[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New Years Resolution: Peru I want to go early March, spend about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 4

File: images.jpg (10KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10KB, 300x168px
New Years Resolution: Peru

I want to go early March, spend about 16 days there. I know that's not a lot but I'm hoping I can see a lot and experience a lot.

I have my eyes on a pretty cheap round trip flight to Lima. Now, I definitely want to go to Machu Picchu and all that. I've been researching and found really different responses.

What is the best way to see Machu Picchu? Go with a tour group? Inca Trails? I heard from some people that even though they're relatively fit, they found the Inca Trails extremely difficult, especially with the altitude change. Should I go with a tour guide?

Also, I've interrailed before but how the FUCK do you get around Peru? I read about those buses but god damn those are long hours and where do you even catch one?

If anyone's been to Peru and has any particular recommendations about how I should go about this, it'd be much appreciated. I have to be back in Lima for my flight home.
>>
Too late to get a permit for the inca trail for march. Look into the "jungle trek" or "salkantay".

For buses try PeruHop, that will make things easier for you and give you an itinerary.
>>
File: IMG_2057.jpg (295KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2057.jpg
295KB, 1600x1600px
Shit, I just wrote a longass message, but the internet in Peru sucks so much it somehow got deleted.

Anyway, I try typing it once again, probably shorter though.

I’m currently in Arequipa, Southern Peru.
Was in Machu Picchu, quite disappointing desu, but I didn’t take the Inca Trail, as I hate hiking. Cusco (the “big” city-hub to Inca Valley) on the other hand is awesome, lots of things to do, nice local vibe mixed with tourists. I rented a motorcycle for a day, visited all small villages and ancient sites in the Inca Valley for about 90 soles. I recommend doing that (or renting a taxi driver for a day, good if you travel with others) instead of tourist trips, as it’s cheaper and more fun.
I didn’t have a altitude sickness, but I took a bus from Lima to Cusco (24h), so maybe I slowly got adjusted. You can chew cocoa to get used to it.
Buses are the cheapest option to travel around, they are also quite comfy. You can select different standards, which help on the long (up to 24h) trips around. As you have 16 days, maybe you don’t want to waste 2 in a bus.

As mentioned I recommend Eastern Peru – Cusco, Puno, maybe Arequipa (nice sightseeing). Consider Bolivia for few days, it’s pretty close if you’re already in Cusco and offers some great (and cheap) sight-seeing. I haven’t been to North of Peru so I cannot give any advice about it. Amazon in North East is pretty good, you might consider it, but I can imagine that logistics of getting there might be quite problematic.

Don’t know about your budget, but I recommend domestic flights.

If you have more questions ,ask.

Pic from the Inca Valley from my motrocycle trip on some rural areas (30 minutes before a huge rain)
>>
File: IMG_2045.jpg (310KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2045.jpg
310KB, 1600x1200px
>>1208349
>>
File: 1476565491774.jpg (485KB, 1000x676px) Image search: [Google]
1476565491774.jpg
485KB, 1000x676px
>>1208349
>but I took a bus from Lima to Cusco (24h)
And you didn't kill yourself about half way through?

>Consider Bolivia
Yes. A trip to South America is not complete without taking one teleférico from La Paz up to El Alto and going down with the other one.

>I haven’t been to North of Peru
OP should really consider Chachapoyas, pic related.
>>
>>1208377
>And you didn't kill yourself about half way through?
Nope, I've been travelling a lot in a car/bus since I was 2 years old. Actually I enjoy it a lot and can fall asleep in any kind of bus of hell.

>Yes. A trip to South America is not complete without taking one teleférico from La Paz up to El Alto and going down with the other one.
Not sure if ironic.

>OP should really consider Chachapoyas, pic related.
What about Amazon? I've already been to Bolivian and Brazilian part. Thinking about doing some surfing on the coast and than moving to the jungle. Thoughts about the north?
>>
>>1208943
>>Yes. A trip to South America is not complete without taking one teleférico from La Paz up to El Alto and going down with the other one.
> Not sure if ironic.
I'm totally serious.

>>1208943
No, I don't mean the Amazon jungle. I mean that particular city and the archeological sites near it.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.