[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sealand!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0082.png (21KB, 1184x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0082.png
21KB, 1184x800px
I know Sealand is popular on the internet and with geography/quirky politics nerds. I just moved about an hour from the closest point to it on the coast, but there's zero info about tours.

Any of you anons know anything? Boats that take you up to it? Even novelty stores on the beach around it?
>>
If they would speak Esperanto as the official language, they'd be perfect.
>>
>>1210048
Meh, I heard New Sealand is better. Apparently it's just off the coast of Australia
>>
>>1210048
>Sealand
That is just some stupid gimmick for one family to make some money. It's literally useless and on the same level as those sites that sell you land on the moon.
>>
>>1210097
Haven't they been living there for 50 years in September? It's in international waters
>>
>>1210113
>It's in international waters
Not true
>>
>>1210145
I mean it's not exactly like we're debating Israel/Palestine here, I just want to get up close to an angry British family that told the government off for the past 50 years
>>
I just got a quote on it, after talking to someone close with them. They say a tour could cost about £500. I'm still getting a little more info on how long the tour could take, and it might be a couple months because I have to save a little (spending everything on cars and stuff now that I just moved in) but you can bet I'm going if they'll take me.

What should I ask them? I'll make a video and post it here when's i'm done lads
>>
>>1210281
you realize it's just an abandoned drilling platform, right? What exactly do you expect to see there?
>>
>>1210282
Idk it's just more fun to me than a trip to France or something, can't be around for too much longer with the rusting pillars and aging family.

I'm also into coin collecting and amateur radio; The micronation was set up as a pirate transmitter that was untouchable because it was in international waters at the time, and it mints its own cash. I just think it's a unique trip desu
>>
I like this idea, anon. Not many people get to go there and even if it's a gimmick country, it's still got a bad ass history.
>>
File: IMG_0110.png (330KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0110.png
330KB, 750x1334px
I'm kind of looking into their history, decades ago there was a German dude who hired mercenaries to take the son hostage and control the island, but the royal family ripped the doors off a helicopter and roped down holding them at gunpoint.

The Germans still maintain a website as the exile government.

It's awful now-Nazi-ish

>Jews
>filing cases against German politicians
>Vril energy
>Thule exists

They sound like /pol/ with the nazi shit, and Sealand sounds like /int/.

Speaking of which don't they have their own internet connection? Pretty dope if I could post the Sealand flag on /int/
>>
1. roll up in a boat with your crew at dawn
2. start streaming live feed of the birth of your new nation
3. silently scale the cylindrical bases
4. take this motherfucker over
5. send inhabitants back on another boat
6. raise new sealand flag
7. announce your new vision to the world live
8. kill off your accomplices
9. ????
10. PROFIT
>>
>>1210091
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAAAAAAAAAAAH

FUCK
>>
>>1210317
>Pretty dope if I could post the Sealand flag on /int/
Doesn't exist. Flags on /int/ comes from ISP's and top level domains, and Sealand has neither. You'd just get the British or the Unknown flag, I think. Would still be pretty cool if you made a thread from there though.
>>
What is the point of going there?

It's an old, extremely tiny oil platform in the middle of the sea and once you go there you will have literally nothing to do.
>>
>>1210712
DESU you guys are really talking me out of it but I still think it's quirky in terms of politics and history, haters gonna hate.
>>
>>1210713
Sure, but if you are really interested in that stuff you should go to a meaningful (legitimate) micronation -- Andorra, San Marino, or the Vatican.
>>
>>1210716
I'm in Europe for the next few years so I plan on it. All those nations are recognized, though. Separatism is interesting to me, and a subset of that is the quirky places that did it sort of tongue-in-cheek to give the finger to the government

>Republic of Uzupis
>Molossia
>Sealand
>Conch Republic
>>
Sealandgov.org is their official site you can email them a request to visit
>>
>>1210719
Transnistria is in Europe, and not recognized by almost anyone.
>>
>>1210799
That was one of my plans, but I'm stationed over here and I'd have to do some paperwork first to be sure it was even allowed. If it were possible I'd plan on September, their independence parade. Yee I watched Places That Don't Exist, me gusta
>>
>>1210893
Are you American? If you are allowed to travel to Moldova (which you are, visa wise), you can just take a bus or train to Tiraspol. There's no passport control between the two, at least there used not to be.
>>
>>1211034
I'll need to check at the travel office but I seriously doubt it. I've heard rumors of people wanting to see Chernobyl and it takes them six months to get approved to go to the Ukraine, which just isn't practical honestly. Tiraspol and Comrat are on my list, though.

Places like Molossia, Sealand and Uzupis though are fun because it's fiercely independent without violence and more of a social experiment.
>>
>>1211046
Lol, who do you need permission from? Who says you can't just travel? Both Ukraine and Moldova has visa on arrival for Americans.
>>
>>1211051
I'm military senpai
>>
>>1211046
>it's fiercely independent without violence and more of a social experiment.
Actually, it's just autism
>>
>>1211034
When was this? I went to Transnistria 2 years ago and there definitely was a passport control both in and out.
>>
>>1210048
They will rape and dismember you then use the chunks as chum.
>>
>>1210282
>an abandoned drilling platform

Not to be pedantic but it was a WWII defence structure.
>>
£500 for a few hours including transport talk me out of this lads
>>
>>1211204
Stop smoking for a month and you'll have saved enough
>>
>>1211206
Si the plan is to save a little on food and I should be golden the weekend after I get paid on the 15th. I'm tempted but I won't get my passport stamped, maybe just in a notebook. Expect me to shitpost about it back here lads
>>
>In the exceptional case that a [visa] request is judged favourable, an application for visitors visa form will be forwarded from the Bureau to the intended applicant and following its return by post by the applicant will then form the formal request for further detailed consideration. Successful applicants will be sent a visa to be produced to Sealand Immigration before travel to the Principality and full details of other arrangements appropriate to the visit will be included in the mailing.
Sounds like some DRC kind of shit, man.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.