[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone here flown with Spirit Airlines?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

I don't really care about customer service, as long as the plane doesn't crash and I get my luggage back.
>>
>get luggage back
How common is it for airlines to lose your luggage? I am about to fly first time with a budget airline, with a layover and I'm concerned about arriving without my stuff and being stranded for a month without it.
>>
>>1205181

Not very often. Though, it does happen, normally travel insurance will cover it.

Its actually the airport that looses the luggage, not the carrier you fly with, as the airport handles all of the baggage when it arrives and does the delivery to the air plane. Shittier airports or massive airports will loose more luggage than other airports however.
>>
meme airline
>>
>>1205155
Spirit is for first time travelers who don't know it actually costs more. Fact.
/thread
>>
>>1205404
If you just need a lift from A to B without any luggage beside a purse or laptop bag it's a good and cheap option just like easyjet or ryanair in europe.
>>
>>1205155
>Spirit Airlines

If I book a flight to Las Vegas it's $80 next week, if I go in September its $300.

I don't understand.... that's not how it's supposed to work.
>>
>>1205404
It only costs more if you want all the options while flying.

If you just want to get on a plane with minimal belongings to take you from point A to B, it's cheaper.

If you expect top tier customer service, take every possession you own with you on the flight, want in-flight entertainment and meals, want the most comfortable seats and most amount of leg room possible, it probably will cost more.
>>
>>1205183
No its not. The baggage handlers do not work for the airport they work for the airline you are flying on
>>
>>1205439
demand blah blah etc
>>
>>1205439
>I don't understand.... that's not how it's supposed to work.
Uhh, that's how it always works. Flights have only a dozen seats at the cheapest fare code, and when they're gone, demand is up and the next fare code for like the next 25 seats, and then one more up, and then the remaining seats cost almost the most, with the last couple being the most in the final hours.

>>1205464
>No its not. The baggage handlers do not work for the airport they work for the airline you are flying on
This is true. I think what the other poster meant to say is that there only tends to be theft issues at particular airports, not across the board with a shitty airline. Security varies, and to be a thief in baggage claim, you'd need other people to collude with you and operate as a team of thieves, so it's actually not as common. Lost bags are sometimes related to when you change airlines, and it goes across various personnel, tags are ripped off, your bag isn't marked as it should, etc. A close connection and incompetence and then no follow up to get it back to you. Also, hustling out to be one of the first at the carousel isn't a bad idea either.

>>1205459
>It only costs more if you want all the options while flying.
Not necessarily. Most people do have a carry-on. A carry-on that is charged vs not, matches the competitor fare if not exceeds it. Yes, their marketing is that you only pay for what you want, but first time travelers don't realize what the better choice is up front because of ignorance to the fees and how they tier up. I won't say I would never fly Spirit twice, but when I compare $310 to $199, I'm not enough of a fool to pick the $199, knowing there will be $150 added by the time I'm done with them, plus I'll be surrounded by smelly cattle who tried to save $5, and be in a plane that might have the lowest paid flight crew (ie skill) of all airlines, with high chance of flight cancellation vs accommodate us with replacement crew or equipment.
>>
>>1205155
It's "cheaper" if you like to sit in the back of the plane with no luggage and nothing to eat. I'm not a poor third-worlder so luckily i don't have to consider flying Spirit.
>>
>>1205582
It's not a matter of ramp employees stealing shit. It's the check in agents who often mistag bags, or don't put the tag on thoroughly enough to the point where it doesn't stay on when it goes down to the bag room.

I'm a gate agent.
>>
>>1205586
who cares it's like 1-5 hour flights just buy some water and sleep
it's perfect for travel in the us which should be cheaper fucking delta wants you to spend a paycheck to go to Colorado or whatever fuck that
>>
>>1205181

doesn't happen often. what's more likely is for your luggage to miss the flight.

sometimes they do fall out of the plane though

spirit is kinda sketchy w/ their luggages fees too btw.
>>
>>1205155
I'm a poorfag who does 95% of my flying with low cost airlines, they've never lost my luggage. A friend lost his luggage once, flying with fucking KLM.

The service will be shit, and a 0,3 l bottle of water will cost approx. $500, but it's completely safe. If it's allowed to fly in and out of USA/EU, it means it's approved by the respective air authorities, which means they're as safe as the big companies.
>>
>>1205628
If you're booking far enough out to get the decent fares, and you're flying from and to airports that Southwest serves, just fucking fly Southwest. Far more reliable airline, still incredibly cheap, no charge for checked bags or carry on, no charge for refreshments in the cabin, boarding order (and thereby deboarding order) determined by how soon you check in. And best of all, in the event shit happens, Southwest doesn't charge you an arm and a leg to change or cancel your flight.

My brother tried flying Spirit a few weeks ago. Turns out ATL froze over. Spirit wasted his time by waiting until departure time to cancel his flight out, and instead of refunding him gave him a credit to book a new flight with them. Since he was going to have to book about a week out from departure on his new flight, prices were far higher than the original booking he was credited for. Fuck that shit.
>>
>>1205181
airlinefag here. Here are some of the most common errors that cause lost bags.
>you checked in too late. (most of the time they will tell you your luggage wont make the flight)
>you left yourself a very, or illegal connection when switching airlines.
>Your dumbass forgets to tell us you have a connection in another itinerary that isnt in your record because you booked separately. (short checked)
>you left old bag tags on (but counter agents are trained to remove all old luggage tags)
>basic human error in the sort/load process.

So dont do any of the above things and you'll greatly lessen the chances of a delayed/lost bag.
>>
>>1205582
>>1205572

I was always told that really her that I booked the cheaper it is for all Airlines

I've been living a lie. fml
>>
>>1206361
Well i use it for shit like flights to Boston from atl i got one for 106 dollars all i had was a back pack i was just visiting my brother who's in school in mass
>>1206396
if you are interested use Hopper an app that track flight prices just start tracking if you think you may be interested at all
it's price displays are always wrong for me though since i don't pay for extras on any flight
>>
>>1205155
It's fine, spirit will get you there. I would never check in a bag though, only carry-on
>>
>>1206363

Thanks!
I can do all except for the human error in sorting/loading.
>>
Way cheaper than any other airline in the States, but the service is god awful. Best if you only bring carry on luggage as well to avoid the extra fees
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.