[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /trv/ college student making a big life choice here and I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: .png (762KB, 906x454px) Image search: [Google]
.png
762KB, 906x454px
Hey /trv/ college student making a big life choice here and I need your well traveled knowledge.
>About to get into the college I want to transfer into
>due to my grades know I can get a scholarship
>Planning to minor in either chinese, Korean or Japanese
>Already have a few credits in chinese and have been to china 3 times
>Know I can live a full comfortable life in china
>But also really want to study in korea or japan
>But whichever country I choose I may end up living in for a few years.

I don't know which country to choose but I need to start studying now so I can know the language of which ever one I choose. So my question to you fine people of /trv/ is which country will I have the best time living?

I've dated girls from china and korea and I know china is super fun and I hear Korea is a great place to party but has shit work culture. But I do not know much about japan. (other than the fact that no one says anything good about them in asia.)

Please help.
>>
Probably Japan is the best to live in. But Korea has a better nightlife and cheaper.
>>
If you have fun in China and can cope with all its problems, that's what I'd go for if I were you.
China is a world power with the potential to outgrow the western world, and knowing the language and having experience with the culture is probably going to be handy in the future - job prospects, etc.
Your other choices are way less relevant.
>>
>>1204663
Korea and japan are some of the economic tigers of asia no no where near irrelevant. China also is destroying their country with hard core pollution. I love china but these are facts so I'm asking people who have preferably been to all 3.
>>
Is Taiwan, Hong Kong, or Macau a feasible alternative to China?
>>
>>1204669
Whats wrong with mainland china?
>>
>>1204688
Communism
Lack of basic human rights
Very poor ecology
>>
>>1204691
It's a lot more fun for foreigners then one would think. Most uneducated people jsut trash china but if you talk to some of the anons here you will see its more than worth a visit if you are sociable and learn some chinese you could have the time of your life. Chinese college girls especially are fucking amazing to be with.
>>
Bumping for more educated responses.
>>
there are a lot of factors. If you can have a good non-teaching job in China, I'd say go there. You can build experience and if shit hits the fan or you dont like it youll have transferrable experience to bring back home. If you just want to do the english teaching gig, I'd say China as well, provided it's only for 1-3 years. Korea would be another good ESL option, better pay I think. If you want a long-term life I'd say Japan or Taiwan.
>>
>>1204744
Nah I would only do the esl thing again if my plans fall through. I'm getting a degree in international marketing. I also know some mandarin and have been to china quite a few times.

My main goal is to stay in the country more long term. I am thinking about career building, finding a wife,having kids the whole 9 yards. No I am not some turbo autist I am just goal oriented. I have never been to taiwan before or japan or korea.
>>
>>1204691
You forgot to mention mainlander chinese.
>>
>>1204847
>>1204691
You know what? I though trv would be more well educated about china but I was wrong you guys are saying the same shit people who never went there say. How dare you talk shit about main lander chinese because of memes it is revolting.
>>
>>1204848
You don't need to travel to China to know how mainlanders are.
Have you even traveled before?
>>
File: 335px-Xintian_shj.jpg (24KB, 335x598px) Image search: [Google]
335px-Xintian_shj.jpg
24KB, 335x598px
>>1204850
Have you read my posts? I've been to china 3 times for long term and dated various chinese women and had many chinese friends. So basically you never went to china you talk shit about them and then accuse me of not know what I"M talking about?

How about you shut the fuck up if you honestly don't know what you are talking about. I fucking hate people like you.
>>
>>1204837
Yeah wherever you can get a real job, that's the best option. If it's china that's an okay pick. The thing is, as you've been there, you probably know it's not the best place for kids or a family. If you're up north you'd essentially be cutting years off you and your family's lives with PM 2.5 and all that. Might be an okay place to develop a career then either jettison to the US or maybe Taiwan if you can find opportunity. The reason I suggest Taiwan is because it's the same language but a more chill culture and lifestyle. Better for raising kids or retiring, not really the best for career development though, to be honest. Regardless, make sure wherever you go you're not doing ESL, unless you actually plan to do that as a career. Way too easy to get pigeonholed from that.

From what I gather you want to study abroad, Taiwan also has a great infrastructure for that and plentiful scholarships. It's not Japan, the Mainland, or Korea, but it might offer everything you're looking for.
>>
>>1204853
I want to visit Taiwan but I'm not sure about studying there since I will have to study madarin and the work culture in china seems to be a game of stay one step ahead of your boss.

i have been to the north and south of china and you are right it's not the best place to raise a family although I love it. I was considering studying chinese in my own time and getting HSK6 and maybe minoring in japanese or korean of course honestly I would prefer a job in taiwan but it does not seem as likely.
>>
>>1204858
well, the main reason I bring up study is that after you graduate from undergraduate, you could get a scholarship to study Chinese full time in Taiwan, then apply to do a Masters program in Taiwan as well, for free. Then with those in hand you can, in Taiwan at least, immediately qualify for a work visa. Work a few years, then with experience in hand go back to the States or Europe, get a good MBA, then go BACK to Asia with an even better job. Granted it's a long-term process. Regardless, good luck in your journeys!
>>
>>1204848
Oh, please.

The part of the country I live in is very well-known for having a very large Chinese population. I went to a college with a very large Chinese student body. I have friends who have went to China. Hell, *I* went to China not too long ago.

My beliefs aren't completely unfounded.
>>
>>1205016
>Ask for advice on where too study
>All I get are people who never went to china ragging on it
I don't get it if you never went there why do you think you know more than someone who has?
I regret even bringing up china since people can't seem to act civil about it.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.