[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey travellers! My girlfriend and i are going on a holiday to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (8KB, 350x144px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8KB, 350x144px
Hey travellers! My girlfriend and i are going on a holiday to mauritius in june since we got some cheap flights.
Has anyone here been there before? Any advice on nice places to eat or drink?
We want to go check out the races there since its one of the oldest race courses in the world. Black river gorges looks good too. Any other advice?
>>
>>1205406
It's been 7 years so I'm testing my memory a bit. We stayed at Troux Au Biche on the NW side of the island which is more protected than the East side. Its about an hour from the airport just North of Port Louis which is the 'capital'

Port Louis is nothing special and the country as a whole is still very much developing. Have some basic French although as long as you make the effort most people can communicate in English.

Casela Bird Park is a whole day and worthwhile booking a lion / tiger walk, cheetah interaction
7 Coloured Chamarell
Blue Bay is cool down the SW corner
Day trip tours from Grand Baie - take your pick

Hire a driver for a day, they'll also be able to take you to some small seafood joints near Grand Baie that may not look like much but the food is great.

The local beer and rum is really good as well. Overall it's a fantastic country that I'll definitely go back to. Enjoy
>>
Hi OP
I live in neighboring RĂ©union island and have been to Mauritius 4 times.
To us it's mainly an occasion to enjoy affordable luxury and great service (nonexistent in RĂ©union).
The post above me is good advice.
In Casela I think an ATV tour of the park is better than a lion's walk. Parc de l'Etoile is nice too.
I advise you to try street food whenever you can.
Airbnb is a good way to find cheap housing. I rented a 120sqm flat with 2 bedrooms and a pool table in the living room, in a condo with pool in Flic en Flac , 3mn walk from the beach, on NYE's week, for 400EUR.
Cure-pipe market is ok, so is the jardin de pamplemousses. You can go to Port Louis if you are in the area, not necessarily worth a visit on its own...
Anything more specific just let me know!
>>
Op has left?
>>
>>1206574
Sorry guys, ive been out of internet service for a few days. Excellent advice so far! We are still deciding whether to go with airbnb or a resort for accommodation.
>>1205469
Would you recommend hiring a car to drive around as well as a driver here and there?
>>1205611
Airbnb really looks like the way to go, it will be my first time using the service so im still feeling my way around it. Thanks for all your tips!
I have zero french, though my girlfriend attended a french highschool so i assume she still retains a bit of it somewhere. Ill learn some basic phrases and try my best though.
>>
>>1206640
Np.
It is pretty easy to drive around. We did both: rent a private car with driver for the day on our first 3 trips, and rent a car for the whole week on the last. Budget wise it's returning in 2/3 days, and of course you are much more free when you drive yourself, you can call the day early or stay longer where you like without worrying of wasting your money or having to pay extra.

Re:airbnb I've used it in different locations (Cape Town, Paris, Bordeaux, Cities in Normandie) and never had a bad experience. In Mauritius, as in most of the ads I saw, the flat was actually operated as a business, nobody was living there but short lease. Most "hosts" are real estate agents or condo owners, which was fine by me as we are not looking for an intimate experience with our host.
Re: language don't sweat it the Island relies almost exclusively on tourism, and English is mandatory at school. You'll be fine everywhere.
>>
>>1206761
Im fugen EXCITED
>>
>>1206836
Rightfully so!
Report when you have made up your mind about where you'll stay and what you'll do!
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.