[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Budapest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: budapest1.jpg (199KB, 977x550px) Image search: [Google]
budapest1.jpg
199KB, 977x550px
Im planning to go to budapest in early april. Im thinking one week, is that too much? For context I enjoyed spending a whole week in Prague. I loved hostel One Home in Prague, is their hostel in Budapest equally good?

Would also love to hear any experiences from Budapest, which districts are the coolest, which attractions, bars/restaurants/clubs you liked etc.
>>
File: 379031.jpg (222KB, 417x625px) Image search: [Google]
379031.jpg
222KB, 417x625px
>>1212246
one week? you'll be in a fucking hurry if you want to spend everything Budapest has to offer into one week. Prague, I've got bored of it after three days, Budapest however will leave you wanting more and more after each day you spend there

for party hostels I'd suggest checking out The Hive, Grandio, Retox, and Extra

downtown Budapest is whatever districts the Nagykörút (Grand Boulevard) encloses - or more simply put, whatever's inside the circle of tramways 4-6
it has most of the city's pubs, party venues, restaurants, museums and landmarks, including the Parliament, the St. Stephen's Basilica, the Dohány street Synagogue, the Royal Palace, Matthias Church, Fisherman's Bastion, the Chain Bridge, Andrássy Avenue, Great Market Hall, the Opera House, Gellért Hill and the Citadel

sights outside the ring worth seeing are the City Park, the Budapest Zoo, the caves of Szemlőhegy and Pál-völgy, Elizabeth viewpoint, Kopaszi-dam, Aquincum, and the amphitheatre in Nagyszombati street

ps.: don't miss out on the many baths of Budapest
Gellért is the most beautiful, while the turkish Király, Veli Bej and Rudas are the most ancient ones
>>
>>1212246
for clubs, check out A38, Akvárium klub, Toldi Klub, Corvin Club, Doboz, Fogas Ház, Beat on the Brat, Instant, Morrison's 2, Szimpla, Gozsdu Courtyard, LARM and Hellobaby

as for pubs, Ellátókert, Élesztő, Csendes, Táskarádió and the ones on the Nagykörút should be on your target

and as far as restaurants go, I can safely recommend Kéhli, Momotaro Ramen, Fióka, Zing Burger, Tuning Burger, Black Cab Burger, Á la Maison Grand, Kiosk, Symbol, Hummus Bar, Pad Thai Wokbar, Arriba Taqueria, Rosenstein, Trófea All You Can Eat Buffet, Soulfood, Sunny Diner and Millenium da Pippo
>>
File: Hungaryball2.png (56KB, 2526x1552px) Image search: [Google]
Hungaryball2.png
56KB, 2526x1552px
>>1212246
If party hostel is your kind of thing then definitely look up Budapest Party Hostels, there's like four of them.
My favorite is Grandio, a bit grungy, but the staff are fun with good atmosphere.
Retox is pretty good as well.
If you haven't heard already, drugs are super illegal, so you can't be smoking weed like you might in Prague.
Hookers are pretty aggressive, too.
>>1212345
This guy's got most of the attractions I've seen and plenty more I haven't.
The only thing I might add is the House of Terror if history or museums are your thing.
>>
>>1212350

Which one of those clubs is more techno oriented? Will visit budapest in a few months, thanks
>>
>>1212388
LARM is the go-to place for techno fans, but sometimes Toldi and Tesla host techno parties as well
>>
I went there a few months ago, and it was top tier.

The food is cheap, the sights grand and life is slow pace, unlike megacities like NYC and London.

I really enjoyed Sir Lancelot, it is a touristy place but very-very good. They bring massive plates of huge chunks of several meat types (the best crispy pork EVER), our had like duck, chicken, veal, pork, lamb, duck, goose all mixed with potatoes, veggies, fruit, cabbage etc.
And people eat it with their hands, which makes it super enjoyable. The place is medieval themed.

The House of Terror (terror haza?) and memento park are also excellent if you are into cold-war era history.
>>
>>1212345
>>1212350
holy shit thats a lot of good information, thank you!

>>1212378
>>1212345

I havent been to a party hostel yet, how exactly do things go there? Do they party at the hostel or go out at night? I dont mind noise but I definitely need some alone time occasionally, and Im not a huge fan of drinking games. Is there a lot of social pressure or will I be good?
>>
>>1212604
I've been to Grandio on three separate occasions and have probably stayed there close to 20 days in total.
They have a pretty decent website, just google budapestpartyhostels, but I can give you my personal account of Grandio.
Grandio is my favorite because the way it was set up last time was very good because it allows for such very open social interaction.
It's not just the party I like, its the social atmosphere, and of course the staff.
Grandio has a courtyard where you can find people throughout the day, as well as a late night room that's often attended when people start coming home after partying.
BPH has five hostels that get together every night for an event so there's always something to do.
Each night of the week is different, like Thursday night party boat or Monday night open mic.
The staff are very knowledgeable in all the things to go do, and will occasionally participate with you.
The best example is if you and 7 others sign up for a beer bike you'll get a staff member to be your bartender.
Beer bike is great for meeting some people because I just put my name on a list of 7 others and proceeded to party.
The party's good, but the hostel itself is cheap as fuck for a reason, its going to feel grungy.
I feel that its part of the "no cares" appeal, but the beds aren't super comfortable, sometimes water in the shower is cold and low pressure.
I could go on about why I love staying at Grandio, but I'll hold unless you want more info.
I might also suggest Vitae, one of the BPH sister hostels that's a bit more chill.
>>
>>1212345
>>1212350
These guys know what's up.
I would add Ankert to the list of great places to go out.
>>
File: budai várhegy.jpg (197KB, 1270x716px) Image search: [Google]
budai várhegy.jpg
197KB, 1270x716px
>>1212246
gonna list you some museums if you feel like going on a culture trip

>Budapest History Museum
situated inside the Royal Palace. pretty big, you can easily spend there 3-4 hours learning about the history of both the city and the castle complex itself

>Parliament
do a tour of one of Europe's most magnificent buildings, see the Holy Crown of Hungary, and watch cool videos about the designing process behind the building

>Hungarian National Museum
big Classicist building from the middle of the 19th century, housing a variety of exhibitons, ranging from 18th century mummies found in the cellar of a church through an extensive look on the millenia old history of the Hungarians to the works of world-renowned Hungarian scientists

>Invisible Exhibition
experience what it's like to be blind while being guided by actual blind people in a pitch black exhibition space imitating the various venues of urban life

>Aquincum Museum
learn about the Roman settlers of the area of present day Budapest and walk through the remains of the ancient Pannonian city

>Pinball Museum
a huge collection of pinball machines - there's no such thing as "no touching" here

>Miniversum
parts of Budapest and other Hungarian towns built in a miniature scale, fun for all ages

>Hospital in the Rock
a WW2 underground hospital-slash-atom bunker turned museum in the Castle District, with wax figures and the bunker's original equipment
>>
Did people really not mention escape rooms?
I mean it ain't no Hungarian invention, but it's a really big deal these days. If you pass one, just try it. Most of them are in English, too.

For lunch I highly highly recommend market hall food.
The great market hall I would only look at for the architecture, there's eg. the Hold utcai between the Parliament and Basilica that has better meals... And then the rest has even better ones.

Avoid eating on Váci utca, it's a TRAP.
Also spend at least half a day doing nothing hanging out at one of the clubs listed above in district 6 or 7 to get the pace of the city.

Oh two more late lunch places: Kisharang étterem on Október 6. utca (Basilica neighborhood again) has the most authentic homely meals I've found thus far. We just randomly ate there with a friend once, as that was the first one where we saw an empty spot... Damn were we blown away. I keep on going back every year to check out the quality, it's still good. My parents also recommend the strudel house (Rétesház) right across the street. Good strudel, and you can see how they make it, too.

Oh wait, avoid eating in the Castle, too... Like they sold us a cheap Hungarian beer there like it was some handcrafted shit, I was laughing too hard at the waiter as he was explaning it in English to my American friends, so I couldn't interrupt the bs to let him know I was Hungarian, and he can cut it. (It was raining very hard, so we couldn't walk for 10 mins to go to Széll Kálmán or Batthyányi tér to get some less overprices stuff.)
>>
>>1212952
will definitely visit some museums, would you rank them in the order you listed them?

>>1212988
>The great market hall I would only look at for the architecture, there's eg. the Hold utcai between the Parliament and Basilica that has better meals... And then the rest has even better ones.

whats the rest? are there that many markets?
>>
>>1213495
There are many more markets than market halls.... Markets inside market halls are probably more interesting for a tourist.
I mean, just looking at youe question, I guess you'll find them interesting. There are 10 at least...? Idk I only found a mixed best of list of markets and market halls online... (look for the map)
http://welovebudapest.com/uzletek.szolgaltatasok/budapest.legjobb.piacai
And i'm lazy to make one, cause for someone just visiting the great market hall, hold utca, maybe rákoczi téri and fény utcai are enough.
(There's klauzál téri, lehet téri, újbudai for sure, and then idk if újpesti, bosnyák téri, csillaghegyi, budafoki, sorolsári úti, etc are in halls or not... oh and my fave the józsefvárosi chinese-vietnamese market including the bestest vietnamese food.)
>>
>>1213495
I'm a sucker for history and architecture, so my top three would look like this:
>1. Budapest History Museum
>2. Aquincum (plus the district's two nearby amphitheatres and the Thermae Maiores under Árpád bridge on the Buda side)
>3. Hungarian National Museum

>>1213495
the Great Market Hall is worth checking out because of its size and wide range of souvenirs, the Hold utcai piac has loads of nice eateries, while the Fény utcai piac (a more modern building) is famous for its nice selection of veggies, fruits and sausage buffets
>>
I've been told that the political situation in Budapest is very hostile towards non-whites right now and I was thinking of visiting during April. Is it a bad idea?
>>
>>1213584
yes
stay away nigger
>>
>>1213584
theres no political situation
budapest is full of foreigners, mainly students and lots of "non whites"
so you have been memed
>>
File: 1482098848184.png (51KB, 199x267px) Image search: [Google]
1482098848184.png
51KB, 199x267px
>>1213584
stay away you fucking brownie
>>
>>1213584
Ide ne merd dugni a pofád te kibaszott nigger féreg.
>>
>>1213607
>>1213609
>>1213612
joke's on you im not middle eastern nor black :^)

>>1213608
sounds like it, thanks!
>>
>>1213614
if you're not a nigger on a goatfucker from a muslim shithole you'll have no problems in Hungary whatsoever
>>
>>1213614
Kutyaevőből is több van mint kéne
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.