[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to enjoy your trip

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: Albert_Einstein_violin.jpg (38KB, 426x592px) Image search: [Google]
Albert_Einstein_violin.jpg
38KB, 426x592px
What are the main mistakes one can make while traveling? What is the best way to have the best experience where you are going and to have an ~~authentic~~ experience? I see a lot of people complaining that backpackers just stay at hostels or such, I really want to know what is the best way to do the travelling thing.
>>
Travel more. Consult the internet less. Delete this post. You will do well.
>>
>>1204715
>What are the main mistakes one can make while traveling?

Not planning prior to properly. Most main issues can be avoided with proper pre-planning.

>>What is the best way to have the best experience where you are going and to have an ~~authentic~~ experience?

See statement about and research where you are going, most tourist traps can be spotted easily because Tripadvisor or some travel agency is the first hit.

>I see a lot of people complaining that backpackers just stay at hostels or such, I really want to know what is the best way to do the travelling thing.

See all of the above. The best way to travel is the way that you get all your interests done. Backpacking is just a term commonly misused for people who just stay in a hostel on a trip while doing the most normal things that every other tourist does; that's why it is annoying to hear on /trv/.
>>
>>1204715
>backpackers

This term is so useless it hurts
>>
>>1204715
Traveling with other people
>>
>>1204715
>>1204722
Don't forget you make a planning so you have something to ignore when something beter is found. It's basically the excuse to leave your hostel, afterwards you'll find some other (probably better) things.
Also enjoy the mundane shit, like a lunch in the park. Walking through one of the neighborhoods just out of the city center.
>>
forcing yourself through stuff when you are exhausted. In general, rushing things too much.

Like, arriving at 5am to Paris and going to Louvre when it opens. You are not gonna enjoy it. When you arrive somewhere you are supposed to enjoy and you are already exhausted, a generalized feeling of unhappiness and "what am I doing here" starts to settle in.
>>
File: oh no.jpg (573KB, 1836x2448px) Image search: [Google]
oh no.jpg
573KB, 1836x2448px
don't look at your pictures while you're there. don't bring your laptop if you have a smart-phone.
don't edit or post pictures. let them sit until you get home. the only thing you should do with your pictures, if you must do something, is back them up. they'll be just fine, and they'll have far more impact when you see them a week after taking them.
don't be on your phone. you're already fucking with that piece of shit all day in your home country - don't do it elsewhere.
don't look at the world through a lens or a screen. look with your eyes first. take the picture as quickly as possible, then put the camera away. don't miss the world for yourself just so your camera can see it first.
don't bring books on a trip that lasts less than a month. don't bring books at all if you can help it. being bored is good for you, and being bored in exotic and distant places is a memorable experience that can lead to interesting ventures to cure boredom. you can read books at home.
always have an extra towel and a bottle of water if you can help it. trust me.
>>
>>1206221
>don't look at the world through a lens or a screen. look with your eyes first. take the picture as quickly as possible, then put the camera away. don't miss the world for yourself just so your camera can see it first.

To each his own -- if I am using my camera,I am actively looking for details, interesting points of view, little things I might not otherwise notice. I use the camera as a tool to enhance my awareness of what I am seeing.
>>
>>1206221
>Illinois plates
how am I not surprised?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.