[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Camino de Santiago - Who here /blessed/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

I leave in a week to Spain, and will be there for about 6 weeks. In that timeframe I will do the basic city slicker stuff, see some fun sights, but ultimately the bulk of my journey will be walking the walk.

Who else done this? How was it for you? Favorite places? How much did you spend?
>>
I did the Camino del Norte in 2015, was a great experience. I was really positively surprised by how relaxed people were, no religious nuts and a nice atmosphere. Thought the Northern route was perfect during summer with regards to the amount of people, and i doubt that the French Way is more crowded right now, than the Northern route is during summer, so you should be good.

I couldn't imagine doing it during winter/early spring, for me a big part of the experience was walking around in really nice and hot weather in the beautiful surroundings. How come you've decided to do it now?
>>
File: balderunner.gif (357KB, 572x569px) Image search: [Google]
balderunner.gif
357KB, 572x569px
>>1213717
>How come you've decided to do it now?

I am a wildland firefighter, so i work exclusively in the summer and am off work in the winter.

In addition, there was a fantastic flight deal, 500 roundtrip international, which is the best i've ever gotten so far.

Lastly, i don't really care that much about the weather. I like the physical discomfort and the pain as part of the experience, as my work is nothing but being outside in miserable conditions anyway. Snow and rain doesn't bother me so much when I have an albergue and friendly faces, whereas my job has been to deal with the same but then go to sleep on the ground.
>>
>>1213718
Ah alright, then you should be all good. I'm sure you'll get some nice views at this time of the year also. The Northern Route follows the coast most of the way, so it's probably also the one of the two that's better to walk during summer anyways.

Shit, 500 from the US is really fucking cheap.

I'm sure Santiago will be a great experience for you, given that it won't feel as touristy as when I was there, the church was full to the brink and it was even being restored on the outside.
>>
File: rejectdecadence.png (577KB, 1100x1100px) Image search: [Google]
rejectdecadence.png
577KB, 1100x1100px
soon i'll be there in just a few days. Anyone got any last tips for me travelling around spain?
>>
>>1213717
How does the Camino rank in terms of nature? If one wanted to see kickass scenery do you think one's time would be better spent on another long-distance trail? There are dozens in Spain.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.