[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Meso/South America

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: vene-MMAP-md.png (83KB, 1036x733px) Image search: [Google]
vene-MMAP-md.png
83KB, 1036x733px
I'm looking to do a trip over the summer going from Suriname into the Central American peninsula and ending in the northwest of Mexico. I would preferably spend a good chunk of time in Columbia and Venezuela. Has anyone recently visited these countries and how was the experience overall? I'm aware of the safety concerns in general but am looking to check out hands on experiences.
>>
Do NOT go to Venezuela.

I've been planning to go there for a past year, waiting for a situation to calm down, but it's getting worse and worse.
Unless you're a Latin guy who speaks Spanish, you WILL be robbed and probably killed, as there is literal anarchy there, little police and soldiers and lots of guns - I talked with several Venezuelans over the past month, and all of them definitely said that situation there is fucked up. Some people say it's only in larger cities, but I somehow doubt you will be able to avoid some problems.
But it's up to you.
>>
Been to Colombia a couple times.. loved it.
Santa Marta is kinda a shithole, but its a good jump off point for some cool places...
Cartagena is incredible, and Minca was a nice place to relax and hike
>>
>>1209195
I appreciate the advice, didn't expect anything helpful on 4chan to be honest. I think I'm going to continue research before making a decision but your opinion seems to be pretty widespread. Any experience going in or out of the country on land?
>>
>>1209207
>>1209207
>Cartagena is incredible
Not OP but what did you like about the city?

Spent there a week, was the largest hooker town I've seen in my life and I've been in plenty of bad places.
>>
>>1209219
ha, yeah there is a seedy hooker drug infested vibe there. I was there in Nov, and it was their independence day, so it was a week of carnival and partys in the street, music and just all around crazyness. Ill give you that its not for everyone..
>>
>>1209195
I can be batman?
>>
>>1209189
>going to Venezuela on purpose

Honestly you'd be safer in Liberia. Some of their beaches are untouched, if you want to do something truly adventurous yet not suicidal it's an option.
>>
>>1209218
>Any experience going in or out of the country on land?
No experience but it's probably like everywhere in the world. Shouldn't be the problem, just check VISA requirements (maybe USA and Japan have some issues).
Once gain, that's probably a very bad idea, but it's your life man.

>>1209246
Of course during the carnival and party time it was fun. I was there in June or July (don't remember) and it was just a "normal" town. With coke on every corner and hookers everywhere.

>>1209258
what

>>1209304
Truth.
>>
>>1209189

I haven't done much research but could you consider entering Venezuela from Guyana or Brazil? That way you could spend some time around Roraima NP or Angel Falls if that's your thing. I imagine it could then be a hassle--but very inexpensive if you can arrange it in bolivares--to then arrange a domestic flight up to Caracas and onward to Colombia. Possibly stopping in Los Roques which might not be experiencing as much turmoil as other parts of the country. All speculation.

General consensus still indicates it's best to avoid Venezuela for now.

It is also worth considering just nixing that as well as the three Caribbean countries and just really focus on Colombia as a starting point (international airfare between anyone of them and Bogota is going to be pretty expensive if memory serves). I don't know what your timeline is but Colombia has enough to offer for at least a few months.
>>
>>1209218
Venezuela has no medicine or good medical facilities. You are risking your life just by walking in.
>>
>>1209189
I'm tortured by the fact Venezuela is full of the hottest prostis, but it's a complete fucking death trap.

A friend of mine is now an illegal immigrant because he does not want to return to Venezuela following his student visa. Apparently despite the fact that he's a VZ local and a pretty damn big guy he was kidnapped and suffered a very traumatizing experience there. The fact that he refuses to return despite having grown up there is all I need to know.
>>
>>1209602
> The fact that he refuses to return despite having grown up there is all I need to know.
Not OP but this has really nothing to do with travelling. People try to leave fucked-up countries because they see no future there. It's different if you want just to visit. You don't care about finding a job there and taking care of your family there.
>>
>>1209189
All international tourist recommendations say that you should avoid non-essential travel.
>>
>>1209218
>want to travel to shitholezuela
>ask for advice
>be advised to thinkg of somewhere else since his life as someone from a first world country, could be endangered there
>HURR DURR DIDN'T EXPECT ANYTHING HELPFULL ON 4CHINZ

get out

>>1209688
>inb4 HURR DURR NO ONE IN THE TOURISM AND TRAVEL INDUSTRY IS BEING HELPFULL
>>
>>1210430
Oh dang is that how that came off? I meant it as in "Wow that's helpful, I didn't expect anything other than generic shitposting." Sorry!
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.