[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Netherlands

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: serveimage(9).jpg (1MB, 4310x3650px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage(9).jpg
1MB, 4310x3650px
So I'm going to the Netherlands for ten days. I'll be staying in Zaandam.

What all should I do besides the obvious stuff like Van Gogh Museum, Anne Frank House, Rijksmuseum, windmills, and tulips?
>>
>>1208275
> What should I do besides the obvious stuff?
Set fire to that hotel.
>>
>>1208289
to me it always looked like something someone came up with on acid
>>
>what should I do other than waiting in line for hours and hours with all the other tourists?
How about literally anything else.

Last time I was there the line in front Anne Frank house went two blocks and around the corner. At it was raining heavily at the time. Van Goth museum was not as bad but still bad.
Amsterdam has the worst tourists in the history of tourism.
>>
>>1208297
I won't be in Amsterdam much.
>>
>>1208297
>didn't go to the rijksmuseum
it was worth the ~15 min line
>>
>>1208299
Then don't spend it waiting in line. Maybe walk past and if there are no people go in, but don't count on it. Or get your tickets online if possible.

>>1208300
I was talking about the Anne Frank house and the Van Goth museum. I haven't even been Rijksmuseum so I couldn't say. But the only line I've ever experienced that was longer then for Anne Frank was for the Vatican.
>>
>>1208297
I will never understand the obsession with that house. The queues are unreal for what is essentially an attic where one of the gorillion jews was hiding. There's nothing special about it.
>>
>>1208293
Yes. It's terrible.
t. nederlander
>>
The Anne Frank house is extremely overrated. Don't go.
>>
>>1208303
oh I misread your post. I thought you were saying Adam was a bad tourist destination

I agree, tourism is pretty bad there but if you're smart and love history and/or art its a great place to explore

>>1208309
post-modernism was a mistake

at least it didn't hit Netherlands in general as much as the plague infected Germany
>>
File: mc_escher_origional-waterfall.jpg (97KB, 500x498px) Image search: [Google]
mc_escher_origional-waterfall.jpg
97KB, 500x498px
>>1208309
At least it can be said that it was Escher-inspired
>>
Rent a bike and go explore Waterland
>>
>>1209049
The Airbnb I rented comes with complimentary bikes! (:
>>
>>1208275
Visit other cities besides Amsterdam. Within 30 minutes from Amsterdam central station you can go to Haarlem, Leiden, The Hague, Gouda or Urecht. Amsterdam is just a meme.
>>
Amsterdam isnt the only nice place there. Delft, Utrecht, Rotterdam are all nice places to visit. Rent a bike and just bike around. Maybe you can go ice skating in den Hague.
>>
>>1209768
The Hague / Den Haag
>>
>>1208275
take a day trip to texel it's lovely, at least if you go in summer.
>>
>>1208275

Zaanse schans, 5~10min by train or bicyle.
Rembrandthuis, artis zoo maybe. Of all the musea Rijksmuseum is the one worth visiting.

Volendam maybe, den haag / the hague has some fun spots. Go to the beach (either in den haag or wherever).

Haarlem is an old looking city, comfy, less tourism and less multicultural.

You can skydive on the texel island if you are bored enough.

Zaandam is pretty good located for you to travel elsewhere, too bad the city center is riddled with scum.

Taking the ferry to North Amsterdam (behind central station) allows you to visit the eye musea, kinda fun. Went there a few times for some odd movies and the museum is somewhat fun. You could also get on a swing there which is on on the highest tower in Amsterdam. Amsterdam lookout or whatever, somewhat pricey.

I live close to Zaandam and study in Amsterdam, honestly there are enough things to do in and around Amsterdam. Tripadvisor usually helps out.
>>
>>1210139
and don't miss out on all cultural stuff going on in noord!!
>>
>>1210139
What kind of scum?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.