[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Boots

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_1952.jpg (26KB, 315x366px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1952.jpg
26KB, 315x366px
Hello, I'm taking a trip to Western Europe soon and need advice. Back home I usually wear combat boots with black jeans tucked in like pic related, is this acceptable? I don't want people thinking I'm a fascist.
>>
everything is 'acceptable' in western europe. these just look ugly, not fascist.
black boots with white (or maybe red) laces would be offensive in some places.
we either go practical or fashionable in western europe, this doesn't seem to fall into either category. but you shouldn't worry about it unless you're here to get some superficial girls or do business.
>>
>>1204932
Mostly they'll think you just have awful taste. At least pull those jeans out.
Just avoid non-standard laces like >>1204952 said and nobody will bat an eye. Black are neutral and boot-colored ones like you have are fine as well.
>>
>boots therefore fascist
what

Good ole fashioned Timbs are great, the Nike SFB are good as well. If you're ready to spend more money then buy Danners.
>>
>>1204932
Never go cheap when buying shoes with the sole purpose of comfortableness and durability. You should pour a few hundred dollars into some quality boots with a goodyear welt (The stitching can be seen outside the shoe) so they can be repaired without needing to buy an entirely new shoe.

Shitty shoes will cause foot and lower back pain and it can affect your gait in a bad way.
>>
File: BADASSEST.jpg (91KB, 835x1000px) Image search: [Google]
BADASSEST.jpg
91KB, 835x1000px
OP do you carry a tactical backpack, too?

I'm always amazed at civilians wearing combat gear for everyday's life.

Is it supposed to make you look badass? Dangerous, maybe? Like wow, better not fuck with this skinny dude with stick legs, he has combat boots and probably a semper fi tattoo somewhere?

Anyway as a western european I'd label you as an american first, as fashion blind second but never as a fascist, if that's what worries you most.

American tourists are often easy to spot for their love of white or silver running shoes with ill fitted jeans, Jordan sandals with white cotton socks and track pants, and/or paramilitary accessories.

No offense, I really like americans.
>>
Op here, I'm not trying to stick out too much. What would you guys recommend for my travels?
>>
>>1205370
you can never go wrong with trainers and jeans, your trainers shouldn't be the ugly workout style so try vans, converse etc. and the jeans not too tight or too loose, stay away from light jeans, have mid-blue or darker. its the universal basic clothing set up.
>>
>>1205370
Go by this idea: If your countrymen would call you a FAAAAAAG for wearing it, you'll probably fit in.
>>
>>1205370
Just get pair of running shoes, jeans and a normal shirt, buttons and all. You'll look like 90% of all European males.
>>
>>1204952

What's the deal with black boots and white/red laces?
>>
>>1204932
Western Europe is kind of vague. Also what kind of people are you trying to fit in with? Do you want to look like a business traveler in your business hotels? Do you want to go clubbing? Are you hanging out with people that have a particular career?

People don't really wear combat boots daily unless they are some kind of alternative culture type, really. Unless you do physical labor/work outdoors/hike for a living, you know? Do you wear steel toed boots at work? Walk on unpaved streets?

If you do want to fit in with locals you ideally wear sneaker or shoe brands they prefer too. If you're american it might be New Balance, but over there the big brand might be Adidas or Puma, or Botas, for instance. If you wear the right brand you can usually easily obtain, then you just look like a local, or at least an expat. If you're going to be walking on cobblestone streets, fyi, you want a firm inflexible sole, too much give and you feel the rocks and the bottoms of your feet are too abused, you'll get fatigue. The boots in your pic were made for walking on sand.
>>
>>1205578
Sekkrit club code

Combat boots + white laces = skinhead
Combat boots + red laces = punk
Basically asking to get beaten the fuck up by the other.
>>
>>1205273
E. European here. Wear mil gear all the time.

>Cheap, readily available
>Functional, which is the main reason I wear it
>Durable
>I like how it looks
>Metal subculture

Yup.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.