[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Aus to Canada

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: aaaaaaaaaa.png (14KB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
aaaaaaaaaa.png
14KB, 300x169px
Considering going on a working holiday from Australia to Canada.
I'm almost 19 and I think it would be a great way for me to get some work experience whilst also making some new friends.

If you've been before, did you go through a company? Is it worth it? Which one?

What are the best cities to stay in/near?

Any pros and cons you can think of?
>>
Well, is there something about Canada that particulary attracts you? I know the grass is always greener but Canada isn't this dream destination. Montreal/Quebec city is fun in the winter, British Columbia has some amazing outdoors, but the rest is mostly forrests or shit cities such as Edmonton, Winnipeg, Ottawa, toronto, etc...
I assume you don't have much experience or diplomas either since you're only 18 y-o... so I doubt any company would ''want'' you, so to speak.
>>
>>1213489
>Montreal/Quebec city is fun in the winter

meant to so say summer
>>
>>1213489
I had a look at both your suggestions and Quebec stands out to me.

>I assume you don't have much experience or diplomas either since you're only 18 y-o... so I doubt any company would ''want'' you, so to speak.

That's true, but I don't think I'd have much trouble getting work. Getting anything above minimum wage, that'd be the hard part.
>>
>>1213482
f off.. we barely have any jobs for ourselves as it is.
>>
>>1213619
>not knowing how working holiday visa programs work
Every Aussie you let into Canada is a Canadian they let into Australia. Not our problem they melt when they get here.
>>
>>1213619

haha.

Either you're pretty epic retarded or you live somewhere that no immigrant would want to go in the first place.
>>
>>1213482
Go to Whistler, ski, work in a grocery store and bang easy Canadian women like the hundreds of your brethren.
>>
>>1213482
Going from Australia to Canada is like moving from Melbourne to Brisbane, the climate will be slightly different but generally everything will be exactly the same. It's the most vanilla experience you can have.

Having said that, I'm here in Melbourne now, moved from Canada a few months ago. It's almost the exact same city as Vancouver. I do like it here, it's a great city, really enjoying my time here. At the same time, I had a specific reason I wanted to come here, I'm a huge sports fan and I wanted to see a few of the sports events they have here each summer. Just have the F1 race and AFL matches to check off my list.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.