[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how common is airbnb fraud? how do you know if you can trust

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

how common is airbnb fraud? how do you know if you can trust the person making the add?
>>
>>1203981

If something's is grossly not as described just go through Support.

The one time I had to use them they came through for me and I got my money back and then some.

Host is probably butt-raped by them, though.
>>
>>1203985
>If something's is grossly not as described just go through Support.
but you don't know that until you actually rent it and go and stay at the place right?

i've seen a couple offers which look great but the pictures are taken straight out of a decoration catalog
>>
>>1203981
>how common is airbnb fraud? how do you know if you can trust the person making the add?
I guess use your gut. If the pictures seem too good to be true for the price, then use your buyer beware instincts to skip it. If you read the reviews and they aren't by typical travelers with long resumes of ratings, hrm, might be friends who posted.

The fraud that airbnb might have is not being met by the messenger person with the key, where they can act like you never showed up and not take the blame.

When it comes to hotels, I typically look at user photos and stare intently at the bathroom pics, the concave nature of a mattress, the initial bedspread low quality of the linens and think about myself there. Hotel photos are usually bait and switch, but users who typed a review are typically pissed, and even 6 months of wear and tear in a hotel might be too much time to trust recent renovations.

I see airbnb as a good way to get time at an investment condo out of season for a high priced area, but for a room? No. Safety reasons that someone else has the key and you're alone there.
>>
File: firefox_2017-01-16_19-47-25.png (533KB, 1038x887px) Image search: [Google]
firefox_2017-01-16_19-47-25.png
533KB, 1038x887px
>>1203986

1. Check reviews and feedback n sheeit

2. Yes, you don't see the place until you see it, there is still a 24hr cancellation protection policy if things are not as described

If the pictures are -literally- wrong, simply photo and report them.
>>
>>1203981
never had an issue with it, but I always contact hosts prior to booking
>>
I've used airbnb 5+ times and never had a problem with them. Just don't be an idiot. All my hosts had great references/reviews and Airbnb is a big company, if anything goes wrong, they'll help you out.
>>
>>1203981
>read reviews for obviously fake ones
>contact host and talk with them
>don't book something that looks to good to be true

not really hard, just don't see something and go "oh lightning book" before contacting the host
>>
>>1203981
Why is it called airbnb?

Like, air bed and breakfast?

WTF.
>>
>>1203981
Read the owner's reviews. If there aren't any reviews then move on to the next place. It's really not hard.
>>
>>1205377
How do they get they ever get their first review then?
>>
IF IT'S TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE THEN IT IS
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.