[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /trv/, anyone have any experience visiting or living/lives

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: eastern-europe-map-vector.jpg (56KB, 700x490px) Image search: [Google]
eastern-europe-map-vector.jpg
56KB, 700x490px
Hey /trv/, anyone have any experience visiting or living/lives in a major city in eastern Europe (preferably within the EU)? Looking for somewhere for a nice 3 or 4 night holiday for me and my girlfriend who both work minimum wage jobs and dont want to break the bank on somewhere like Paris or Barcelona. From what I can see Sofia seems to be cheapest in regards to plane tickets and hotel accomadation but not sure how scenic it is a city or how much there is to do there, anyone been there before?

Open minded to visiting anywhere in the region, would just value a bit of first hand experience from people who've spent some time there. Thanks
>>
dont go to Poland, biggest cities here have not much to offer and look nasty in winter.
unless you are interested in learning the everyday life of ppl here.
>>
i have been to all of eastern europe's capitals, and many of the larger cities. give me 3 bullet points of what you're interested in.

i personally love kiev, super cheap (easy to get a meal in a good restaurant for €2-4), interesting history, hardly any tourists.

depends on what you're looking for. baltic old towns? grilled meat? seaside? castles? commie stuff?

a word on sofia - it's a really average city i thought, nothing particularly sticks out. there's not really anything of note. Plovdiv (also in Bulgaria) however I thought was a very nice place, cozy old town.
>>
>>1213002
i'll give you some pointers to my fav cities in eastern europe...

*bucharest - super cool, strange place. has one of the largest buildings in the world. interesting contrasts, some wonderful architecture, but absolutely living history. good food. easy day trips into the mountains (see a castle, for instance), or go to the seaside
*skopje
also a cool place in the summer, unbearably hot, but there's a canyon nearby and hiking there is just wonderful, just a great place to spend 3 days and wander around. very cheap
* serbia
nothing better than hanging out on the danube on summer nights. 20th century aficionados will love new belgrade, the huuuuge commie district built on the other side of the river from the old town. amazing food - eat some pljeskavica from a butcher. you'll want it again and again

vilnius + kaunas are also pretty cool, esp if you venture out of old town vilnius you see some strange stuff. vilnius old town is super beautiful though.

i also liked minsk but realise that its not as easy to budget travel there because of no cheap flights, and i think the visa still costs money

i've disregarded budapest krakow and prague for now because those are well known and very touristy

warsaw is also OK i guess

odessa is a total hidden gem but theres no cheap flights, absolutely amazing city though

sarajevo is cool too
>>
>>1213003

bucharest probably sounds the most ideal out of the ones you listed i think, how is it in terms of affordable food/drink and how vibrant is it at night? i really dont want somewhere that closes down by 11 or 12. thanks for you input anyway
>>
>>1213006
Super affordable, very vibrant
>>
>>1212985
Plovdiv's nice, I'd recommend it over Sofia.
>>
File: 1483398147734.jpg (86KB, 720x691px) Image search: [Google]
1483398147734.jpg
86KB, 720x691px
>>1212985
>>1213002
>>1213211

Sofia's a great starting point.

I wouldn't call it "average" by any means. You just lack context and knowledge of the city. Perhaps you haven't even seen anything underneath the 5 famous buildings.

>but not sure how scenic it is a city or how much there is to do there, anyone been there before?

You can do a day trip on a proper ski runway. I think that's enough to say that there's PLENTY to do every season. These mofos have no clue.

t. living in Sofia
>>
>>1212985
Kiev and Odessa are both great places that are unbelievably dirt cheap at the moment.. I'd recommend them both highly.

Elsewhere, less cheap, but I really like Budapest, Riga and Vilnius.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.