[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Move to the midwest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: move.png (1MB, 944x652px) Image search: [Google]
move.png
1MB, 944x652px
This is where i'd like to move based upon climate/weather.

The black indicates acceptable, and red indicates desirable.

Any advice/suggestions and or redpills/knowledge for me anons? -- I have two AA degrees that relate to the outdoors, as well as 4 years experience on the job, which is why i hope to move to the region.

Thanks in advance contributors
>>
>>1209612
>i want to move to the midwest based on climate/weather
0/10 b8
>>
>>1209614
Let me make an amendment.

I want to move to the midwest based upon laws and culture, demographics and ideology.

The red/black ovals just representatives of the areas that have the traits that i desire to live in, that also don't get too freakin` humid.

I'd love to live in the deep south, but i can't get that humid and hot for too long.
>>
>>1209612
>The black indicates acceptable, and red indicates desirable.
Well this is a first
>>
>>1209618
Translation: i want to move to an area where the median age is 60 and the only think for miles is a wal mart just because the area is 90% white
>>
Lol this guy is an overachiever
>>
I lived in Michigan for 2 years and I did not like the climate.
Well, more power to you if you are dead set on it.

If you have 2 degrees that relate to the outdoors, why not Alaska or the Western states?
>>
>>1209612
>based upon climate/weather.
lol @ anon
I sell snowmobile parts. This area is my bread and butter
>>
>>1209644
um, you're not going to find that there

Try Wyoming or Idaho.

wait actually fuck off we're full autist.
>>
>>1209612
Move to St. Louis.You'll love it there
>>
>>1209697
The rural midwest is 95% white though the only reason their state percentages are lower is because outlying cities. Where OP wants to move is probably whiter than wyoming
>>
>>1209612
I hope you like slushy roads, no culture and stupid white old people
>>
kentucky is not the midwest
>>
>>1209612
If you want white people and a cool climate why don't you move to Europe instead of the fucking midwest? It's a shithole.
>>
You do realize that everyone who actually lives in your target area would kill to move the fuck out of there, right?
>>
>>1209612
Move to rural finland or something it has all the positives you want but without the 3rd world living standards
>>
>>1209612
Red loop here
I think you're making a mistake. I'm not sure what you're looking for but come on and find out.
>>
The Mississippi and Ohio rivers routinely flood every Spring and the flood plains can stretch for miles in every direction.

Also, the Winters in the Midwest suck.
>>
File: 02.png (1MB, 1000x1401px) Image search: [Google]
02.png
1MB, 1000x1401px
>>1210198
>>1209942
>>1209920
OP here

I want to move to the midwest because i live on the west coast.
Where i live a cheap 1 bedroom apartment in a bad neighborhood is 1600$ a month.
>>
>>1210213
>anime girl
Oh so its bait
>>
>>1209612
This is weird bait, I assume. But giving you the benefit of the doubt, if you like cities at all (presumably you don't, since the oval of desirability contains barely one of them), St. Louis is actually quite cool--much better than I was expecting. And by my standards, at least, it's insanely cheap, but my standards are insane (I live in San Motherfucking Francisco, so pretty much anywhere is cheaper). Has a good assortment of cultural and entertainment options, some diversity, and OK climate. Some snow, yeah, but it's far enough South that it's not weeks below zero every year.

I lived for a few years in the otherwise very enjoyable big town/small city of Madison, WI, and the winters sapped my will to live. It's also cheap compared to California.
>>
>>1209815
Except for Louisville, which 100% is
>>
Another vote for St Louis. Cool city n cheap as hell.
>>
>>1209612
Hey OP,

I live in northern Indiana and used to live in Michigan. Are you wanting to live in a city or more in the country? Do you want rugged terrain or mostly flat? Do you want something dirt cheap or more classy? Is there an industry that you want to work in?

I would recommend Bloomington Indiana. It's a good sized hippie/college town. There's a large lake and nature preserve near by. Good economy right now, with lots of small businesses.

I think Bloomington combines all the things you want: low cost, nice, vibrant community, good ecology, not too humid and not too snowy.
>>
File: 1484133594456.jpg (356KB, 1368x1900px) Image search: [Google]
1484133594456.jpg
356KB, 1368x1900px
>>1210321
Thanks
>>1210756
ok
>>1210880
Country.

I prefer rugged but i can live in the flat lands

Cheap.

I want to get a job in a national park or forest service. Maybe game warden down the line.

Thanks for the quality post.
>>
>>1209697

You've never been to that area of the country then. It's definitely very rural and very white.
>>
>>1209612

I was born and raised in the red area (Western KY). Moved away for college and never went back. OP, I think even though you might find the ideology and beliefs of the majority of the people suitable to you, you'll still struggle if you try to move there. These are rural places where families have been there for generations and generations. They get very few outsiders coming in and probably don't know what to do with them. Choose your location wisely. I wouldn't go too small.
>>
File: 1484355677591.jpg (81KB, 776x938px) Image search: [Google]
1484355677591.jpg
81KB, 776x938px
>>1211022
Well i dunno where you went to college but where i live is becoming increasingly destabilized.

I'll take ostracization in a small livable town over 1600$/month rent in a heroin riddled, gang war zone.
>>
>>1209612
I've spent most of my life in the red circle in Southern IL, Western KY, and Louisville. The climate sucks - hot, muggy summers and fairly cold winters. Living costs are indeed quite low, and it is not hard to find a decent place to live at a reasonable price here. Small towns can be backwards and full of retard locals, but the claims of "third world" living standards are totally outlandish excluding a few places in far eastern KY perhaps. Bigger cities here include St Louis, Cincinnati, Indianapolis, and Louisville, and Nashville if you are willing to bump your ideal area about 80 km south. These are all reasonable places to live, and you can live quite comfortably in a smallish town for very little.
>>
>>1211100

I didn't end up staying in my college town. Now live in a major city. I'm not trying to talk you out of moving to that area. There's some good places to raise a family. I just think if you go too small, you'll be bored and your kids will end up meth users.
>>
I would Suggest moving to Lexington KY. I grew up there and the climate is very good. the city is also a very cultural area. IMO Lexington is pretty lit
>>
File: 1484281815619.jpg (89KB, 724x1023px) Image search: [Google]
1484281815619.jpg
89KB, 724x1023px
>>1211104
thanks for the quality post.
>>1211269
> I just think if you go too small, you'll be bored and your kids will end up meth users.
ah understood....
>>1211283
sweet! thanks
>>
Why do you need to move somewhere else to stay inside and post on /pol/? You can do that where you live now.

Anyway, the red circle in your pic is one of the shittiest parts of the country, no good cities and the nature is shit, it's all farms and totally flat. It's also really run down and on the decline, people are moving away from there since it's shit in every way unless you're a successful farmer.
>>
>>1209612
I've spent almost my entire life in the center of your black circle. A few of my relatives live in the red circle so I've been there a lot as well.

I don't know specifically what you're looking for, the outdoors is definitely pretty great down there. At least compared to Central IL. The climate is basically what you'd expect; hot summers, cold winters. It's not that humid. Less cold winters the further south you go, obviously. The culture is pretty Republican white, especially the further you go from St. Louis/Chicago. Lots of hunting, trucks, etc. I don't think it's as poor as economically poor as like Alabama though.

Maybe it's just because I've lived here for so long but it's a pretty average area. I can answer specific questions if you want I guess.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.