[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best bang for buck (USD)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Mony.jpg (22KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
Mony.jpg
22KB, 400x267px
What countries give you the best bang for your buck? (i.e. Are very cheap coming the USA and also aren't currently engaged in active armed conflict?)

Asking from a perspective to travel also to move, so where, with small savings, would be the best place to move to set yourself up to basically be filthy rich (relatively).

My initial thoughts are somewhere in Africa or the Eastern Middle East.
>>
>>1211952
Balkans or Thailand give you a good mix of cheapness and ok infrastructure.
>>
>>1211952
Panama
>>
>>1211952

maybe Turkey
>>
>>1211952
>My initial thoughts are somewhere in Africa
Very big place, Africa. I've spent time in Kenya, Tanzania, and Rwanda (also a night in Burundi, but that was just in transit), all of which are cheaper than the US, but none of which are dirt cheap. The friend I was visiting in Nairobi lives a comfortable but nothing like luxurious lifestyle on a salary in the low $50s. He goes out to eat and drink a lot, but he doesn't have servants or a mansion or anything. You need to consider that anything resembling your lifestyle at home (high speed internet, international food, maybe security/personal safety in some cases, etc...) may cost more than at home. Rwanda was most expensive, but still maybe only 60%-70% the cost of my everyday life in big-city U.S.

I've also got friends who live in Sudan, South Sudan, and Ethiopia, and can say only that the Sudans are war zones (still/again), and Juba S.Sudan is surprisingly expensive--everything is imported, UN budgets have destroyed the local economy (same thing happens when oil companies come to poor placez--expense accounts shoot all prices through the roof.
>or the Eastern Middle East.
Like... Oman? Eastern Iran? Surely not Yemen. Anyhow, I don't think of Oman as all that cheap. UAE certainly isn't. Housing is expensive for expats in oil company country.
>>
You could like a sheikh in Bolivia, Paraguay or Peru
>>
>>1213363
*live like
>>
>>1213747
Ah, damn. Wrong thread:
>>>/an/2279187
>>
>>1211952
I'm from Croatia, and besides the country being pretty nice to look at, it's also very cheap, especially for someone from the US. I had some American friends come over this summer, and they said that the food and drinks are ridiculously cheap, which is true even for locals. Wouldn't know about accomodation though, but you can arrange really low rents fucking anywhere.

That's not to say the country doesn't have its own problems, but it's good enough for at least a tourist visit.
>>
>>1211952
If you want safe, stable and cheap, you look to the rankings that expat retirees want to do for fixed income.
It's usually Panama, Nicaragua, Costa Rica. There's some things to be said for suffering countries like Portugal or Spain, but ehh, you have residency issues without deposits in banks.
Healthcare varies, might consider that carefully.

As far as filthy rich goes? You still need like $1000-2000/mo as an expat most anywhere you wish to be.
>>
File: IMG_1233.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1233.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Morocco is known to be a cheap place, and it's very safe. Quite progressive for a muslim country, and it's easy enough to get a beer if you're a foreigner. You could eat well for as little as $10 (100 dirham) per day. Many French retire therea d I thought it was a nice place to visit but had absolutely no desire to live there.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.