[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This film has made me want to go to LA how disappointed will I be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_1757.jpg (219KB, 1012x1500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1757.jpg
219KB, 1012x1500px
This film has made me want to go to LA

how disappointed will I be
>>
Extremely
>>
>>1210158
This
>>
>>1210149
>>1210158
>>
>>1210158
Why
>>
>>1210302
Lalaland is not a portrayal of the real LA. It is a romanticized idea and will leave you with too many expectations you probably wont fulfill without extensive and personal knowledge of the city.
>>
>>1210149
I live near there and I have been there atleast more than 10 times, it is shit and a tourism meme that travel ads and hollywood made up.
>>
>>1210149
Remember the scene where they are flying around in the observatory?

Yeah. No.

It is never that empty.
>>
>>1210366
No shit, they broke into the observatory after hours in the movie.
>>
File: Lúcifer.jpg (111KB, 1120x480px) Image search: [Google]
Lúcifer.jpg
111KB, 1120x480px
Shit, OP, i've felt the same thing. But I guess it would be pretty shitty in reality. I mean, you're not going there to try and be a celebrity and try to make high score, so how similar to the movie can it be?

Must be pretty amazing to go there as an actor, tho.
>>
>>1210370
Still never that empty. Even after hours. Trust me.
>>
>>1210149
>This film has made me want to go to LA
that's honestly an amazing accomplishment

LA is the biggest shithole in the united states, only detroit is probably worse
>>
>>1210302
Because the city has not much to offer unless you go there with your 7-14 year old kids for the theme parks.

>downtown is a hobo wasteland after business hours
>the sights like hollywood walk of fame, china town and rodeo drive can be done in a day
>what is left is endless traffic collapses you can't escape, the beverly center a mall just with higher quality shops, Santa Monica pier/third street promenade and some ok but not spectacular beaches.
>>
>>1210149
Los Angeles is basically an expensive Mexico City
>>
>>1210370
Observatory is hella packed even after hours. Lalaland is a good movie but its another pretentious douchey ficticious portrayl of LA.

If you want Lalaland visit the Westside bubble
>>
You are more than welcome to come fuck shit up.

LA needs to explode.
>>
>>1210149
I went there for a weekend and had my fill.
I suggest you do the same to get it out of your system.
>>
>>1210394
>he forgot about the Pacific Coast highway
C'mon anon
>>
>>1210158
this
The city itself sucks. there are some decent areas outside of it though.
I was planning to move out to 'make it' like fucking everyone does and I'm so glad I didn't. It's shit.
>>
>>1211402
>pacific coast highway
>LA
The most scenic parts are hours away desu
>>
I'm staying in LA with a foreign friend and we are going to do all the touristy shit she wants to do. Our BNB in literally on the walk of fame and I plan to uber everywhere since I do not feel like driving in that shitty traffic and terrible streets. What am I in for? How cheap it is to uber around LA?
>>
>>1210149
Very.
>>
LA is one of the worst places to visit, and one of the best places to live.
>>
>>1211661
I agree with half of your statement
>>
would i get a qt emma stone gf if i moved to LA

serious question
>>
>>1210149
LA native here. Unless you meet up with a good group of friends that know the city and can show you a good time around town, you're gonna have a shit time by yourself.
>>
Go on the Passage bike ride thru the city at night, hike Mt Baldy, check out the museum of Jurassic technology, and get real Chinese food in the SGV. Do NOT go to Little tokyo, LA Chinatown
>>
>>1210149
Depends what you want to do.

Want to eat at great restaurants? Sure, theres plety of those. Maybe see a band you like at one iof LAs many great venues. Griffith Park and the Griffith Observatory were featured in the movie, and yes while theyre beautiful locations, they are crowded. However, griffith is so huge that if you did want to find somewhere to be alone, you totally could. Next year weed will be legal to purchase so theres that. Plenty of great bars, some really beautiful spaces in downtown. Then youve got the beach, if you want to go there, Venice Beach is crawling with tourists but its a fun place to go, you can walk to Santa Monica from it if you wanted. Santa Monica is pretty upscale. Downtown is big and growing rapidly, you could see a Lakers game if you wanted, then walk around the city, which is dense, and filled with restaurants, shops and clubs. Downtown has its frontier however, so if you wander into skidrow, expect to get stabbed by a crazy homeless person.

Theres the LACMA, MOCA, Broad and Getty Museums, if you like museums, with the Getty Villa in Malibu. There are a variety of other smaller museums as well. Hollywood exists but I dont understand why people really like it, there are restaurants and clubs in the area you can go to, but Hollywood is pretty pointless to visit. Theres Disneyland, if youre into that, Universal Studios, which sucks dick, and then Six Flags Magic Mountain about an hour north, which is easily one of the top three roller coaster parks in the world.

I think what makes LA a terrible place to visit is the sheer distance between everything. Its great living here though, and I have really nothing but positive experiences with the people. There isnt really this egoistic attitude like you see in SF, its a really laid back place. Also, you will sit in traffic if you leave anywhere at rush hour. Youll likely sit in traffic somewhere regardless, but rush hour is hell.
>>
File: IMG_6921.jpg (113KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6921.jpg
113KB, 720x1280px
>>1211677
Serious answer

Yes.

The state of California will assign you a gf that is at least as hot as Emma stone.

All these posters are shitting on LA because they just to keep you away
>>
honestly LA is way better than this piece of shit film makes it out to be. it is grittier though.
>>
File: IMG_1901.jpg (85KB, 789x510px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1901.jpg
85KB, 789x510px
>>1211734
The more visitors complain about this city, the longer it stays real and relatively affordable. The yuppies have already gentrified NOLA and are in the process of fucking over Detroit. NYC and SF are downright sterile now.
>>
>>1211402
>PCH
>good
you mean like la jolla and escondido or sonoma county? I live in LA and I wouldn't recommend people to vacation here. Haven't seen lalaland though
>>1211661
damn this guy said it right
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.