[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Finland

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: Mongol flag.gif (13KB, 1800x1201px) Image search: [Google]
Mongol flag.gif
13KB, 1800x1201px
Is $7,000 (Ticket seperate) budget enough to have vacation in finland for 30 days? I've never been to any European countries and I just want my 22nd birthday nice this year.
I'm going to Helsinki first then go to Lahti.
>>
Why would you spend all that money and time for just finland? There won't be nearly enough things to do here for 30 days and it's really expensive.

Your budget should be fine though but with that time and money I'd rather spend it on multiple cities that are far nicer and cheaper. For example I did budapest-prague-krakow-wroclaw-berlin-vilnius-tallinn-helsinki in the summer for a month and spent like 1500eur

Realisticly speaking your plan sounds really stupid. Helsinki is kinda boring and seen in a few days. And for what reason would you go to Lahti lol.
>>
Wtf why in Finland of all places in Europe? Make an Interail between spain, france, italy if you really want, and you can come home with 5000$ in your pocket too. Helsinki is a 'new city', nothing much to see there desu. Two days is more then enough.
>>
>then go to Lahti
Fucking lost it, nice try 0/5.
Have fun.

https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/your-town-is-a-paradise-lahti
>>
no thats too small amount. Very expencive country.
>>
File: 1481632899415.png (165KB, 327x316px) Image search: [Google]
1481632899415.png
165KB, 327x316px
>>1205170
>Lahti

This has to be bait
>>
Stop dissing Finland, it's cool.

>>1205170
You have more than enough, try to visit a lot of cities and villages.
You also have the opportunity to register for a week in Lapland for like 500$ with lots of fun activities, don't miss it.
>>
>>1205170
follow helsinki, tampere oulu and maybe rovaniemi to north, get the hell out to sweden.

you will thank us.
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jrLx27Wo9t0
>>
>>1205191
>kebab in a cup
I've seen everything now.
>>
>>1205170
Go in the summer, rent a cottage, have a sauna, go to lapland to get bitten by moskitoes, do festivals. 7000 is more than enough
>>
File: itinerary.png (548KB, 1195x773px) Image search: [Google]
itinerary.png
548KB, 1195x773px
>>1205170
Holy shit, I spent half of that on a 2+ month backpacking trip through Eastern and Central Europe, and I'm shit at managing my money. I've also been to Helsinki, it's a nice place but you seriously need to elaborate on why you want to spend a month there. The entire city can be seen in one day. Lahti is a small town with literally nothing, unless there's some winter sport events at that time.

If you really want to spend that much time and money in Finland, at least rent a car and get out in the countryside, rent a cottage with a sauna, buy fuckloads of beer and booze and celebrate your birthday with style.

You say you've never been to Europe? With that much money and I assume a fair amount of time, why not go for the big one? Pic related will give you a fucking awesome intro to Europe, helluva lot better than Lahti at least. 15-20 countries, in about 3-4 months if you spend your time wisely. Spend your money wisely as well and you should come home with spare change. At least try to be curious OP.
>>
File: vakavoitunut pepe.png (17KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
vakavoitunut pepe.png
17KB, 900x900px
>>1205170
>lahti
what the fuck are you doing

Unless if you're really into winter sports, you're better off coming in summer.
>>
>>1205170
>lahti

what the fuck, spent 3 days there myself, everything can be done there in 1 day, don't bother bro

Atleast try Turrku or Tampere if you are insisting on going to Finland after Helsinki. I spent 3 months living in Finland, trust me, everyone here is looking out for you. Don't waste all that time and money in an area where you can't do anything.

You could at least take the train from Helsinki to Moscow.
>>
>>1205193
KEK
>>
File: Lahti kyltti.jpg (34KB, 518x389px) Image search: [Google]
Lahti kyltti.jpg
34KB, 518x389px
>>1206636

Woow, I'm actually from Lahti originally. First time ever seeing my hometown mentioned on 4chan.

This can't be serious...

At least go to Turku (lol come have a beer with me) or some other semi-decent place.
>>
wasting your money.
stay in Helsinki for maybe three days, travel to Lappi and enjoy the nature for a week, then fuck off to somewhere actually nice
>>
>can be done in a day
>can be seen in a few days
>nothing to do
>Just go to 20 countries in 3 days you'll save money!

I appreciate that people like travelling like this, but it's annoying to me that they don't understand us folks who like getting to know a place and 'figuring it out.' I really don't think you can "do" any city or even a town in a day unless you're just ticking landmarks off of a checklist.

Spending thirty days in one country sounds great. I can't contribute an answer to the money question because I just don't know, but I've always enjoyed taking my time in places so don't let people talk you out of doing it.
>>
>>1207926
To each his own. I and everyone else is just trying to help him. Helsinki is indeed a nice place, but he hasn't answered why he needs a month there. It was founded recently, i.e. no history, few sigths, it's small, and there's not much to do. He says he's never been to Europe, so he's not European, i.e. the cold, almost asocial nature of Finns will most likely put him off if he's American or Australian, who are all very social people. You don't need that much time to figure this place out. Lahti is even worse, it has nothing of interest, unless he goes there for winter sports. Even the guy FROM Lahti says there's no reason to go there.

By the way, he's not talking about 30 days in a country, but in two small cities. Most of the replies here are people encouraging him to explore more of Finland, go to other cities, to a cottage innawoods or to Lapland.

But given the fact that OP made this thread over a week ago and hasn't responded since leads me to believe this is all just a troll thread. There's so many of these threads recently, it's so fucking annoying.
>>
>>1207926
Have you been to Finland? He will kill himself after a week
>>
>>1207932
>There's so many of these threads recently, it's so fucking annoying.
What did he mean by this? I can't see many obvious troll threads in the catalogue now tbqh.
>>
>>1208286
It's not the obvious troll threads I'm thinking about, but there's a lot of threads like this going around lately. OP will start a thread, state he is going to a country, but his questions are weird as fuck. Often they are not really travel related, but involve having obviously too much money, too little, and really bizarre destinations (like this one, Lahti, what the fuck). They all have in common that OP completely disappears after making the thread. Basically it seems they are made up just to attract a lot of replies and arguing. You have this thread for example, where OP wants to spend 7k in a month in fucking Helsinki, and never posts again.

>>1208044
Here's an American who wants to travel for 8 months around western Europe with 1000 bucks to his name (or around 4 bucks/day in the most expensive region on the planet). Eventually stops replying.

>>1205143
This guy has never been abroad, and now decides to travel to Algeria. Never posts again.

>>1206621
This guy needs to travel to a country starting with I, and has narrowed it down to Israel and Iceland. Shitstorm ensues, and OP never posts again.

Also any and all "I'm traveling to [safe muslim country], will I get beheaded?" or "I'm traveling with [low cost airline], will I crash?". I might be wrong of course, I've just seen a lot of it lately. Sorry for derailing, I just needed to vent.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.