[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Social Media Accounts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: unnamed.png (67KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
67KB, 300x300px
Do you guys have any social Media Accounts exclusively for traveling? Like Instagram, Facebook, a Blog or similar stuff.
If yes, how many followers do you have and has it been helpful in any ways or do you just use it so Friends and Family can keep up with you?
>>
>>1209822
No, social media is for narcissists, women and queers
>>
>>1209934
I know that /trv is a bit different but if 4chan isn't full of narcissists and queers i dont know anymore
>>
I post my traveling stuff on my normal fb. I don't post much else on it so it's almost like my travel blog.
>>
>>1209822
I don't use social media shit at all. Tried it when fagbook became a thing and got tired of all the passive aggressive shit from people in no time
>durr how can you afford to travel every weekend?
>why do you go to x for 2 days? it's a waste of money and the environment hurr durr think about it you Co2 nazi
>How can you afford flying business/first class all the time? durr I'm soooo jelly gonna kill myself
> why are you always traveling? I'm too retarded to book a ticket so fuck you
>hurr airline status is racis, I only fly once a year and never get Platinum/Senator status, why do you get it???
>hurr I can't afford food and you travel the globe, duuuuurrrrr you literally hitler, gimme some moneyz !!!!!!
Deleted it 7 years ago and never looked back.
>>
I use Instagram for serious photography (around 1.9k followers) and Snapchat for day-to-day shitposting (maybe around 30-40 friends on there).

Facebook every now and then for a major update so more of my friends can see it
>>
>>1209996
Well that is exactly the reason why i asked that question. But i was thinking about it in a more positive Kind of way.

I have the Feeling that i annoying people with stories and pictures of traveling in my normal Profile so i thought why not create one just for that purpose and everyone who is interested can follow.
>>
>>1210007
I have a feeling most people dont give a shit or resent you for traveling because they are jelous, or just dont care about your life in general. Seems like a real waste of your time chasing likes and approval from boring fags.

Just do what u want and who cares if other people like or dont like it, aslong as your family know your still alive or whatever your goal is.
>>
>>1210094
Fucking this.
I used to post some shit on fb once in a while from my travels, but stopped altogehter several months ago.
I keep in touch with people who are interested or who I genuinely like, this is one of few reasons I keep fb (and my main news source + grills).

I was thinking about creating a fb fanpage with my writing stuff + some photos , but I don't have time to write down stuff, as I'm working and travelling. So.. maybe one day.
>>
>>1210007
If I could detach the account 100% from my persona I would do it, as it's fun to share pics with interested people but the risk of getting it compromised by chance is not worth it.

I evaluated it and I can't do it not even under a pseudonym as a stupid marking on a drunk pic by jhonny nobody I got to know that night (they happen to everyone) could compromise my integrity and career.
>I either have to lie to anyone I know or completely lie on social media and can't even cover any easily trackable event I attend.
that's why I ditched any and all social media as I don't want to discuss my private live and travel habits with any coworker, client, former client or a friend of a friend of a friend.

If you can pull it off and nobody cares, go for it. Else think twice, the internet dosen't forget and a few likes are not worth it.
>>
I use FB for easy way to let family know I'm safe. I also have a travel blog on travelpod to note more extensive stories and photos.
>>
I just use it to maintain normie status, so should you
>>
I travel a lot so I created an Instagram page to post my photos from the traveling. It was partly to create a page for people who were interested but also to almost act as a digital memory album thats easily accessable that I can look back on from time to time. Its quite to update and I now have a little over 2k followers.

Id say its made my travelling more fun, but I wouldn't say I have many friends on there, its mostly strangers and a couple of friends like the ones I go with as it acts as a personal memory we can all share.

Im one for taking a lot of pictures on vacation too, so this is a plus. Id say go for it, it cant hurt...

(pic related - my instagram)
>>
I made a travel instagram separate from my real one to just dump photos. IDK if I should share but I did get my phone stolen at one point and it was nice to look back at my travel insta and have all my photos chronologically and neatly laid out.
>>
>>1209980
thats a pretty good point
>>
Yup I made a travel blog for my upcoming trip to Europe in a month. Mostly for friends and family who give a shit, and like
>>1210765
said, I think it'll be a nice journal thing to look back on in the future.

While we're on the topic, follow my travel blog

https://anassholeineurope.travel.blog/
>>
>>1210765
What a terrible excuse. Just get your photos to auto upload to dropbox/google drive etc, it's the same exact thing. I don't mind people wanting to share photos of their travels, but at least own that that's what you're doing.
>>
Snapchat is my preferred thing, it means that if somebody isn't interested in your spamming of your holiday pictures they can just not click on your story, but for my siblings and close friends who are, they can follow it on any given day as much or as little as they want.
>>
>>1211112
>>1211114
>>1211115
woah man you fucked up
>>
>>1211119
Ha, can usually get away with that on /trv/ since nobody is here. Weren't even differences worth changing, oh well.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.