[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

AMERICA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png (2KB, 300x158px) Image search: [Google]
Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png
2KB, 300x158px
I am from South Africa, Cape Town. I would really like to go work in America (They pay so much more for Network Engineers)

I'm scared that America is actually a shithole. My biggest concern is the mass shootings and bombs.

It seems like it easier to get killed there than here.

Has it turned into a 3rd world country? (Besides the economy)
>>
It isn't even remotely a shithole. That's media coverage. We're as first world as it gets. You'll be fine unless we have a civil war over this political crap.
>>
>>1206448
I'll add that like any country if you choose to live somewhere in the ghetto to save a buck, you'll be living in squalor with bums and gangsters. Same as anywhere else.
>>
Go for it. Those attacks are really not happening so often.
Worse case scenario is that you end up like snowden lol (network engeneer got it, ok, peace)
>>
>>1206442
You'll do fine in Seattle if you're a competent network engineer.

The real question is whether or not you're allowed to work/live there. Got your visas in order?
>>
>>1206454
This is more of future plans. Still young(19) and have a lot of work ahead of me. So ill only look at visas, etc closer when I'm ready to move
>>
>>1206452
http:// www. gunviolencearchive. org/ reports/mass-shooting
>>
>>1206472
Better start now, since it can take around 5 years just to get a green card.
Unless you're planning on marrying a US waifu anytime soon.
>>
>>1206442
Anybody from SA has the nerve to worry aout crime in the US. Spend some time in Crossroads,Atlantis and Mitchell's Plain before you bitch about South Central,Englewood and Brownsville.
>>
>>1206504
I stay in Kraaifontein which is top 10 for murders in CAPE Town
>>
>>1206442
Any city that has enough tech demand to hire you will be safe. However, getting your a visa is extremely hard since there is no rationalized, points-based system.
>>>1206524
>>
>>1206442
>It seems like it easier to get killed there than here.

Look, in practically any major city in the US, or anywhere else in the US for that matter, everyone walks around on the streets, staring at their cell phone. At 2AM. Muggings are rare enough that they are news. Shootings outside of ghettos (think: townships, but not nearly so bad, anyone can go to most without problems) are so rare that they make national or international news.

In the US, apart from some small areas that you'd never end up anyway, you don't need to worry about where you're walking, you don't need to constantly look over your shoulder, people rarely even have bars on their windows, and you'd probably be arrested if you tried to put up an electric fence around your house like in SA.

People can be paranoid as fuck in the US but that's just because they don't have any experience in real 3rd-world countries (beyond staying inside their resort in some shithole in the carribean) to realize how good they have it.
>>
>>1206442
The US is a huge place. There are different regions with their own cultural norms. Within these regions there's quite a bit of disparity between how the well to do and the poor live. Being poor in America is no fun. And if you're afraid of being shot choose a place with stricter gun laws and low homicide rates. Don't move to the south side of Chicago or New Orleans. But looking at the stats it seems much of America is safer than Cape Town.
>>
>>1206442
Come to Canada. We're lest racist and more civil
>>
>>1206572
>We're lest racist

The average south african would just think you're naive.
>>
>>1206532
thanks for that thread link

>>1206551
It's mostly just the terrorism and mass shootings that i'm concerned about, because we have none of that here.

>>1206555
I was thinking Seattle

>>1206582
Haha, fortunately i'm not racist
>>
>>1206442
Go where most the white people are if you don't like violence tbqh. Nashville is cozy
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.