[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I will be in Kiev for 10 days, and I want to spend 4 days in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: 18k07d6p0yuukjpg.jpg (939KB, 1200x700px) Image search: [Google]
18k07d6p0yuukjpg.jpg
939KB, 1200x700px
I will be in Kiev for 10 days, and I want to spend 4 days in another city, which of these cities would you guys pick?

>Istanbul
>Minsk
>Lviv
>Tbilisi
>Odessa
>>
File: belarus.jpg (22KB, 780x439px) Image search: [Google]
belarus.jpg
22KB, 780x439px
>>1210737
Minsk. Apparently, Belarus recently lifted some provisions regarding their visa policies, making it cheaper to travel there.

You should be able to enter the country visa free by the 10th and can stay up to 5 days without needing to pay any fees.

I don't know whether or not this only applies to those flying in or not. This is probably the best chance for people to visit the country in a long while.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/belarus-scraps-visas-short-term-visits-174004851.html
>>
>>1210754
Belarus is pretty boring IMO. if it were me I'd fly to Istanbul as it would be 100% different culturally and it is one of the top cities in the world to visit.
>>
>>1210737
If it can only be one, Istanbul for sure and by far.
The vibe, the architecture, the food, the scenery, the hamams, I can go on... It's great.
All of them are great, but Istanbul has the most to offer I think.

But I mean, if you want to experience more of the Ukraine, that can be more fun, just getting shitfaced with the locals...
>>
Odessa, I spent 30 days there, good city
>>
>>1210887
>>1210872
I'm sorry but I fucking hated Istanbul worst city I have ever been to, also the only Muslim city I have ever visited and as a result I have no desire to visit any more.
>>
File: Tbilisi.jpg (399KB, 1920x1279px) Image search: [Google]
Tbilisi.jpg
399KB, 1920x1279px
Try Tbilisi. I Spend great time there
>>
>>1210900
Hahahahha you saw the hagia sophia and had an attack of autism because it wasn't a church didn't you?
>>
>>1210949
No, the people were just shit. Ive been to mainland Europe and All over Asia and never before have I felt so uncomfortable by the men (female anon). Perhaps it was all in my head, but I can say I have not felt that way anywhere else.
>>
Tbilisi, friendly people, great food, great wine, picturesque architecture, stunning landscape
>>
>>1210960
Have you been to India? Kazakhstan?

Another girl here, some weird experiences from Istanbul:
- staring, staring everywhere
- a seller at a market made pretty direct remarks that he wanted to fuck me ("hahahaha you're funny, now give me that tea cup set"), I failed to haggle, so he gave the cups to me for half the price even without haggling
- someone randomly introducing themselves with a long handshake with a finger stroking my hand (he saw on my face that I wasn't having his shit, so he moved on)
- free tea
- offers for free tea right after I got free tea at another place, I was full, so couldn't take it
- guys on the street telling me they loved me

There were a select few who were actually hot, but I ain't going anywhere with a random guy off the street...
(The moment I covered my head with a scarf, they stopped btw, I was just lazy to cover my head most of the time.)
>>
>>1210960
>Be a woman
>Travel alone to a muslim country
>Travel alone to India after all gang-rape reports
Come on...
>>
>>1211198
To be fair all she said was she hated Istanbul, which is lauded by many progressives as a the "must see" islamic city because it is so western (its not). Its like like she complained about the dress policy of Jeddah.
>>
>>1210754
I would definitely 100% avoid Minsk.

It is only visa-free if you are from a country that has an agreement (many of which were recently arranged).
The new agreements are only valid for people who fly into Minsk. Either way, there's not very much to do there.

I would recommend the following in order -- but keep in mind, some don't need 4 whole days:
>Lviv
>Odesa
>Tbilisi
>Istanbul
>Minsk
>>
>>1210737

Minsk as no one goes there and it's the closest thing to a Soviet city you'll likely see.
>>
>>1211300
>Minsk as no one goes there and it's the closest thing to a Soviet city you'll likely see.
Tiraspol would be the better choice if those two things are what OP wants.
>>
>>1210737

Istanbul is one of the worst traveling experience I have gain so far. Given the options I would pick Minsk or Tbilisi.
>>
>>1211309
What is there to actually *do* in Tiraspol? I've read about it but it honestly seems very boring.
>>
>>1211367
Literally nothing.
>>
>>1211541
I went for the passport stamp and the fuckers didn't even stamp it.
>>
I've been to all of these cities this year aside from Minsk. I hitchhiked from Warsaw to Tbilisi going through Lviv, Kyiv, Odessa, Istanbul.

Love or hate Istanbul, I would recommend going there either way. It probably has about 20 million people unofficially and if you've never been in such a big city that fact alone is worth going there. I drove into Istanbul by car from the West and it seemed like I drove through 30 min of city before I even saw a sign saying welcome to Istanbul. It's absolutely massive.

It's also very different culturally than any of the other cities. It's the only Islamic city out of these and will offer the biggest contrast.

If for some reason Istanbul is not an option, I would recommend Tbilisi.
>>
Odessa is great, go there
Alternatively, Tbilisi. Definitely pick it over Istanbul, it is far more interesting
>>
>>1211147

>complains like fuck
>oh, I could have fixed it easily but I chose not to

fucking women, seriously
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.