[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Moving to the US

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: plane.jpg (37KB, 752x439px) Image search: [Google]
plane.jpg
37KB, 752x439px
I know this is travel but i think it's appropriate to ask this here:
Any europoors successfuly moved to the us?
How did you do it?
>have a cs masters degree
>2years work experience
Which path is best path for green card and then citizenship?
>find job
>h1b visa
>move business to us
>invest 500k(1m) in a us business
(last two are obviously hardest since I'll have to start a startup and find some investors here etc.)
getting married is out of question
I'm happy with my waifu
>>
>>1206524
> tl;dr get married to an American or forget it - the system is fucked
You're in over your head...

H1B's are awarded annual in a lottery unless you wish to work at a non-profit (think university or research center) in which case you will be exempted. Since your potential employ wouldn't know if they could hire you until the lottery rolls around in April(?) you'd only be getting a conditional job offer - you'd have to be an elite employee for them to wait like that. In practice, foreign students at US universities can work for 1-3 years on an OPT visa after graduation. I would suspect that most lottery winners won while using the OPT window so the employer actually got to see what they could do.

H1B positions need not lead to a Green Card either - a White Collar worker bee would not necessarily get elevated to permanent residency. Potentially, if you do good work, get promoted and get industry recognition of particular forms you can get category E or O permanent residence (O is hard and doesn't require an employer sponsorship, I think).

Basically US immigration policy is fucked. As much as the political discourse talks about "stealing jobs" our immigrants (BROWN PEOPLE) come in through marriage or extended family sponsorship. We also let a handful of people in for shits and giggles via the Diversity Visa program as well as refugees from the various proxy wars we like to start.

There are avenues to enter if you have a PhD in science, patents, internationally recognized publication/art/athletics, or an oligarch parent. Earning your way isn't really possible...you can earn get a lottery ticket.
>>
Fuck off, we're full
>>
Look at the list of companies that hire the most H1B people and apply for them. I hired a guy onto my team via H1B from Europe before, it's not a big deal in certain companies.

The H1B lottery does suck, and will probably be worse with Trump in power now, but it's not nearly as bad as >>1206531 makes it sound. In my company we'd just relocate people to Canada or a european development center until they won the H1B lottery. It just took a year or two usually.

>I'm happy with my waifu
Good, don't marry an american girl, they're shit-tier for marriage in general.
>>
>>1206531
so basically it's best to just play the diversity lottery?

>>1206587
How do you make money?
>not wanting me to steal Pajeets job

>>1206587
In your experience, is it hard to apply for a green card after you get an h1b?
Know any companies that are willing to do this?

Obviously the big player companies like google, ms, fb etc. get the most h1b visas in the lottery system.
I remember reading an article posted on hn about this but I do not want to work for them.

Guess I'll just wait to max my skills and then start applying for visa friendly positions.
At the mean time I'm gonna play the diversity card.

Shit sucks desu
A fucking retard can find a wife online and get citizenship and me who is willing to boost your economy has to go through a fucking lottery system.

I don't think Trump will fuck up h1b since there is not enough american workers in the field.
Also:
>https://frontsimple.com/posts/H1b-vs-L1-infographic/

What about L1 visa?
>find a startup/company to hire me
>startup/company transfers me to us via L1

Has anyone heared of this visa and knows someone that got transfered via L1?
Sounds a lot better than h1b.
>>
>>1206587
>will probably be worse with Trump in power now
Trump is meeting with Theresa May with intentions of making it easier for UK citizens to work in America. I'm sure he'll simplify the retarded H1B procedure.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.