[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Londonz

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: londons.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
londons.jpg
1B, 486x500px
I have two days in London.
What do?

This is my second time there so I've done some major things like the parliament, the Buckingham palace.
(although if you know a major thing which is pretty legit go on and suggest)

I know the Natural History Museum is pretty dope, so yeah, gonna visit 2nd time.

Also any good places to try authentic british "cuisine"?
>>
>>1211307
go to tottenham and see how long it takes for you to jukked you wasteman
>>
sit in your hotel room until you can go somewhere better.
>>
>>1211307
OP here
Why tho
>>
Science Museum
V&A
Design Museum

Explore more of the city, go to a park, go on a day trip to somewhere

If you want some genuine (not particularly tasty) food, try Weather spoons. Get yourself a pint of John Smith and enjoy it's shitness.
>>
If you like old books, check out the British Library's display room. It's about a 10 minute walk from the British Museum.
If you're interested in the British imperial era, the V&A Museum will blow your socks off.
>>
>>1211307
Authentic British cuisine? Take the River Bus to Greenwich and visit Goddard's for some pie, mash and eel m8
>>
File: pepe rage (3).jpg (39KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
pepe rage (3).jpg
39KB, 384x384px
>>1212903
>tfw you visit their website and there aren't prices on their menu
REEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>1212987
§§trv protip alert§§
go to google image search
name of restaurant + menu (+ name of the branch if it's a chain)

it might not be up to date, but it will give you a generic idea about the price range.

even better: when you go there, take a pic of the menu, and post it on some shitty site like tripadvisor or yelp or whatever, to help everyone else
>>
>>1212987
It's not too expensive. Order pie, mash and gravy, and get a side bowl of hot eels in liquor (a parsley sauce, not booze) and wash it all down with a cup of tea. Should cost around £10
>>
>>1212987
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogfyJICT9aI

Don't bother wasting your time and money. It's gutter tier "food"

You're in London. Literally the only good thing about the city is the variety of cuisine, so the LAST thing you want to eat is traditional English slop.
>>
>>1213126
>>1212987
OP here
I am actually back from my trip to London and showing trust to a 4chan stranger I went to Goddard's.

Actually the place was pretty ok, the staff was friendly.
The food was decent, like I've never tasted anything like jellied eels before lol. (actual went for the cold ones, didn't see your recommendations). i guess its kinda unique
Pies were good, portions large, dessert real nice and value excellent. fed 2 people with 18 pounds.
I mean i was looking for traditional newspaper fish and chips in london and everyone did it gourmet style charging 12.95 pounds for friend cod and potatoes? rly?

So it was delightful to find a place with good food and great prices offering English food

Also went to greenwich prime meridian since it was close and took some good pics

so thnx for the recommendation m8 you made my trip better
>>
British food is shit tier.Avoid
>>
>>1214916
>Full english
>Roast dinner with yorkshire puds (very important)
>FIsh n chips
>Bacon buttie
>Scones/crumpets

Set for life
>>
>>1211307
I'm going for 5 days in about a month. Can't wait.
>>
>>1211307
>Also any good places to try authentic british "cuisine"?
You'll want a good, traditional pub that serves steak & ale pie. Unfortunately you won't find many of those in London, most of them are out in the sticks in the middle of nowhere.
>>
>>1214913
And if you want good fish & chips you need to be at the seaside. Again you won't find any of that in a city like London.
>>
Same here. This year I'm gonna visit London for a week or so. It's gonna be my first time abroad. Hopefully all the places I want to visit aren't too far away from each other (I know British Museum and Museum of Natural History are pretty close).
I guess I should buy that Oyster Card.
>>
>>1211307
>authentic british "cuisine"?

Covent Garden market has a pretty good pie shop
>>
>>1214913

Fish and Chips are like Kebab shops.

The quality of the food is often the inverse of the quality of the place serving it.

A dingy fish and chip place with a few small tables with a giant jar of pickled onions on it? That's going to give you proper fish and chips (of course sometimes they can give shit food too). Pretty much nowhere sells fish and chips in newspaper any more, not even fake newspaper. A sign that you're getting proper fish and chips is that when someone has it wrapped in several layers of paper, you can still see it going transparent. It's also worth trying out salt and vinegar on them at least once (understand malt vinegar is pretty unpopular outside the UK but it's great on chips).

A place that looks like a good, clean restaurant? You're going to get a shitty piece of oven cooked frozen cod, maybe with 7 chips arranged neatly in a mini fry basket and drinks sold in 'jam jars' with handles.

As others have said, you'll get more choice for fish and chips in a seaside place like Brighton (train journey away from London).

Also for a taste of what British people eat, not necessarily British food, Try out a nice Indian Restaurant and if you're walking back from somewhere hungry, get a doner kebab, they look greasy and disgusting but they're extremely nice. Don't be afraid of getting them from a grubby looking place with dodgy Turkish people.

One last thing no one has recommended yet is a Carvery. They do a selection of roast meats (typically pork, turkey and beef) you ask for some slices of the meat you want and serve up your own vegetables from a selection. They're about as typical of a UK roast as you can get. If you get turkey, be sure to try bread sauce out if they do it.
>>
>>1215557
Very well thought a good post
Keep making /trv/ worthwhile
>>1215499
I got that card, it was 25 pounds per person for 3 days of underground access. At the end you can refund/give it back. I got like 11 pounds back so yeah that was an airport meal.
>>
How strict are the drug laws in london? And where can i get mist likely something to smoke
>>
>>1216479
try your lock with the undercover cops and nig..black men on camden bridge
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.