[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tour de slav

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

File: tour.jpg (65KB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
tour.jpg
65KB, 700x394px
Hello fellow /tr/avelers,

This summer I will be plan to travelling across eastern Europe. Never bin there, but would really like to visit. But I don't really have a like a bond with the people in my current social group, so. Are there people out there that would like to join me on this trip? Would also appreciate any advice!
>>
Depending on your levels of autism, I could take you out for a drink or two in Ljubljana, maybe take a daytrip swimming/hiking or w/e.
>>
Austria and Hungary aren't really Slavic, are you sure you added the right picture?
If you have specific questions, I can help.
Depending when you're going, I may or may not be in the area, I regularly visit ... well, all the bigger cities on that map.

To socialize in Eastern Europe... Very easy. Go to a place where they sell alcohol. That's it. People just strike up conversations with each other all the time, it's easy to make friends. If you don't drink alcohol, it may be very hard.
In Hungary there's the kocsma culture all over the country, and ruin pub/café culture in Budapest. People just hang out all day in there.
>>
>>1205968
>Depending on your levels of autism
kek
>I could take you out for a drink or two in Ljubljana, maybe take a daytrip swimming/hiking or w/e
I would like that, how would you like to establish contact?
>>
File: Acapture.jpg (235KB, 1237x794px) Image search: [Google]
Acapture.jpg
235KB, 1237x794px
>>1205969
>are you sure you added the right picture?
No, just looked nice.
>If you have specific questions
Yes I have, does and don'ts. And what are countries worth visiting?
>alcohol
YAAAS
>>
>>1205975
Here's a disposable mail, you can send me your mail to it

[email protected]
>>
File: profpic.jpg (52KB, 932x659px) Image search: [Google]
profpic.jpg
52KB, 932x659px
>>1205981
Nice mailadrss
>>
>>1205979
Okay, I guess I am the wrong person to ask for advice, then... Cause I say all of them are worth visiting.
Re dos and don'ts -- if you're from an Anglo-Saxon place... Practice your Eastern Euro face. Do not smile unless you're laughing at a joke, see a beautiful girl that you're interested in, drunk, someone tickles you, in general, when you're with someone... Spare your smiles and laughter. You will be either seen as an idiot, someone superficial, or an easy target for thieves and scammers if you just smile by default, like eg. a lot of Americans do. Doesn't mean you have to be an asshole, just don't seem too happy all the time.
There are many other things, but this is the biggest one I guess.
>>
File: Una.jpg (2MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Una.jpg
2MB, 2560x1600px
>>1205979
Do visit Bosnia. People are incrdibly friendly. Beer is good and cheap. There are nearly no tourists at all there. Beautiful nature abandoned castles, military bases, houses and so on.

You have to be careful about landmines but most are well documented and marked.

Stuff to see in north bosnia: Una river waterfalls, swimming in the Una river, Željava_Air_Base, various castles around Bihac.
>>
>>1205943
Where are you from?
>>
File: Green-Chopper.jpg (61KB, 487x700px) Image search: [Google]
Green-Chopper.jpg
61KB, 487x700px
>>1205943
Where you from? When you leaving?

I am thinking of doing an Eastern European trip around spring break time.
>>
File: car.jpg (17KB, 280x210px) Image search: [Google]
car.jpg
17KB, 280x210px
>>1206415
>Where you from?
The Netherlands
>When you leaving?
End of July, maybe earlier.
>>
>>1205969
>Austria and Hungary aren't really Slavic
Neither's Romania.
>>
>>1205993
>but most are well documented
>most
>>
>>1206418
Sorry, skipped the biggest one, meant to say Romania, too.

>>1206417
As the random Eastern Euro living in Noord-Holland, one more to dos and don'ts: do not assume the cops are with you. Especially if they stop you on the roadside for something, be very alert. Police in the NL not only are nicer, but also more educated. Although the Dutch aren't the biggest target of scams there...
Oh and if you speak German, or Dutch with a German accent, that might get you far communicating with older people, especially compared to English. Majority of people understand German, even if they don't speak an ounce of it.
You'll be surprised at the size and price of drinks, too. My first few weeks in NL I thought people were trying to insult me with these tiny beers. lol
>>
>>1206425
My German is a bit rusty, so need to work on that before going touring. Also I agree that we have like small beer compared to our neighbor countries. Could you tell a bit more about those eastern police?
>>
>>1206592
There are two things to watch out for with cars. One is real policemen trying to ask for bribes, eg. trying to ask for cash when really they should just give the bill / cheque to you (when catching you speeding or whatever).
And also there's fake police. http://wikitravel.org/en/Common_scams#Fake_cop

The thing I meant with Eastern Euro police not being nice... They're just not too dedicated to their jobs, and so if something happens to you they may or may not help depending on your luck. Like don't expect them to be effective or anything.

Most probably you won't even see police, and it's a pretty chill region, just saying that if something does happen, then don't expect the level of service you get at home.

Nah even your rusty German will do, you only need the basics anyway.

I have to admit that I learned to love the beer sizes here. Better for the liver, also you get drunk quicker if you're not used to bigger sizes...
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.