[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /trv Is it possible?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

So /trv
Is it possible?
>>
>>1203825
if your asshole survive africa, then middle east, then an arduous tibet trip, well yes
>>
>>1203825
sure, but if you add one quick ferry, you can go from south africa, boat from morocco to spain, and then go from europe to china and south east asia
>>
File: 1332179466001.png (96KB, 832x567px) Image search: [Google]
1332179466001.png
96KB, 832x567px
>nobody on /trv/ will ever be Realtravelerâ„¢ enough to pull this off
>>
>>1203874
>no bridge or ferry crossing the Bering Straight exists
;_;
>>
Not impossible.
>>
>>1203912
Just walk across it bro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zy2rOM7bdK8
>>
>>1203825
It's not impossible, but it's highly dangerous and difficult. Visas for some of these countries is a massive pain, Iraq doesn't hand them out, Israel will want to know why you were in Libya (you'll also be crossing their land border = stamp in passport = no entry to Iran), in Turkmenistan (and Iran if you're American) you need a guide all the time, eastern Tajikistan is difficult to get access to, etc. You'd have to deviate from the line all the time for border crossings, assuming you even can cross some of these. North Niger and South Libya are warzones, and the road from Amman to Baghdad is a serious contender for most dangerous road in the world, parts of it liberated very recently from fucking ISIL.

Some ultra survivor/Real Traveller/adventurer could have done it with loads of cash and two years of preparation. I think for us normal people it's practically impossible.
>>
>>1203825
You'll need multiple passports. A lot of these places don't like each other.
>>
File: 1484540096996.jpg (161KB, 828x633px) Image search: [Google]
1484540096996.jpg
161KB, 828x633px
>straight line
>crosses other straight line more than once
fuckin non-euclidian geometry, man
>>
>>1204045

>I'm retarded and don't know how to draw a straight line on a flat projection of a sphere
>>
>>1204049
>lines of latitude aren't straight
>>
>>1204050
Are you a troll, a flat earther or extremely dumb? It's one of those three, so think carefully before answering.
>>
>>1204074
>all lines of latitude are parallel to each other and do not intersect
>not straight
lrn2maths, faggot
>>
>>1204076
Extremely dumb it is, gotcha.
>>
>>1204085
Curved because they follow the curvature of the Earth. So does OP's "straight line" There are no straight lines on a curved surface. Whether a line is straight in a projection would depend on which projection you use.
>>
>>1204085
>attacks poster
>not post
yeah, that ad hominim sure proved me wrong
>>
Right now, it's absolutely not possible. Even if you could make it through Africa (and that is where I would start), you will not be able to enter or survive a trip through the Islamic State. Even if you were able to enter their borders, almost all vehicles are targeted by airstrikes, and if you're walking on foot, you'll be kidnapped and end up on their latest smut video. Wait until IS collapses, then give it a go
>>
>>1203825
OP, my reaction to your "idea" isn't if it is possible, but that it's stupid to even want to do something like drawing a line across continents and then find it interesting to traverse. It's a WASTE OF TIME to do it, or even contemplate it. Go do some travel that is based on topographical interestingness at least. Go see a waterfall, bop around to some national parks, wonders, cool city museums. Why in the world would straight lines on land be "oh wow neat gotta do that" to anyone? Why not do a circle? A star? A crooked line? A crescent shape? OH I KNOW, what about the shortest line?
>>
>>1204115
>Please only like what In like, and please do not be interested in things that do not interest me.

Useful post.
>>
>I want to travel through a bunch of shitty countries for bragging rights
It's almost never worth traveling outside of North America (Canada/USA), Western and Central Europe, Australia, New Zealand, or Japan.
>>
>>1204354
southeast asia is pretty cool
>>
>>1204381
pedo
>>
File: P6071986.png (972KB, 807x605px) Image search: [Google]
P6071986.png
972KB, 807x605px
>>1204354
Plenty of places outside those are worth it.

Also, not possible as it is. Visa issues, borders that may or may not be open or only for locals etc (you may very well have to cross into Afghanistan, follow the line, then backtrack through Tajikistan because lel no border crossing for non-natives), war zones from Niger onwards etc.
>>
>>1203825

>Crossing the Sahara diagnoally
That sounds like fucking suicide when all the Tuareg looted the guns out of Gadaffi's armories.

>Crossing ISIS Iraq
Beheaded

>Crossing Chang Tang
Unpopulated
>>
>>1204114
>>1204408
Stop saying he needs to go through ISIS, he doesn't. He would travel south of ISIS territory, not that that part of Iraq is any safer.
>>
>>1204655
But the point is to stay on the line, right? Detours not allowed.

>ISIS's closed.
>>
File: laughingstalin.jpg (24KB, 344x400px) Image search: [Google]
laughingstalin.jpg
24KB, 344x400px
>>1203825
>>1203828
>>1203892
>>1204013
>>1204115
>yfw some roughed out Australian lad has already hitchhiked this entire route round trip
>>
File: route-ish.png (411KB, 1657x920px) Image search: [Google]
route-ish.png
411KB, 1657x920px
>>1204674
But that's my point, he doesn't have to. The line proper crosses through some desert areas that's marked black on maps, but it's of no practical difference; there's no checkpoints or soldiers there, or anything else for that matter, it's all desert and he won't know if he's in ISIS or Iraqi territory. Or if he's allowed to deviate from the route, he can just follow the Amman-Baghdad road to the south, which is under full Iraqi control.

In any case it's not possible, the road is too dangerous and no one can hike through the Iraqi desert like that.
>>
>>1204705
Source??!
>>
Someone really likes Mr. Bean
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.