[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Buying Travel Cancellations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 2Trips.jpg (56KB, 525x535px) Image search: [Google]
2Trips.jpg
56KB, 525x535px
I can travel almost at the last minute and am open to traveling pretty much anywhere. I am wondering what happens to the trip when someone cancels at the last minute. Does the travel agency or travel insurance company try to fill that spot a the last minute? Is there such a thing as a reseller or list that you can get onto if someone cancels?
>>
>>1206124
Google "overbooking."
>>
>>1206124
I'm curious about this too so long as it fit within my time frame which is actually pretty wide, I'd be willing to snag a flight or hotel reservations just about anywhere....

Any sites?
>>
>>1206196
Google "overbooking."
>>
op here...googling overbooking reveals nothing. All that reveals is when airlines boot you off of a flight because they overbooked. I am talking about when people intentionally cancel a reservation. The seat that they were going to occupy then becomes available and it seems that someone would like nothing better than to resell it. It is similar to flying standby, which used to be a thing.

Anyone else have anything to add?
>>
>>1206511
Not the guy who keeps saying google overbooking, but that's your answer. Airlines have a formula by which they oversell their flights with a high probability a certain percentage of those people will not show up for the flight for whatever reason. If you ever take a statistics class you will learn the details on how this works.

Whatever seats are open from cancellation, they shift people around to fill them. Ever shown up for a flight and your seat was changed. Or they use them for standby flyers, those guys you see waiting off to the side or in line at the service desk before a flight. Thise fares are still full priced, if not more expensive, than a standard ticket.

In short, cancelled flights are expected, and accounted for in overbooking. There is specific availability or discount for them
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.