[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do i into motorbikes?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

How do i into motorbikes?
>>
Depends what country you're in. most require a simple training day to allow you on small cc bikes. start there
do research
>>
>>1206808

Son, you on a travel board asking about motorcycles. Do yourself a favor and stay off them. You'll just hurt yourself.
>>
>>1206808
Start by fucking off to /o/
>>
>>1206808
go to /dbt/ on /o/

never, ever dress like the flamer you just posted in the OP because best case scenario you look like a hipster tit and worst case scenario you will be a smear on the road if you crash because of your 0 protective gear

Dual sports/adventure bikes with 50/50 tires are best for long haul bike camping and touring
>>
>>1206808

Go to /o/.

I learned how to ride a motorbike when I was in India two winters ago. Loved the experience so much that I signed up for a basic rider course as soon as I got home. The day after I earned my endorsement I purchased my first bike.

If you live in the United States, I'd definitely recommend taking a BRC to learn how to ride and ride safely. The class isn't a lot of work and manages to be halfway enjoyable. The only problem I could really expect a newcomer to have is shifting. It took me a few days by myself when I was in India to really get the hang of switching gears without stalling.
>>
Take the Basic Rider Course. Start on easy areas in 3rd world countries (like a calm island in Thailand).

Don't be an idiot and learn on your own or have some shopkeeper "show you the basics". In Vietnam I spent an afternoon helping an australian guy get to the hospital after he got run over by a bus because he panicked and didn't react correctly.
>>
>>1206808
>ducati monster (or is it an Aprilia?)
>meme beard
>expensive-looking non-motorcycle leather jacket
>pristine white fucking running shoe

Man as a biker that guy pisses me off.
Fuck that guy
>>
Just noticed the brown leather gloves and that thing on the tank to hold his wallet or something
Smh at that clown
>>
>>1207777
Checked.
>>
>>1207775
Appears to be a café racer made out of a Ducati Paul Smart.
I mainly agree with you, however Ryan Reynolds is supposed to be a legit bike enthusiast; I guess the hipster look is just a by-product of him being one of Hollywood hot shots. That and very light regulations regarding motorcylcing gear in most of the US.
>>
>>1206808
1. get the license
2. prepare to shell out a considerable sum for gear and first bike
3. crash
4. repair bike at great expense/buy another one at great expense
5. see 3
>>
>>1207775
You forgot
>Open face helmet

OP, if you want to into motorbikes, do everything opposite of your pic. Full face helmet. Proper boots that cover your shins. Decent gloves and a proper jacket. At a minimum. If you don't want leather pants at least get yourself some kevlar jeans. Don't wear anything like polyester/nylon or else it will literally melt to your skin in a crash. ALL THE GEAR, ALL THE TIME. Beyond that, it's just a question of researching the process of getting your license in whichever country you reside.
>>
>>1207908

>ATGATT lol!!!!!!!
>>
>>1208171
Enjoy your skin graft
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.