, but at least I can get my sleep no problem, while the Euro kids are just all over the place non stop.
>>
>>1222185
>10 hours
Holy fucking shit.
I swear if I ever end up going to Asia I'm taking business class.
>>
>>1222341
Business class on EVA air was the comfiest I've ever been on a plane.
>>
>>1222270
I tried chicken feet for the first time when I was in Hong Kong.

They're actually pretty damn tasty. Those chinks are atrocious people, but they got one thing right.
>>
I have a 10h flight in august CDG-JFK, I only take the plane for short trips, I've got a little fear of plane and I've got a very bad vomit phobia, how fucked I am ? What's the best for not getting food poisoned/hearing or watching people puke ?
Should I xanax ?
>>
Had my first trip last year with a 14+ hour flight to tokyo, took some edibles before I hopped on the plan and shortly after it started hitting me. Hit me like a truck, threw up when we landed and knocked out the rest of the trip. By the time I came to we were over tokyo already.
>>
>>1222413
Holy shit, calm your tits.

Food poisoning usually only occurs through poor preparation. A lot of it is related to temperature and storage. Anything and everything can give you food poisoning if improperly handled, but if you really want to minimize your risks, then you will take care to avoid poultry, seafood, dairy, and eggs. It's usually these types of food that will get you. If you're eating any other kind of meat, make sure that it's fully cooked. If you want to fully minimize the risks, then either eat nothing, or eat only fruit/vegetable/grain products.

Don't worry too much about other people puking. In-flight vomiting actually doesn't happen all that often. I've flown on economy class many many times in my life, and I've never seen anyone puke. And when people do puke, they usually make it to the lavatory, or they use the bag that's provided. It's very unlikely that you will actually see any vomit.

In short: it's pretty unlikely.
>>
File: 1-13-2012 8-18-31 PM.jpg (61KB, 414x573px) Image search: [Google]
1-13-2012 8-18-31 PM.jpg
61KB, 414x573px
>>1222307
are you me?
>>
>>1220310
Why would you ever fly to something like that day of? Why on Earth would you put that shit into the hands of an airline being on time? That's just irresponsible planning.
>>
Pay for Comfort+ service.
Ask for my complimentary soda and peanuts and the bitch gave me attitude and started ignoring my 19th request.
>>
>>1222356
EVA Airlines coach is not bad at all either.
The cheapest flight from Taiwan to USA was listed only as Vietnam Airlines...fuuuuuu, was terrified of it. Get to the airport and its EVA Airlines and the flight is partially booked.. granted this was the leg to Tokyo. But, I was relieved it wasn't chickens running around inside the plane.
>>
>>1215597
>Only seems to happen on cheap ass short haul flights.
Not my experience. I have been in a lot of flights in my life but all of them were from Portugal to Mozambique/South Africa and there has not been one single flight that people have not applauded on the landing. And I have always travelled with TAP, it was very expensive and all of them were between 10-12 hours.
It should be an European thing or whatever.

Regarding my worst experience while flying, I must admit I never had a bad flight. Apart from some slight turbulence which can be normal, I think that what made me most angry was in my last flight. I was in a Johannesburg-Lisbon flight and we were taking off. This was some years ago and I don't know if it is still that way, but cell phones were absolutely forbidden, calls were off limits. A woman next to me was talking to somebody on the phone and would not turn it off, and she was warned several times by the stewardess, and still would insist. We were already on air and she was still at it. I was 18 at the time and honestly believed that her call and the interference from the phone would make the plane go down. Not even on my first flight ever was I so nervous. She ended up the call about 10m into the journey already. Apart from this, all of my flights were pretty chill. I think TAP is a good company to fly with.
>>
>>1222307
everyone around you knows and silently hates you
>>
Nothing as bad as most of you, but worst for me
>flying into Logan International in Boston
>extremely windy this morning
>didn't eat because I have IBS and I didn't want to deal with it
>turbulence is so shaky and up and down that it makes my stomach feel awful and nauseous
>woman in the back screaming "Seniorita! Seniorita!" and other stuff in Spanish loudly in back
>thanked the pilot as I left because I know he was doing his best
>>
Singapore to London is hell. Did it once and it was day most of the way so you flew over some pretty interesting countries and shit. Did it at night after having slept from Sydney to Singapore. Awake the whole time.
>>
>>1218137
What?

Who elses are you gonna bring?

Pretty sure they don't supply headphones/earphones on the flight
>>
>>1222848
Business class and higher usually provodes nice noise cancekking headphones to use during the flight. Not sure on economy, but I would think they have crappy headphones for sale like Delta does in domestic economy.
>>
>>1213878
hit a patch of air, plane dropped hundreds of feet, the drink cart hit the ceiling, everyones shit flew everywhere, oxygen masks fell, the drink cart landed on some ladies arm, we all thought we were gonna die. i was wasted on a roofie just sorta stunned...we were halfway to tokyo, over the damn ocean..it was delta too.
not so much fun. scared shitless in the air ever since.
>>
>>1217316
Pretty much a meme. Took many Air China flights, the worst to ever happen is some smelly granny behind me. Old Chinese people just smell kinda bad.
>>
>11p-1a flight
>didn't sleep the night before
>tired as fuck
>spent the whole day dragging my 50lb bag+work supplies through trains and airports
>sinus infection so there's intense pain from pressure changes
>empty seat between me and a young mother holding a 2? year old girl
>Oh fuck it's gonna wake up and I'm not gonna be able to sleep and I want to die
>Girl wakes up
>starts playing quietly with toys
>notices me and slowly starts squirming out of mother's lap.
>hangs out in middle seat, carefully shows me her toys one by one
>no noise, just smiles and nonverbal communication
>listened to the Count of Monte Cristo chapter about the bandit's den the whole time
>better than expected.jpg

the pressure was like there were knives going into my face, eyes and ears though.
>>
>>1213878
flight from canada to germany where i say next to an indian guy who smelled like curry
>>
I wouldn't say it was a terrible experience for me, but more so for the passenger next to me.

>got a window seat
>because it's been a long time since I've flown, and I want a fucking window seat so I can look at the cool shit outside
>wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>the novelty wears off after a couple of hours
>was flying with JAL, by the way
>fucking JAL, their customer service is fucking excellent
>a little too excellent
>they're offering drinks at a very frequent rate
>only order alcoholic drinks, to get more bang for my buck
>alcohol makes me pee very often
>I keep having to ask the passenger next to me to move out of her seat so I can use the bathroom
>the passenger is a very kind, sweet old lady
>I apologize to her every time
>assures me that "it's okay"
>thank her profusely for her cooperation
Goddamn, I was such a piece of shit to her. After that flight, I no longer took window seats. Only aisle seats from then on, because I'm more of a frequent pisser than a frequent flyer.
>>
>>1220847
The goal is to get everyone off the plane in 90 seconds or less in an emergency. Slides are the fastest way to do that.
>>
>>1222768
B O S T O N
O
S
T
O
N
>>
When asked for seating never tell them you want the back row...
>>
>>1215399
Wasn't she even trying to hide it?
>>
>>1223171
Stand in the galley. It's where the alcohol is plus bonus stewardesses to chat up.
>>
>>1219698
But it's still childish, immature, "uhhh honey *giggle giggle*"-tier behavior
>>
>>1213878
20 hour standby SNA
>>
>>1218137
they supply free earbuds in economy

>>1218148
tsa are not and wont look for drugs unless you're trying to bring a huge bottle of lean they could give two shits

>>1218315
i dont get the whole mainland chinese meme. i fly to asia regularly the worst passengers are domestic walmart muricuh passengers and god help you if they ever stumble on an international long haul with their entitled, uncultured, arrogance.
>>
>>1213878
14 hours watching V for Vendetta on repeat while trying desperately not to vomit up the garlic-flavoured croutons that had been passed out in lieu of peanuts. The turbulence didn't help. France to USA.
>>
>>1223781
>garlic-flavoured croutons that had been passed out in lieu of peanuts
>to USA
lel
>>
>>1218363
it's just hole in the floor
>>
>>1223764
>i dont get the whole mainland chinese meme
I live in China and I've seen a few things that would qualify but I don't think I've actually seen it on planes.

I flew from Shenzhen to Zhengzhou last night and I couldn't sleep because when I reclined my chair, the fat guy behind me complained to the stewardess who told me that I couldn't put my seat all the way back because the fat guy behind was being crushed by it. He had his seat all the way back and was too fat to actually fit between two reclined seats.

I couldn't sleep sitting up and was just bored for the whole flight. It was inly 100 minutes, so it's survivable but I was pretty tired and could have used the nap.
>>
>>1215144
>>1215151
It's mostly peninsular Arabs. It's because their strict religious culture hates fun, but they are at least allowed to eat, so that's what they do for fun.
>>
>>1223931
Lol, at least she should have asked him to not recline his seat all the way back.
>>
>>1223931
Write to the airline and demand a refund or credit. The stewardess should have offered a voucher for your inconvenience of the fat passenger. Or maybe she should have traded seats for the guy to be in a first row or something like that, which should have been caught at the gate....or that airline needs to realize they made their seats too small and too close together.
>>
>>1224083
>Write to the airline and demand a refund or credit
That sounds like actual work. My time isn't worth the amount of credit that I might possibly get. I don't know if Chinese airlines even do that.

>>1224083
>Or maybe she should have traded seats for the guy to be in a first row
I thought about that but I looked and there was literally only one other seat free on the entire flight. And nobody would want to give up a good seat to swap with a fat bastard.

I'm sure the airline knows how small their seats are.

>>1224080
>Lol, at least she should have asked him to not recline his seat all the way back.
I don't think he'd have fit in between if he didn't...
>>
I had to fly from Nepal to China throwing up the entire time- then guangzhou to LA throwing up again the whole 14 hours.

Food poisoning abroad is no joke, I wasn't right for 10 days until i took antibiotics.
>>
I got upgraded to business class for a flight from SF to Vietnam once. The guy sitting next to me looked pretty rich, then a cute looking chinese steward whispers into his ears. A few seconds later he gets up and went to the lavatory, then 30 seconds later she went in there. The business class bathrooms are pretty big, so I can only assume what happened in there? Why don't they offer this in coach or economy?
>>
>>1224328
That doesn't happen out of the blue. They definitely had some kind of arrangement ready.
>>
Hitting turbulence 5 hours into your 13 hour flight to New Zealand and having that moment of clarity that you're fucked
>>
>>1224339
They treated me like an outcast in Business class, not only was I stuck with coach meals the Ethernet port don't work on my laptop because who the fuck has Ethernet now a days. The guy next to be had the brand new Apple shit with no ports and they can give him a port that convert ethernet to the USB-C. Me they said the internet is only for Business class and up when I am sitting in Business class. It's like the airlines want to suck this chinese guy's dick literally when they threat me like trash.
>>
>>1224352
It's not anything close to this when an airline upgrades you to whatever class.

https://youtu.be/84WIaK3bl_s
>>
>>1224352
You were not upgraded to business class. You were still pleb class, only in a business class seat. Learn the difference.
>>
I was a kid flying to New Zealand from London on NZ airways over 15 years ago. On the second half of our journey, I think it was from Malaysia but it might have been Singapore, I threw up. The cabin crew refused to help my dad clean up for some reason so he had to grab tissues from the bathroom and sit next to a crying kid covered in puke for hours. We haven't flown with them again and we flew that trip quite often due to family.
>>
>>1224411
What do you expect them to do? Clean up after your shit? They're not there to babysit nor clean up after you.
>>
>>1224442
You'd expect them to at least help with providing tissues or something.
>>
>>1214352
at least he's regular
>>
>>1213920
Even giving Ryanair a chance.

I paid 300 bucks more so I dont have to fly with Air China/Hongkong Airlines to Tokyo but with Lufthansa and ANA. Dont feed these fucking shit airlines. Show some appreciation for good service.
>>
>>1217368
>>1214351
germans are normally pretty good fellow travellers but when youre not on time theyre sometimes really pissed if the delay is for not big reason
>>
>>1222341
w-why dont you just...sleep?
>>
>>1223171
ANA is better.
>>
>>1224352
>who the fuck has Ethernet now a days
get out of my house
>>
>>1224620
Personally, I've never been able to do more than doze off for 15-20 minutes on flights, until my first business class flight with a lie flat seat. 14 hours from Houston to Taipei on EVA, and I slept like a rock for 8 hours of it.
>>
>>1215282
You can fly there with only 10 pounds?
>>
File: 9-11secondstrike.jpg (72KB, 795x470px) Image search: [Google]
9-11secondstrike.jpg
72KB, 795x470px
>>1213878
>What's the worst experience you've had on an airplane?
>>
>>1222848
t. never been on Finnair
>>
>>1225051
How did you survive?
>>
>>1225058
I was in on it.
>>
File: jedward.jpg (173KB, 1024x676px) Image search: [Google]
jedward.jpg
173KB, 1024x676px
Not a story of my own, but a mate of mine had a 12 hour flight to Tokyo sitting only a few feet away from these two fags. He said they didn't stop talking the entire flight.
>>
>>1223617
>that guy
>>
>>1220310
its just a common ploy by rich pricks.
>>
>>1213878
>be 12
>on Westjet alone for 1-2 h flight from Calgary
>get stupid VIP pass around my neck
>was looking forward to trying the food but all they had were cookies delivered with a fake smile and a patronising tone of voice
>near-constant stream of horrible puns dribbling from some bubbly patronising fat cunt who could barely fit in her uniform
>no earplugs

a-at least the scenery was nice
>>
>>1215438
>He even went to the galley and helped himself to a few coke cans to keep the party going

they fucking bring them to you lad
>>
>>1218137

kek
>>
>>1223764
>i dont get the whole mainland chinese meme. i fly to asia regularly the worst passengers are domestic walmart muricuh passengers

you're a fucking liar.
>>
>>1213920
>no Bose headphones or earplugs can filter this out.
my sides
>>
>>1220310
>delayed flight ruined his chance at getting a job for a CEO position.

he was probably lying, CEO is a top tier position, guys they hire for that sort of thing are usually already CEO experienced and millionaires, no way a guy is flying coach same day, with a few HOURS to get there for that shit in a million years, I'm feeling like he was just a dramatic fuckhead trying garner sympathy nd attention so he could get compensated, a company isn't writing a CEO candidate off because of a missed interview, shit I dont even think they DO standard job interviews for that kind of gig
>>
>>1222336

yeah ok, but how about 6 mainlanders WITH KIDS? Imagine THAT shit
>>
>>1223171
>Only aisle seats from then on, because I'm more of a frequent pisser than a frequent flyer.

holy fuck are you me?
>>
>>1223617
>Stand in the galley. It's where the alcohol is plus bonus stewardesses to chat up.

oh yeah they love that for sure, unless you Ryan Gosling they are despising you every second

>probably been awake for 40 hours
>serving rude scum in coach and ruder rich cunts in higher classes
>precious seconds of downtime in galley
>"hey there" their faces when its some chucklefuck slouching in the galley area leering
>>
>>1225204

>not having bantz with jedward

your mate is a gay cunt
>>
>>1225449
Can confirm CEO positions are usually filled through a representative, think almost like an agent for actor. The exception is if there are board members that would like to meet a candidate independently but that almost never happens. I call shenanigans.
>>
>>1224616
good service is cheap service
>>
>>1223628
so are they not allowed to like it, because you don't?
Some people enjoy other things than you, a big surprise, huh?
>>
Most of my terrible experiences were in airports when planes were cancelled. Worst experience on a plane was being surrounded by a Scottish family with a lot of kids on a flight to America. Real shit when I had to get up and I had to keep glancing around when racy parts came on on the movies I was watching, but that's just me being a social retard
>>
>>1225452
I don't think so, because people who drink in planes are more common than you'd think.

Hell, on the flight back home, the passenger next to me WAS me. He sat by the window and had liquor at every opportunity. He even asked for beer during breakfast. Then he started going all "sumimasen" on me, having me get out of my seat so he can get out of his seat to take a piss.

It was almost as if karma hit back.
>>
I just flew Swiss first class and the airborne wifi has a limit of 50 megs. Are you fucking kidding me? You have to pay lots for extra data packets which are still tiny.
>>
>>1213878
Malindo air to Malaysia
Indian families are the worst
>constant bathroom use
>stewardeses can't serve shit because the aisles always blocked
>ran out of vegetarians meals start comolaining like bishes
>start making sandwiches and eating their own food and walking around and giving food to the people who didn't get vegetarians meals while the stewardeses are trying to have them sit down
So fucking annoying but the stewardeses dealt with it so professionally personally I would've thrown the fucking food at them
Never even raised their voice just constantly repeated things
>>
>>1225731
*Complaining
While the cabin crew apologized
Not their fucking fault
>>
Didn't happen to me, but my parents were flying from NYC to Copenhagen. The flight was supposed to leave at 8 PM. The weather over the atlantic was looking bad, so they delayed it to 9:30 PM, and re-assigned their pilot to take a flight heading somewhere else. Then at 9:30 they realized "oh shit, we forgot to get a new pilot". And it took them until fucking NOON to work it out.

I know this from the series of texts my mom sent me. For about 15 hours, every ~80 minutes she would text me "they just told us another hour!". Apparently nobody got charged for drinks on the flight, but still, a 15 hour delay is pretty shitty.
>>
>>1225462
still better than no service
>>
>>1225731
Look at the bright side, at least they were using bathrooms.
>>
>>1225453

kek'd
>>
>>1225712
This is literally the worst thing to happen on a commercial airliner since 9/11.
>>
File: 1362655792673.jpg (92KB, 457x396px) Image search: [Google]
1362655792673.jpg
92KB, 457x396px
>Terrified of flying
>See this thread
Fuck man, I just want a holiday, not intense fear.
>>
>>1225464
Oh shut the fuck up. Am I not allowed to say that I think that kind of behavior is cringy as fuck?

Where have I said that they're not allowed to do so?

I suppose I still have the right to state MY OPINION about that kind of childish middle-school-tier behavior.
>>
>>1226177
And we have the right to comment on your opinion, despite your
>Oh shut the fuck up.
>>
>>1226180
Yes, of course you do. However, he/you asked me if people are not allowed to enjoy something, just because I don't like it. That was a fucking stupid assumption to make, because I was just stating my opinion on that kind of childish behavior - I never said anything about them not being allowed to behave like that.

So shut the fuck up.
>>
File: 1280728994757.png (21KB, 278x298px) Image search: [Google]
1280728994757.png
21KB, 278x298px
>Two drunk gays tossing each other off under the blankets
>Politely asked to stop by a pair of stewardesses
>Guys jumps out of his seat starts calling the stewardesses homophobes
>Starts walking down the aisle calling other passengers homophobic
>After two minutes of shouting he realises that his pants are down and his micro-penis is exposed
>Sits down quickly, shuts up and pretends to be asleep
>Plane lands 30 minutes later and he's escorted off by police
>His pants are still round his ankles and his junk's still exposed
>>
>Narita to JFK
>watching game of thrones
>Everybody is drinking wine in the show
>Get the itch, order a glass of wine
>drink it
>tastes pretty good
>get headache like 20 minutes after that
>Throbbing, awful migraine
>don't want to ask the stewardess for ibuprofen because I don't want to mix ibuprofen with alcohol (history of ulcer problems in my family)
>spend the next 10 hours trying to sleep with a wicked headache
>get to JFK and buy advil
>chat up currency exchange chick
Fuck wine
>>
>>1226254
>Why would anyone get on the internet and just tell lies?
>>
>>1226400
It's likely made up but actually the behavior of gays described is feasible. Sadly.
>>
Nothing really except delays.
Still i dont like flying.
>>
>>1213878
>flying from Oslo to Bangkok with Norwegian air
>somwhere over India old man has heart attack or something and we have to emergency land in Calcutta
>Poor elderly mans survival chances drop to zero as he is transported to local hospital
>I can literally see goats on the airport from my window
>Calcutta airport refuses us to leave, until Norwegian pays a hefty fee
>4 hours on the ground later - they finally break our fasts with dry bread and water, like we're in the fucking depression or something
>still 2 hours later Calcutta airport still trying to blackmail Norwegian
>FINALLY get the ok signal
>fly the last 2 hours to Bangkok

What a fucking shitshow
>>
>>1213878
>on flight from toronto to montreal to vancouver
> announcement that the plane going to the bahamas has a broken a/c and we have to go use the broken one instead.
> stuck in sweltering tube with old asian lady with no shoes and who sleeps on my shoulder
> arrive in montreal
>flight delayed by 6 hours
>finally arrive in Vancouver
> nobody to pick us up from the airport

arrived at least 6 hours later than i was supposed to
>>
>>1226475
Edit:
> had to go through this shit because my original straight flight got cancelled last minute due to "wind"
>>
>>1226470
That is norwegians fault not the shitty airport. Emergency landings cost airlines a lot of money.
>>
>>1226155
You're telling me. I'm in the air right now. Can't even post a picture because the wifi is so shitty the recaptcha expires before the upload finishes.
>>
>Lahore to Qatar
>I had the beginning of blood diorreah gut infection
>couple right behind us have a young baby
>there's something seriously wrong with them
>they all puff up like toads as soon as we take off
>the baby has weird nasty looking rashes all over it
>at the start of the flight its wailing in pain
>gradually turns into a death mewl
>they smell like death also
>the disgusting Nepalese manlet next to us kept trying to grope my mother until she punched him and threatened to get the police involved

Second worst

>Ashgabat to Birmingham
>me and my dad are the only whites on the flight
>everyone else is a poo in the loo
>they are all sick/disabled in some way
>plane reeks of curry and shit
>there is an autistic kid who keeps letting off that highh pitch squeal they do as well as running up and down the aisle and hitting random people
>the Turkmenistan airlines (and in the airport) staff cannot conceal their disgust at the subhuman poointheloos
>>
Kinda relevant.
Was in Sihanoukville last year and had to go back home to the UK.
>12 hour bus journey to Siem Reap
>Arrive at night, stay in worst hostel imaginable
>Fly from SR to KL
>15 hours sleeping in KL airport
>KL to Istanbul
>10 hour layover in Istanbul airport
>Istanbul to Amsterdam
>Sleep 12 hours in Amsterdam airport
>Fly from Amsterdam to London

worst journey ever
>>
>>1226232
you must be fun at parties
>>
>>1226470
>Poor elderly mans survival chances drop to zero as he is transported to local hospital
I keked hard. This should be our boards banner.

So did the norwegian pay them or not in the end?
>>
>>1226497
>that first story
the best(worst) so far in this thread. How long was the flight?
>>
>>1226521

5 hours I think. It felt like an eternity, especially with agonizing gut pains. I ended up in hospital, I shat myself anorexic in a week. It took me a few years to actually fully recover.

I just remembered a flight from london to Miami where it smelt like the person behind kept shitting themselves the entire flight. By then end of the flight I vomited loads, was vile.
>>
>>1226519
Doing it at a party is obviously a different thing
>>
>LHR to DXB
>Arabs constantly raiding the galley for beer/spirits
>Once drunk some particularity fat Arabs start removing their shirts
>Plane starts to stink of booze and body odor
>Stewardesses constantly getting their asses slapped by the drunks

The whole flight felt like it was the worst kind of Spring Break party ever, just with wasted dudebros swapped for Arabs with no alcohol tolerance.
>>
>MIA to SCL
>mid flight
>cabin starts to fill with the worst fucking stench
>see fat fuck next to me with a nervous smile
>ohshit
>think to myself I'll have to sit next to the sewage factory for the rest of the flight
>passengers 4 rows ahead complain about the odor
>stewardess is called
>turns out a elder women had shat herself two rows ahead
>she has passed out
>not responding to multiple attempts to wake her
>captain calls for doctors onboard to see her
>she took a shit ton of sleeping pills
>other passengers get distressed
>the show ensues
>ton of people screaming and arguing she is dead
>after at least 45 mins she wakes up disoriented as fuck

>flight arrived
>get up and collect my hand luggage
>usually wait for most passengers to get out
>pass the row where she had been
>see brown spot on the seat
>>
Not the worst but:

>Be kid around 5-7 years old
>Overnight flight from Cape Town to London
>Lights are off
>Go to bathroom
>On the way back sit down in seat, lean against my mother and relax for around half an hour
>Suddenly realize I'm in the wrong seat and what I thought was my mother was a sleeping dude under a blanket
>Silently go back to my family who probably thought I was just taking a long shit
>>
>>1226520
I'm assuming the better part of 6 hours were spent negotiating between Calcutta airport and some representative from Norwegian and that they finally settled while we were being treated like cattle in a slaughterhouse.

No hate for Norwegian though, they are a really great airline
>>
File: 1395694555287.gif (473KB, 297x212px) Image search: [Google]
1395694555287.gif
473KB, 297x212px
>>1227042

my sides
>>
ive had it pretty easy on planes since ive been an adult, worst internationally was some wonky sleeping tablet a friend gave me had me basically fever dreaming from w.europe to texas. I'd taken benzos on long flights before with no bad effects.

most obnoxious thing recently was on an easyjet fight from london to eastern europe...was messaging and coordinating shit last min and this British girl next to me was getting upset that I was using my phone after they said to turn it off while the plane was waiting its turn on the runway. Couldn't fucking believe an adult actually gave a shit about that.
>>
female here

was the only western passenger on a flight from Tokyo to Beijing full of Chinese. Men next to me was acting like I was damn zoo animal or fucking d-list celebrity like taking pics while they thought I wasn't looking, taking turns to sit next to me. Even nudged my knee a couple times for no other reason than to say they did it.

Honestly with international the travel I've had far more obnoxious experiences in customs than on an actual plane.
>>
>>1223171
haha nearly same exact situation for, flying SFO to Narita on JAL. My bladder is useless with alcohol, only had 2 and regular amounts of water but that's enough to send it into overdrive. I always try to get aisle international, but got stuck with a window. Super polite Jap businessman was acting like I was a drill sergeant, reacting so swiftly to my meek "sumimasen", treating it like an order, bowing and shit when I was getting up. I really got to practice the only two words I bothered to learn before my trip...the other being "arigato" ofc.

On the flight back it was American and got they are usually not anything close to stellar service but having been on JAL they looked especially shit. Not totally bad tho...I was on the aisle of 3 seat middle row. A little old Jap lady on the other end and an empty seat in the middle. She proceded to pick up the middle armrest and lay down along the two seats, even stretched out she wouldn't have touched me but she curled up and kept to herself, didnt hear a peep. Damn the Japanese are great flyers.
>>
>>1226476
>the winds
history has shown they cannot be withstood
>>
>>1226840
only one that brought me the keks so far, hahaha.

>ton of people screaming and arguing she is dead
>after at least 45 mins she wakes up disoriented as fuck

not even trying to be a dick but that is comedy gold in my head rn
Thread posts: 329
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.