[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Florence

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

Give me advice about sightseeing shopping in Florence apart from the obvious.

Especially interested in following things:

- Is there a place to buy Amazon Kindle?

- Good place to buy sneakers?

- Any mega malls open late at night?

- Good antique shops / bazaars / bookshops that are not tourist traps?

- Good places to eat / drink interesting stuff for cheap

And same question for Sienna.
>>
>>1213796
>- Is there a place to buy Amazon Kindle?
I guess if you'll be somewhere long enough, you could have one shipped overnight to you. I love my kindle HDX 7 and 10, but I also was gifted a Samsung E Lite which can be bought anywhere and the same exact stats as the Fire 8 HD, which is cheap as shit like $49, and just as good once you download the 3 kindle apps (underground, kindle, video). In some ways it has a couple of things better done and vice versa.

Dine at the market (Mercado San Lorenzo)

BUY LEATHER sneakers, lol, this is the capital of leather in Italy among some other handicrafts.
Check out this site that lets you add an iPhone app (if you want) that can sort out a walking tour to visit artisans in their workshops/businesses. Or just use it to find a shop of quality.
http://toscana.artour.it/en/companies/

>>1213796
>And same question for Sienna.
Alain Duchesse is chef at L'Andana which is kind of neat thing, as it was the summer house of Leopold and other royals.

Terme di Chianciano is a realllllllly nice spa, and can't miss.
>>
>>1213803
thanks
>>
File: 1486078324540.jpg (265KB, 1200x846px) Image search: [Google]
1486078324540.jpg
265KB, 1200x846px
Any interesting souvenir recommendations?
>>
>>1213796
You rarely come across mega malls in Europe. Less in Italy. Go to the city centers for heavy shopping. Most department stores are national chains.
>>
>>1213796

I also need help on this
>>
bumpin...
hows the history?
only reason im going there is to visit the tomb of my boy, Machiavelli
>>
>>1214215
I got a 4 inch tall bust of Michelangelo that sits on my desk. Anytime I want to get lazy and shitpost, like right now, I can glance over at him and at least feel a twinge of motivation to make something of myself.

A leather product is the obvious answer as well. Maybe a wallet from a store. Not from the street vendors.

>>1216415
Incredibly historically rich. Basically the city that single-handedly lifted Europe out of the Middle Ages and into the modern era. And there is plenty in Florence to demonstrate that. I just always got the impression, walking around, that this city was so historically important. I imagined Michelangelo walking the very streets on his way to work on the David. I think that's awesome.

The tomb of my boy, Lorenzo De Medici, is also awesome.
>>
>>1216415
M8! Basilica Santa croce isn't croce isn't just croceisntjustthe croceisntjustthetomb croceisntjustthetomb machiavelli, it's the tomb of of Italian of Italian greats! Michelangelo and galileo are also there. After Assisi it's one of the biggest Franciscan basilica in the the world, it's steps are a starting point for the via DE San francesco,a pilgrimage walk to assisi and Rome.
Palazzo pitti is also very cool palace that belonged to the medici family, you can have a great picnic in the the palace garden looking back at the city skyline. The statue of David is in one of the museums of florence. As previously stated florence is the centre for leathrwork in Italy.

Op - Mega mall -you must be American to want that filth. Don't even leave pooSA .
>>
watch out for people in robes diving into hey waggons
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.