[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/trv/ California general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_6877.png (1MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6877.png
1MB, 750x1334px
First time traveling to Los Angeles any tips/recommendations/places to visit?
>>
>>1204544
are you only going to be in LA?

I would probably just say avoid santa monica/ venice and sunset strip. its just super generic tourist traps with a lot of shops and restaurants that you'll find everywhere else in the states.
>>
>>1204616
*LA only?
>>
>>1204544
Go to Monterey park and Arcadia for the best Chinese food, avoid the Chinatown experience, it's a tourist trap.

Make sure to visit little Tokyo and koreatown, lots of great food there.

The observatory and the new museum of modern arts are fun too.
>>
>>1204544
The Getty
Disneyland if it isn't packed
Drive Mulholland
Visit UCLA (beautiful campus)
Check out a rooftop bar in DTLA
The Observatory
Drive Hwy 1

Plenty to do, more than I've listed but these are some highlights.
>>
Any suggestions for the Inland Empire area that don't involve drinking?
>>
>>1205896
Inland empire is absolutely terrible in my opinion. Visit Joshua Tree?
>>
>>1205896
meth and dirt bikes and meth.
>>
I've had some friendly chap from Cali but living abroad recommend me the Trinity Alps while on my way to Washington. He recommended taking the 101 to Redwood national park and then going to the Alps, since I'm much more of a countryside enthusiast than a city one. Anything else to see from that perspective?
>>
>>1207030
Forgot to mention that I'd like to check a few smaller towns, just to talk to people and see how it's like living in smaller communities.
>>
>>1206460
yuuuuup
>>
>>1207030
>countryside enthusiast
Take Highway 1 instead of Highway 101. Much better scenary than 101. You'll enjoy the Redwoods, too.
>>
>>1207374
Thanks!
>>
>>1207374
Seconded. Stop in Big Sur and do some camping/hiking if you can.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.