[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /trv/ American /pol/ack here. I am travelling solo to Stockholm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: stockholm-1155x510.jpg (119KB, 1155x510px) Image search: [Google]
stockholm-1155x510.jpg
119KB, 1155x510px
Hey /trv/

American /pol/ack here. I am travelling solo to Stockholm this Spring for five days.

Any advice on places to visit?

How safe is Stockholm?

Anything I should be aware of in regards to cultural norms?

I'd like to visit Copenhagen in the same trip. Would that be feasible and is it a pain to cross borders between Sweden and Denmark?

Really any advice would be awesome. Thank you in advance.
>>
>>1211357
To pre-empt the /pol swine, I'll be the first

Stockholm is safe as fuck
It is snowing right now. Prolly won't be much better until April/May.
Cultural norms: Take off your shoes if you visit people's homes (like in Thailand). Don't be overly confrontational in disagreeing with people. Shake hands a lot.
Most night-clubs are shit.
The hipster density is very high.
Everybody speaks English.

There is absolutely no pain to cross the border between Denmark and Sweden. No real customs checks. You get on the train in Malmö. Get off it in Copenhagen. Feels like any suburban commute.
>>
Remember your not in America anymore. Try to be less loud American but your /pol/ do ain't going to happen.

Standard things apply. Be respectful. You are just a visitor and should not have an opinion or meddle of an another countries political affairs. Do whatever you want outside but inside don't expect people to like you when you try to be a know it all when people live with the reality everyday.
>>
>>1211381
Thank you for your insight. First time visiting Europe and this makes me feel a lot better about travelling there.

I'd like to learn and experience Stockholm and Copenhagen to their fullest. Are there particular places I should visit?
>>
Try not to get triggered if you see a black or arab person. Stockholm is safer than wherever you come from. Enjoy Europe.
>>
>>1211381
>Most night-clubs are shit
Not Op but heading to stockholm/scandi later this year. Is there much of a pub culture over there seen as the night clubs are shite
>>
File: IMG_1437.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1437.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>1211381
This man speaks the truth.

>>1211357
I'd definitely recommend a canoe ride though the canals of stockholm. You can rent boats e.g. at the sjöcafeet.

Another must do is the cafe tram. It is basically an old tram that takes you from the city center to djurgarden (beautiful isle) and back. They sell coffee and pastry in there. It's super cozy and everybody I showed it to loved it.
http://www.djurgardslinjen.se/en/the-line/

For a beautiful view at the Södermalm district sit outside the medusa bar at dusk and grab a cider. (pic related)

You could check out Vaxholm, a small cozy town in the outskirts of Stockholm. Reachable via boat or public transport. It's a nice half day trip.

Apart from that the more touristy sites are also mostly worth a visit. E.g. the saluhall, the city hall and gamla stan.

Worthwhile nightclubs are e.g. Marie Laveau, Slakthuset and Trädgarden / Under Bron. You should also check out Berns once.
IMO the nightlife kinda sucks though. The alcohol prices are off the charts, bouncers are dicks and kick you out if you sit down for a few minutes to rest.

>>1212904
I can't say much about bars but you should check out lappis. It's a huge dorm complex in the north of Stockholm. When I studied there we would just drop by on friday evenings without knowing about any parties and strolled through the dorms listening for music coming out of the houses. We would then just go inside and join the parties, no questions asked. There were at least two or three parties every time we went. And man, the parties were a blast.
Sometimes people sold cheap alcohol from abroad for a little profit. Good times.
>>
>>1212927
I forgot the best bar: Södra teatern. It's actually a theater but in the weekends they open the bar / lounge. From the lounge you get a beautiful view at gamla stan at night.
>>
>>1212928
Mosebacke just next to it has a beer garden too
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.