[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how feasible is it to do regular international travel with a doggo?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: corgi.jpg (517KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
corgi.jpg
517KB, 2560x1600px
how feasible is it to do regular international travel with a doggo?
>>
It greatly depends on the destination and where you're gonna be sleeping.
>>
>>1213469
Depends where and which airline. It's not so bad with small dogs but I wouldn't want to go with a German Shepard.

Pic related are my doggos; they have flown intercontinental with no problems. Baggage handlers love my dogs and make jokes about them, again these are heavily medicated 2kg chihuahuas so YMMV.
>>
I'm curious about this too.

Interested in getting a belgian malinois or similar dog in a few years. I was wondering what the regulations were on traveling to/from between different countries with the dog.

I have heard horror stories about lengthy quarantines, and do not want this to have to happen at all.
>>
>>1213474
I know that you have to quarantine your dog if traveling from n.a. to E.u. But all that means is you're not allowed to take your dog around other dogs for like 3 months; they can't actually enforce it they just tell you. You usually have to have some kind of proof that their vaccinations are up to date but they dont really look for specific papers just some kind of documentation from a vets office. I know you can get a "passport" for e.u. Dogs that supposedly means you can go country to country easier; you don't actually need one.

Dont know about other continents, i'd imagine the middle East has a lot of complications...
>>
>>1213477
I'm an American, for starters.

I noticed Hawaii is like super clean or something since many countries I've looked at just allow things from them real minimal effort.

Don't you just need to have proper blood tests and vaccines and shit up to date with enough elapsed time, and then you just show them the documentation and they let you through without quarantine?

Sounds like quarantine (outside of what you said) would be like a literal detention facility.
>>
>>1213473

what do you do when your dog needs to take a shit or piss on the plane?
>>
>>1213491
then they land the plane so that you can take your dog out for a walk

but seriously, if your dog is clean, it should be able to hold on for 10 hours like mine does (take him out before and after work).
Worst case scenario he'll shit in the cage
>>
>>1213479
The only situation where they would deny you entry or take your dog is if you don't have ANY proof of rabies shots, vaccinations, etc. Or if the dog was visibly mangy/diseased/filthy and posed a visible threat to public safety. The technical rules are complex but all in all they just want to make sure that no diseases can be spread. You'll be okay I wouldn't be too worried. You might get an order to keep your dog indoors away from other dogs for like 3 months but that's not going to go in a police database or something, it's just something they tell you.
>>
>>1213652
What are the procedures for transporting a dog anyway? A medium sized dog, for instance.

Boat? Plane? Car?
>>
>>1214050
A medium sized dog will fit in most boats, cars and planes.
>>
so, you just let our dog shit and piss in the cage if he has to? doesnt that stink up the cabin?
>>
>>1214503
>>1214513
Yeah I'm wondering how they are transported and treated in each of those conditions/ scenarios though.
>>
>>1214583
Basically you try to let them piss and shit outside before locking the cage, and don't feed them prior to departure.
Most cats and dogs can hold up for 12 hours, and more; but yeah they often piss and sometimes shit themselves nonetheless.
Just part of the risk.
Best is to put some padding and old rags to soak up if needed.
We help a local foundation to repatriate shelter dogs from RĂ©union to France where they are adopted, so we've been traveling with up to 18 dogs (3 small/medium dogs per cage, 3 cages per passenger) and usually 1 out of 3 would smell upon arrival. Often because of very young or very old dogs, who can't hold up for 14h yet/anymore.
>>
>>1214596
How do you get the dog on the plane? Are they placed in the cargo area below? Who brings them there? Can you see them mid-flight?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.