[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Working Holiday Visa's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1456291417616.jpg (49KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1456291417616.jpg
49KB, 400x400px
How exactly do these things work? The way I understand it after a friend told me about them is

>you need to have at least a few thousand bucks to be eligible so you can afford a return flight
>you work a part time job
>???
>after 6-12 months you get booted back to home country

Any of you folks have experience with these?
>>
In Australia on a working visa atm. Getting a job is a lot harder than advertised. Lots of places want to rip you off. Horse farmers in particular, no clue why.

Just think, for every backpacker you hear talking about making big bucks in Oz, Im guessing atleast a handfull had to go back home broke and empty handed.
>>
Every country is different. I'm one of the ones that made a killing in Oz. There's very few who make a killing doing farm work... And it's not the backpackers who get those jobs. So if you do your 88 days to get the 2nd year visa then get out of that shit. The farm work soured my experience in Oz. You know it's bad when the Abbos don't even wanna do it. Lolol.

To answer your question, OP: you're supposed to have X amount of money in the bank to prove that you can survive while you find a job. I went with - 3000 in the bank and left with like 18k after 5 months. Luckily, I didn't get checked by the officer on the way in or I would've been fucked.
>>
>>1209014
Where were you and what were you doing that enabled you to make that much money in 5 months?
>>
>>1209019
Melbourne bartending. I also have experience in marketing so I did that for the club in the daytime. Tbh, I made more now that I think about it. That 18 was only counting 1 job. And I had 2 other ones on the side for some extra cash
>>
>>1209014
The agricultural industry is built on backpackers now. We get most of their super when they leave too.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.